Matteo Guendouzi

MTL_Barca

50M would already be a good offer for Coutinho considering the circumstances, i could live without Guendouzi though :lol:

Messi983

50M would already be a good offer for Coutinho considering the circumstances, i could live without Guendouzi though :lol:

Would be more like selling Coutinho for 70m and buying this guy for 20m. Tbh I wouldn't mind this kind of deal. I've never watched him too closely so don't know how good he is but if he fails we could offload him in a year or two with not too much loss. We can't do the same with Coutinho without some players swap deals (and yes, those included players probably won't be exactly worldclass because other clubs are not so desperate to get Coutinho to give us a player they actually need/want in return).

There are a few problems which I think will in the end prevent this swap deal from happening if the rumours are even true.

1. Arteta apparently only has 30m to spend this transfer window. They might sell Auba (if he won't want to renew) to get more money but then their priority will be to replace him not getting Coutinho.
2. Arsenal can't afford Coutinho's wages and I don't believe he'd take a pretty big pay cut to join them.
3. They won't play in CL and if they won't win FA Cup not even in EL so I doubt Coutinho would be interested going there.

Vilarrubi

If this deal goes through surely they must have plans to have a major overhaul in midfield....

Busi, Rakitic, Vidal, FDJ, Pjanic, Alena, Puig, Pedri, Fernandes (not sure if he's staying) AND potentially Guendouzi...

Last edited:

El Guaje

If they are doing cash + player deal with Arsenal they should aim to get one of Aubameyang, Pepe, Lacazette or Martinelli.

RIZALDINHO

barca have already signed 4 rubbish players already. trincao, pjanic, Fernandes, Pedri. looks like barca are going to continue to sign rubbish players.

Andresito

Staff member
barca have already signed 4 rubbish players already. trincao, pjanic, Fernandes, Pedri. looks like barca are going to continue to sign rubbish players.

tenor.gif

RIZALDINHO

You're clueless if you think Pedri and Trincao are rubbish.

no im not your clueless if you think barca did not sign them for financial reasons they will play a couple of cdl gamess and be sold to make a profit. how many of young players have been given a chance to play in the ist team in the last couple of years (except for fati) none. it will be the same.

Home of Barca Fans