Mavericky Puig

vegitot

Yea. But we will be back to a 4-3-3 in a pretty short while I think, so it is important to not lose Puig. He was impressive in several games under Setien. And that was not a well functioning team. In a properly fast and mobile 4-3-3 he could be great.

I might be wrong, but didn't all our CL wins come with a 4-3-3?

If Koeman still mains De Jong, he wont play 4-3-3 soon.

Recently he says he will play Puig if Puig performs well enough, so maybe he will use him as sub for Coutinho next match though we dont know what his standard is.

George_Costanza

Yes. What is your problem? I praise him when he plays well but now he has mediocre performances and his flaws are more than ever. So i can not point it out??

Playing mediocre for whom? I don't fucking care if he plays bad for planet Mars team as long as he performs well for my team Barcelona. You started bashing him during the break and before any international game. Although he did well in with the U21 NT hence he started every game but that's not the point.

You just wanted to be noticed in this forum by bashing a popular La Masia kid. You turned 180 on Puig from his biggest admirer voting him MOTM in every game he played into his biggest hater during the break and until now when Puig didn't even play a single official minute for Barcelona.

You are a fuking troll, and I showed everyone your pathetic trolling games. Game over for you, maybe you should start over with a new trolling user name.

vegitot

Playing mediocre for whom? I don't fucking care if he plays bad for planet Mars team as long as he performs well for my team Barcelona. You started bashing him during the break and before any international game. Although he did well in with the U21 NT hence he started every game but that's not the point.

You just wanted to be noticed in this forum by bashing a popular La Masia kid. You turned 180 on Puig from his biggest admirer voting him MOTM in every game he played into his biggest hater during the break and until now when Puig didn't even play a single official minute for Barcelona.

You are a fuking troll, and I showed everyone your pathetic trolling games. Game over for you, maybe you should start over with a new trolling user name.

Lmao you just totally lost sir.

First of all, this is a player chat thread, we discuss everything about player and his performance with both at Barca and his national team. So i dont see why i should not discuss about it. And not even his pre season games for Barca are amazing if you compare it to his days under Setien.

Second, he is mediocre for U21 team in both matches he has played till now. No one even try to praise him, especially this game vs Faroe Island, but you. And he starts both games does not mean he play well lol.

Third, even Messi will be criticized if he plays badly. Do you think Puig hold a even higher status than Messi so we can not criticize him if he is mediocre?? Lol.

Last, you still can not prove how good Puig is againts Faroe Island. You said a random journalist on internet wrote something like Puig being amazing in that match and consider it as the truth. Biased. The actual video of his action is quite opposite. He is mediocre vs Faroe Island. Here is one of his fan on twitter who makes many Puig videos on youtube and even he says Puig being mediocre in this match
https://twitter.com/paleszhurts_/status/1314261678914187264?s=19

So who is a troll here? I will let people on this forum to judge.

fergus90

Here is his first performance for U21 Spain. The amount of bad passes he made in this match is very high.

It?s pretty irrelevant how Puig plays for Spain. It?s his Barcelona form that counts and based on his performances at the tail end of last season, he warranted a place in the squad and is deserving of more minutes.

Puig isn?t the finished article, he does things great and needs to improve in other areas. but football fans of course are too quick to overrate players or too quickly to hate on them.

People expecting great performances from any footballer every week is gonna end up disappointed.

vegitot

It?s pretty irrelevant how Puig plays for Spain. It?s his Barcelona form that counts and based on his performances at the tail end of last season, he warranted a place in the squad and is deserving of more minutes.

Puig isn?t the finished article, he does things great and needs to improve in other areas. but football fans of course are too quick to overrate players or too quickly to hate on them.

People expecting great performances from any footballer every week is gonna end up disappointed.

irrelevant? I dont think so. Consider the fact that Koeman is not using him now and will use him if he performs well, it is his performance with NT to convince Koeman and show his real value.

fergus90

irrelevant? I dont think so. Consider the fact that Koeman is not using him now and will use him if he performs well, it is his performance with NT to convince Koeman and show his real value.

Koeman will not select or drop Puig based on a u21s qualifier in Faroe Islands. If he performs well in training and in matches with Barca that will be enough to convince him to give him playing time.

George_Costanza

This guy is trolling and he is very bad at it. Reminds me of early stage Messigician's trolling. Better not to take him seriously and feed his trolling activities here.

vegitot

Koeman will not select or drop Puig based on a u21s qualifier in Faroe Islands. If he performs well in training and in matches with Barca that will be enough to convince him to give him playing time.

How can he play for Barca if Koeman doesnt give him minutes? Performance with naitonal team plus in training will help him convince Koeman better.

George_Costanza

Prove Puig is amazing vs Faroe Island???

FAIL!

Prove he is bad with Barcelona troll.

RMoLDqS.jpg

fergus90

How can he play for Barca if Koeman doesnt give him minutes? Performance with naitonal team plus in training will help him convince Koeman better.

The national team is completely different, might be a different formation or system plus playing with players who you're not accustomed to. Even more so in u-21 football where everyone is of similar age and little experience.

There is a congested fixture list coming up between now and the next international break, Koeman will have to start utilising his squad more. We saw against Sevilla the same XI looked a little flat by the third game, fresh legs will need to come in. This is when the guys who are lower in the pecking order get to show the coach they deserve more playing time. The second half of the Sevilla game was the perfect scenario to bring in Puig and I think Koeman made a mistake in not doing so.

vegitot

The national team is completely different, might be a different formation or system plus playing with players who you're not accustomed to. Even more so in u-21 football where everyone is of similar age and little experience.

There is a congested fixture list coming up between now and the next international break, Koeman will have to start utilising his squad more. We saw against Sevilla the same XI looked a little flat by the third game, fresh legs will need to come in. This is when the guys who are lower in the pecking order get to show the coach they deserve more playing time.

True. But dont you think a good performance with NT can convince a coach better? Same thing with a good performanc at Club level will help you to have better chance with national team.

The match vs Sevilla is a bit tricky,just 3 days after the match vs Celta away with bad weather and it affects players condition.

New legs are needed, of course.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans