Matthijs de Ligt

MTL_Barca

Why would Catalan papers want to drive up his price? :thinking:

I think if anything it's about hyping him up more. I mean they even claim Bayern would pay much more than us so if he comes they can just say he took the lower offer because he loves us so much :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]1111316674731536385[/tw]

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-de-de-ligt-para-fichar-por-el-barcelona.html

I think what MD says is De Ligt wants us to have a deal with Ajax first before committing to us and negotiating on personal terms. This is a bit worrisome in my opinion because Ajax will be tempted to get as much money as possible and if we don't match a higher offer from say Juventus or Bayern etc. no agreement with Ajax will be made.

It was said that we don't want to get into a bidding war but sounds like it is coming.

FC433

^
I believe there is only one team that is still interested. BM got their defence sorted. Juve got other targets. Madrid got Militão and they also can buyback Mario Hermoso for only 6m. PSG got other positions to reinforce. MUFC are looking for a more experienced CB. A bit too expensive for AM.

There is just us. We are safe unless we decide otherwise.

Saladin

its always nice that we dont depend on this transfer already having three great cbs in the the squqad

But the fact that we can acquire both De Ligt and Jovic for the price of getting Griezmann (and their combined salary will still be lower than what he would sit at) should leave no further doubt about our priorities in the summer window.

De Ligt + Jovic > Griezmann

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
^
I believe there is only one team that is still interested. BM got their defence sorted. Juve got other targets. Madrid got Militão and they also can buyback Mario Hermoso for only 6m. PSG got other positions to reinforce. MUFC are looking for a more experienced CB. A bit too expensive for AM.

There is just us. We are safe unless we decide otherwise.

I don't think Juventus is out of the race yet. There was only a random report which might or might not be reliable a couple of days ago claiming they might be pursuing other targets but as late as last week Juventus' sporting director was going to meet with Raiola.

Bayern I personally believe is set with defenders.

PSG has not been mentioned lately but you never know.

By the way I really started to like Hermoso as I was following Espnayol much more lately and was thinking perhaps we should get him one day. Didn't realize he was a Real Madrid youth product and he could be bought back. Gosh Espanyol is really Real Madrid's affiliate in Barcelona, aren't they? Let's beat them this Saturday!

Newcomer

I don't think Juventus is out of the race yet. There was only a random report which might or might not be reliable a couple of days ago claiming they might be pursuing other targets but as late as last week Juventus' sporting director was going to meet with Raiola.

Bayern I personally believe is set with defenders.

PSG has not been mentioned lately but you never know.

By the way I really started to like Hermoso as I was following Espnayol much more lately and was thinking perhaps we should get him one day. Didn't realize he was a Real Madrid youth product and he could be bought back. Gosh Espanyol is really Real Madrid's affiliate in Barcelona, aren't they? Let's beat them this Saturday!

I agree with what you said but, i would add that Atletico is getting 80 M for Lucas Hernandez.

If they really want, they could afford de Ligt. But i don't really see it. It doesn't sound like them to go for this kind of target.

Juve will be the ultimate rival of Barcelona in de Ligt case.

PSG was only named when they were in for de Jong since the two players have publicly stated they would like to play together in their future club.

Campos

L'équipe tv said the wish list of Zidane is: De Ligt, Pogba, Hazard, Rabiot and Mbappé. 500m € to spend this summer.

SeloBarca

De Jong and De ligt are both Barcafans so either of them joining RM is not that likely.
De ligt is apperantl even willing to take a lower wage than offered by other clubs to join us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
AS says Koulibaly is Real Madrid's first choice should they lose Varane.

I honestly don't believe Varane is going anywhere.

Home of Barca Fans