Matteo Guendouzi

FC433

I rate him a lot and I think he is a brilliant midfielder. However, based on what you say and a lot of AFC supporters say, I think I was just lucky and watched him when he was playing well. One game that I recall was against MUFC when MF pulled his hair. Played very well that game.

Porque

If it is a case of Cou for Guen+Money or Guen for Raki then we should be all over this deal. Not because Guen is so good, but because the other two are a case of bad fit and past it.

Arsenal have Ozil on something crazy like 18m+ a season, so they may be crazy enough to give Coutinho his Barcelona wage. Guen is on just over 2m so an Arthur-ish wage range would be just under double his current salary.

If it doesn't work out, we can always trade him for a 30yr old prime player from Juve in a few years.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Guen is on just over 2m so an Arthur-ish wage range would be just under double his current salary.

Hmmmm we could also pay him 10M/year for no reason, what you think? :bartomeu:

I don't rate the guy highly but if he get's signed cheap in the process of getting rid of expensive deadweight then whatever, might as well try it. But please please please don't overpay this guy as well, because then it's just an endless cycle of expensive players nobody wants to buy.

FinBarcelonafan

Would be more like selling Coutinho for 70m and buying this guy for 20m. Tbh I wouldn't mind this kind of deal. I've never watched him too closely so don't know how good he is but if he fails we could offload him in a year or two with not too much loss. We can't do the same with Coutinho without some players swap deals (and yes, those included players probably won't be exactly worldclass because other clubs are not so desperate to get Coutinho to give us a player they actually need/want in return).

There are a few problems which I think will in the end prevent this swap deal from happening if the rumours are even true.

1. Arteta apparently only has 30m to spend this transfer window. They might sell Auba (if he won't want to renew) to get more money but then their priority will be to replace him not getting Coutinho.
2. Arsenal can't afford Coutinho's wages and I don't believe he'd take a pretty big pay cut to join them.
3. They won't play in CL and if they won't win FA Cup not even in EL so I doubt Coutinho would be interested going there.

Even Coutinho realizes Arsenal is probably the best team he could join. No other top team is signing him. Arsenal is okay for him.

He did take a wage gut to stay with Bayern. Let's hope he is happy to leave and takes wage cut too.

FC B

Negotiations between Barca and Arsenal continue. Barca have offered two formulas to Arsenal: Philippe Coutinho for Matteo Guendouzi + ?50m. Or an exchange of Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitić for against Guendouzi as per
@Santi_J_FM

@footmercato

Eric Abidal has already talked with Matteo Guendouzi. Abidal is piloting the deal as per
@Santi_J_FM

@footmercato

Man I hope he won't end up in Barca, he's as overrated as fuck.

fergus90

When he first broke in the Arsenal team he showed grit which was something they were desperately missing and he could hit a pass. His discipline when it comes to positioning though and his general positional awareness is absolutely horse shit. Basically he's regressed since breaking through and is down the pecking order right now, however the lack of progression might be partly due to the fact Arsenal's midfield generally lack any leadership now. Although Ceballos has looked better under Arteta so far, as he was hot and cold too.

If he joins Barca, people will be scolding him in no time based on his current level.

Last edited:

Newcomer

After missing Rabiot, Bar?a is trying to get the closest thing. French, lot of hair, PSG academy. They have learnt their lesson and are pushing for 2020/2021 title with this kind of business.

Clever and very insightful business by Abidal, once again !

Home of Barca Fans