Matthijs de Ligt

Ajax

You guys are stunningly arrogant. Its amazing.

You think everybody wants to play for barca and when they dont its about money

Maybe MdL thinks:
- valverde is mediocre
- messi is carrying the team but old (not getting any better)
- no guaranteed playing time
- all their big signings fail
- juve has a tradition of defending and great centerbacks.
- i can learn more from Chielini than from Pique (different skill set)
- winning CL with Juve is an accomplishment. A title with Barca is just another one this decade
- more money
- guaranteed playing time

Would be funny if he comes back from vacation and sign for City

malvolio

this is the only thing that you wrote that might be true and could very well happen. city has the money and de ligt would be a perfect heir to kompany. don't know why they aren't linked

players that come to play for madrid or barcelona, come for the prestige of the club(potential to win trophies) and the money. like they give a fuck if it's lopetegui or valverde coaching them :lol:

Raketa10

You guys are stunningly arrogant. Its amazing.

Maybe MdL thinks:
- valverde is mediocre
- winning CL with Juve is an accomplishment. A title with Barca is just another one this decade
- more money

I don't know if you are aware but the name of this forum is "barcaforum" so of course we are all biased towards Barca. If you have problems with that than you are in the wrong place mate.

abbbs97

De Ligt to City wont happen. Pep and Raiola hate each other and they will never work with each other again. Even if its a super talent like de Ligt. I heard they're working to sign Maguire who will cost the same as de Ligt.

Messi983

With a new tax law in Italy they won't have to pay him 24m gross.

Under the new tax law players who move to Italy from abroad will be given a tax exemption covering 50% of their salaries, meaning a player earning €10M euros would only be taxed on €5M. That would give a tax bill of around €2.15M at the top rate of 43%, which is an effective rate of 21.5% (compared to 45% in Spain or the UK). Given that players almost always receive their salaries net of tax, that is the club pays both the salary and the tax, this new regime makes it far cheaper for Italian clubs to bring in foreign players.

https://en.as.com/en/2019/06/27/football/1561665200_458007.html

Givenchy

De Ligt will be earning 24m gross, which means 12m net + bonuses. This will make him the highest paid CB itw. Higher than Pique, Ramos and VVD. which is insane.
I dont think De Jong is actually earning 10m + 6m bonuses. Thats way too much. I think its around 8m + bonuses. So we offered de Ligt similar wages to De Jong but he refused.

disgusting wages if true. we should steer well clear of Raiola clients in the future

Leo_Messi

There are plenty of fish in the sea. By no means the end of the world. FDJ was a much more important and strategic transfer. In particular given our aging midfield core (Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal).

If a player does not want to join the club like 99.9% (another way of saying that most would jump at the chance of joining us) of all other players when given the chance, he is not worth going bonkers for financially. Buying de Ligt or not is the last of our worries anyway if we are honest. It is not like our CB's are some scrubs. If just one could buy a new board however.

Piqué, Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo (give this guy a real chance - the talent is obvious) and possibly a new CB is more than enough for 2 positions for the next season. Next season new "de Ligt's" (maybe not as good at his age but who knows, CB's that are currently worse than de Ligt might outgrow him in the future - him being very good now is not a guarantee of anything) will emerge let alone the existing very promising and young CB's such as for instance Ibrahima Konaté who I would prefer over de Ligt if I was in Abidal's and Segura's position.

In short, CB's like de Ligt (no matter how impressive he has been this season) are easier to find (not to mention that a more mobile CB would be more ideal for us) than players like FDJ. Hence the board (for once) doing the right thing, I believe, but only time will tell.

Anyway at least the club won't deal with the corrupt rat and pizza delivery guy, Raiola.

Last edited:

Sorin

De Ligt will be earning 24m gross, which means 12m net + bonuses. This will make him the highest paid CB itw. Higher than Pique, Ramos and VVD. which is insane.
I dont think De Jong is actually earning 10m + 6m bonuses. Thats way too much. I think its around 8m + bonuses. So we offered de Ligt similar wages to De Jong but he refused.

Who said that he's going to earn 24m gross? With the new tax law in Italy that is roughly 18m net and ain't nobody paying that to De Ligt. The most trustworthy Juve sources have him pegged at 12m net(bonuses included) which is around 16m gross.

Anyway, my point was to show how off the mark some fans of a certain team are when they say that De Jong will earn 16m net(lmao that would mean 32m gross ffs) just to make themselves feel better that they missed out on him. It's clear as day that he's on nothing close to those figures and they are most likely before tax. Because if they were after tax, and we were supposedly offering De Ligt almost the same deal, then it would trump even what Juve are giving him and he'd be ours by now.

Andresito

Staff member
Good that we didn't budge, let Juve overpay for him.

In the end he was just an opportunity, not a necessity for us.

Gaudi

The only thing worrying here is if we backed out because of Neymar.
Imagine dark scenario in which PSG screws us over Neymar but drags it till august, Griezman goes somewhere else, we missed on De Light and then a panic buy of Willian for 90 mill happens:lol:

Messi983

The only thing worrying here is if we backed out because of Neymar.
Imagine dark scenario in which PSG screws us over Neymar but drags it till august, Griezman goes somewhere else, we missed on De Light and then a panic buy of Willian for 90 mill happens:lol:

Grieizmann is a done deal.

MagIX

Maybe MdL thinks:
- valverde is mediocre
- more money

I tend to agree.
The dream team where everyone dreamed of playing, no longer exists. There are no more Iniesta and Xavi, Messi is 32 and at the end of his career, same for Suarez, Busquets, Piqué ....ok we are still a legendary club, but we've lost our "sex appeal" thanks to our incompetent board with a total absence of visions, serious and long term projects and failed transfer market.

Home of Barca Fans