Mateo Kovačić

F

Flavia

What's with us always getting the wrong Brazilians after Neymar...

What about that Rodrigo Caio guy Atletico are linked too?

I wouldn't get him for Barça now, as he just recovered from a serious injury... but he's like Masch, dm who plays cb. He's good.

khaled_a_d

What's with us always getting the wrong Brazilians after Neymar...

What about that Rodrigo Caio guy Atletico are linked too?

He was the guy we were going after when we found about that other gr8 teammate ,the one and only one lord Douglas
We tried to sign him last year iirc b4 he got injured,no idea how good he is though

He's better than the rumored Gerson, but he's 24. I'd rather get Kovacic.
He will be 25 next month,7 years older than Gerson. I think it is tough to compare with such age difference

Stric

Besides, Iniesta doesnt deserve to be benched by a mega expensive signing that will be required to play all the time.

This. And it isn't just a matter of him deserving or not deserving it. Why would we want to bench him to begin with? We need someone for rotation, and splashing huge amounts of money for big-name players doesn't fit our needs and will create further problems. Kovačić is perfect for us on both levels. Playing-wise he's the right guy for the LM spot, fits the role like a glove, and market-wise, he's talented and proven enough to be in the Barca squad, yet young/unproven enough not to warrant a starter spot right away. Ideally, by the time Iniesta is no longer a starter, Kovačić will have developed enough to take over that role.

Last edited:

Dado

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

Being from Croatia i must say i do NOT feel Mateo is Barcelona material.
He is too incosistent and hasn´t managed to secure a permanent position in the first 11 of a very weak Inter.
He was given a chance in the World cup by our coach and didn´t use it.

If he was to come to Barca it would be the bench for him, so no i dont belive this is good for Barca or him and his carrer as he would 95% end up on a bench.

I think Bundesliga would suit him better.

Co0ter

He is too incosistent and hasn´t managed to secure a permanent position in the first 11 of a very weak Inter.

If he was to come to Barca it would be the bench for him, so no i dont belive this is good for Barca or him and his carrer as he would 95% end up on a bench.

What player Kovacic's age, whom just turned 21 one month ago, is good and consistent enough to start in Barcelona's midfield then? We aren't buying a finished product, we are buying someone young who shows fantastic performances but can improve on things like consistency since they are really young. Natural talent and ability to integrate in our team and play style is important above all.

draconifire

Welcome :wave:
He wont be a starter from the start, we just won a treble with this midfield but he has potential of doing it and that too a good one.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
25m euro bid accepted - but I've not heard it from a super reliable source. But it's from more than one source.

EdmondDantes

That's my gripe with him, 3 years at Inter and he hasn't nailed a first team spot yet. He's a lot better than a lot players Liverpool have been buying though. So I feel Liverpool would be a great move for him to prove his worth.

Co0ter

I think it has a lot to do with Mancini because the players he starts over Kovacic aren't exactly of the greatest quality.

Frodo_FCB

11292804_10153456598237904_481462175_n.jpg

This photo is 15 years ago, in 2000. Olympiakos-Liverpool in Athens. Kovacic was 6yo then, when he entered in the stadium to ask for Gerrard jersey.
Now he is off to Liverpool, what a story!

Home of Barca Fans