Matthijs de Ligt

malvolio

Barça is still a dream team for many players. It never was a dream team for all players.

It's Real and Barça at the top of the list for the most desirebale football club destination.

Maybe the English players would prefer English clubs, but that is because english talent is overpriced and doesn't tend to move abroad. Also, german players might have a fetish for Bayern, if they don't want to leave their home country.

This bullshit about who is manager is not justified by history. Both Barça and Real had shitty or no-name managers over the last 20 years. Did that stop them from attracting the very best talent in the world? Nope

If Umtiti regains his old form and stays injury free, no one will even think about De Ligt. I know that is a big IF, but i think that in form Umtiti is trully amazing.

kattanib

The only thing worrying here is if we backed out because of Neymar.
Imagine dark scenario in which PSG screws us over Neymar but drags it till august, Griezman goes somewhere else, we missed on De Light and then a panic buy of Willian for 90 mill happens:lol:

Neymar screwing our summer v2

abbbs97

Who said that he's going to earn 24m gross? With the new tax law in Italy that is roughly 18m net and ain't nobody paying that to De Ligt. The most trustworthy Juve sources have him pegged at 12m net(bonuses included) which is around 16m gross.

Anyway, my point was to show how off the mark some fans of a certain team are when they say that De Jong will earn 16m net(lmao that would mean 32m gross ffs) just to make themselves feel better that they missed out on him. It's clear as day that he's on nothing close to those figures and they are most likely before tax. Because if they were after tax, and we were supposedly offering De Ligt almost the same deal, then it would trump even what Juve are giving him and he'd be ours by now.

This is where I got it from:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...t-agrees-terms-juventus-psg-refuse-to-give-up

Sorin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Juventus have agreement with de Ligt for his contract: 2024, €12M/season [add ons included, precisely €8M + add ons].<br><br>There will be a release clause into his contract with Juve (around €150M).<br><br>Juve will now start talks with Ajax. PSG still in the race.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/transfers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#transfers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Juve?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Juve</a> ������</p>— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1143996577054416896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But the same journo, Fabrizio Romano, tweeted this. So which one is true?

tacticvarium

[tw]1144643909441601538[/tw]

Another shit no-one-cares-about-what-you-think former player who is blind and talks nonsense.
The current Barça is not even a strong candidate both financial and sporting wise.
I'm also 200% certain that De Ligt will have much better player career than this nobody.

Last edited:

malvolio

[tw]1144643909441601538[/tw]

Another shit no-one-cares-about-what-you-think former player who is blind and talks nonsense.
The current Barça is not even a strong candidate both financial and sporting wise.
I'm also 200% certain that De Ligt will have much better player career than this nobody.

World Cup and Euro winner Dugarry, tells it like it is. Barcelona is the most succesfull club in the world for the past 10 years.

Raketa10

Who’d want to play for a manager like Valverde..

I’ve no idea what FDJ was thinking , just glad we’ve got him ..

Valverde will be gone in one year dude and we are still the best club in the last decade. Valverde is not Barca FFS he will be playing for Barca and not Valverde! WTF is wrong with some of you?!

Zidane82

Valverde will be gone in one year dude and we are still the best club in the last decade. Valverde is not Barca FFS he will be playing for Barca and not Valverde! WTF is wrong with some of you?!

There’s a definite risk when you sign for the current Barca ... maybe there’s something wrong with you if you don’t see it .

Valverde started Coutinho’s career on the right wing and he had a terrible start to his Barca time .... Valverde continues to play Roberto who’s a squad level midfielder at RB despite all his mistakes and despite having a perfectly good RB in Samedo.. Valverde refuses to play Malcom who had a fantastic game ( against Real Madrid ??) but then was hardly given a look in .. the list of concerns is endless..

mc_lovin

Can we stop pretending Semedo is this insane talent at rightback? Hes just as average as Roberto.

On topic: I still have hope :S

abbbs97

There’s a definite risk when you sign for the current Barca ... maybe there’s something wrong with you if you don’t see it .

Valverde started Coutinho’s career on the right wing and he had a terrible start to his Barca time .... Valverde continues to play Roberto who’s a squad level midfielder at RB despite all his mistakes and despite having a perfectly good RB in Samedo.. Valverde refuses to play Malcom who had a fantastic game ( against Real Madrid ??) but then was hardly given a look in .. the list of concerns is endless..

I definitely agree that Valverde stagnates young players' careers, but like Raketa said, Valverde wont be here forever nor will the current board be here too. 2021, if Font is elected, we could be seeing a whole new Barca with Xavi as manager very likely. I just really wanted to see de Ligt here because he's the perfect Barca player and has great leadership which is badly needed here. And seeing him play with De Jong would've been great.
But, I'm interested to see how he does under Sarri, a much superior coach to Valverde but also someone who is very stubborn.

Arizona Scott

It is a huge risk if you sign for City, Liverpool, Barca or Real. City has crazy depth/talent--they get 60 mil guys on the bench competing for your spot. Klopp demands ultimate commitment and they are deep too--MDL might never play if he went there. Real tosses you like a used sofa if you don't perform for the slightest time--no patience in the brass or fans.

Juv or PSG honestly were very smart choices at this point in MDL career. Not having to go match to match in EPL or La Liga with that kind of pace and technique in opponents, shoe in for CL group stages each year, sure fire starter. On top of that paid at least as well. Probably right for a 19 year olds development who has been a regular in the dutch league and great earning/financial play.

Home of Barca Fans