Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

Different situations, Puig came in a very difficult time into the match. I am expecting more from Griezi, i knew he will miss the pen.

The pen was poor but Griezmann in my opinion played well for 90 mins. Not so much in ET and pen.

Created three best chances, had five attempts, always showed for ball as usual was one of hardest working and made as many tackles/interceptions as anyone in team.

Puig had less influence in open play by a long way but looked tidy enough a few times and pen was good.

Still waiting for Puig to start to have a better judgement. All season he had only some spare minutes, often in situations when the team is trailing. Yesterday he came on and had a dead tired team around him for 30 minutes.

Birdy

Ronald Koeman: “The last penalty? I had 4 names on the list, and I asked who wanted to shoot the last one to win the game..and Riqui said that he wanted to take it, with determination”

Puig has strong mentality.
I am still amazed in a negative sense on how Griezman can have so many confidence problems

Gnidrologist

What is this with that constant "cliche" of "Where are the haters now?". "Haters" being any people, who allow to criticize any one person for any reason. Especially in regards to Puig this cameo again showed why there is a reasonable foundation for "hate" aka criticism against Koemmander (yes, he can rescind to that name for now lol) for giving such miserable play time. Not only he looks good in such unfavorable rare appearances, but also seems like real deal baller in terms of character, mentality. Then we see likes of Trincao getting way more minutes despite him looking like scared child all the time and being of mediocre technical ability. That's valid reason for "hate".

Horatio

You're welcome
Who said hate? Brought up a huge point of discussion that be going on for weeks. One lad to prove his point linked a vid trying to prove Puig and Pjanic were making fun of Koeman. Better to show a bit of patience and see coach?s plans instead of getting emotionally swept up by petty rumours.

Gnidrologist

I'm more about the general use of "where's the haters now" reaction after one match, were something has slightly changed from the usual - in this case, Koeman never playing Puig. At this point nothing has changed in general and Puig still gets leftover time.
The same in Messi thread, where just because Messi has upped his form greatly after being very bad for a long time, has his simps calling out the "haters", who were mostly just people pointing out he has been very bad not just blindly "hating" or some shit.

Last edited:

malvolio

Who said hate? Brought up a huge point of discussion that be going on for weeks. One lad to prove his point linked a vid trying to prove Puig and Pjanic were making fun of Koeman. Better to show a bit of patience and see coach?s plans instead of getting emotionally swept up by petty rumours.

Rip Koeman haters

koeman is your countryman, we get it. no need to brag after getting one up vs sociedad in the supercup, especially when we had an overall bad game and barely won on penalties.

furthermore, koeman hasn't achieved anything yet. we're on a good run now, after some relatively easy games.

Home of Barca Fans