Matthijs de Ligt

MTL_Barca

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax): "Going to Juve? It could be, but there are other clubs, my future is decided by Raiola." [tuttosport] <a href="https://t.co/DYEB8wGNLt">pic.twitter.com/DYEB8wGNLt</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1111926206302179328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who will pay the most?

That is either a wrong translation or the whole quote is made up, no way a player would say his agent decides what club he joins lol

Messigician

That is either a wrong translation or the whole quote is made up, no way a player would say his agent decides what club he joins lol

Fake news lol. De Ligt can simply say get me to a top club that pays the most and gives me the most playing time.

It's what agents do it would be stupid for them to say oh i only want to join fc Barcelona idc if they pay me half of what juve pays with half the playing time because they already have 3 world class centre backs

Last edited:

Gari

@MDpor_elmundo] | Bartomeu has also been speaking with Mino Raiola, the representative of Matthijs de Ligt, with whom he has an excellent personal relationship and has reached an understanding. Raiola, today, is no longer an obstacle as before.Bartomeu has maintained good relations with Mino Raiola since he was the sports vice president of Barça and has managed to maintain this now that he is president

Porque

@MDpor_elmundo] | Bartomeu has also been speaking with Mino Raiola, the representative of Matthijs de Ligt, with whom he has an excellent personal relationship and has reached an understanding. Raiola, today, is no longer an obstacle as before.Bartomeu has maintained good relations with Mino Raiola since he was the sports vice president of Barça and has managed to maintain this now that he is president

The source of this was the waiter at the Cafe they were meeting at. He overheard when Bartomeu asked for extra sugar for Raiola coffee.

The waiter asked why, Raiola had already 3 spoons of sugar. Bartomeu answered it was to "sweeten" the de Ligt deal and that he and Raiola had reached an understanding and that Raiola, as of today, is no longer an obstacle as before. Why Bartomeu would share all those details is anyone's guess, but perhaps he saw the potential of a press leak.

The waiter replied "fantastic, I am going to tell elm undo that exact quote", then also mentioned that Valverde was there last week and said he preferred Inigo Martinez as de Ligt didn't have LaLiga experience.

/True story.

Xavinho

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax): "Going to Juve? It could be, but there are other clubs, my future is decided by Raiola." [tuttosport] <a href="https://t.co/DYEB8wGNLt">pic.twitter.com/DYEB8wGNLt</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1111926206302179328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"This place looks amazing. I'd love to put in an offer, but it's my real estate agent who will decide which house I'll buy."

Raketa10

If some people still think we don't need him they should just go and re-watch yesterday's game. He is a must buy.

Riordon

If some people still think we don't need him they should just go and re-watch yesterday's game. He is a must buy.

He is that type of player a CB partnership needs.

One CB should be a lion heart, leader, shout and dominate. In the Puyol-Pique partnership that was Puyol....but now Pique has that role.

The other CB should be fast, good with the ball(playing out of the back) and so on....Used to be Pique, before Umtiti. I consider both Umtiti and Lenglet to be this type of CB thats why it didn't work yesterday.

We need De Ligt to be that leader CB.

raskolnikov

I feel he is Pique’s natural successor but dont know if he can play next to him. In a few years De Ligt with last years Umtiti would be perfect.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Regarding those reports of De Ligt joining us pretty much a done deal from MD:

[tw]1113563251248439296[/tw]

Maybe he wants to join Juventus?

Givenchy

you're reading too much into those comments. remember, Ajax still have a CL tie vs Juve so the season is far from over

why on earth would he want to join Juve/bayern ahead of Barca? it seems we are even planning to sell Umtiti to make room

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
actually thats a retard statement by deligt.. dejong signed and he still plays for ajax

you're reading too much into those comments. remember, Ajax still have a CL tie vs Juve so the season is far from over

Interestingly, instead of dismissing what was reported by Tuttosport that he will let Raiola decide his future (at least that is what was being alleged that he said), he chose to diss MD. I don't think MD has been that bad in particular, they, along with Sport and even Valentijn Driessen, the Head of Sport for De Telegraaf have been saying that De Ligt wants to join us. Why he singled out MD I have no idea. Perhaps he truly wants to join Juventus or Bayern etc.

If he doesn't want to come here, he doesn't come. That's OK. I'd say we chase the French duos at Leipzig.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
why on earth would he want to join Juve/bayern ahead of Barca? it seems we are even planning to sell Umtiti to make room

More money maybe? It was reported by one of Sport or MD (I forgot) a couple of days ago that we told Ajax that the offer we submitted (allegedly 60m) would be the final offer and there is a bigger and more enticing offer from Bayern. Not sure if it is true, I doubt it but I can see Juventus or Bayern offering more (Bayern will be going crazy this summer on a buying spree, with 300m rumored as the transfer budget).

Playing time? Juventus has a more urgent need to replenish their old CBs than us. Bayern might offload both Boateng and Hummels. Perhaps De Ligt thinks he has to compete for the LCB position with Umtiti and Lenglet instead of replacing Pique right away? From what I have watched De Ligt, he has always played as a RCB.

By no means are Juve and Bayern bad places to be so he might be tempted.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans