Mateo Kovačić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho made the switch when liverpool were in a worse position then now and liverpool have even more money to spend so can pay better wages. It might happen, doubt it though.

I don't think Coutinho played that much for Inter or was as highly rated as Kovacic though.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
As long as he does not join a top team he remains a target for us in the next years. Would not be hard to convince a Liverpool player to join Barcelona. In contrast to buying him from clubs like United, City or Juventus e.g.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think Coutinho played that much for Inter or was as highly rated as Kovacic though.

Coutinho was highly rated, but had injury problems as well as not fitting in the Inter system at the time. He spent a lot of time on loan rather than playing, whereas Kovacic pretty much went straight to the first team.

BenRobbins

Maybe Kovacic see's coutinho doing really well at pool and developing and then moving to a better team eventually like suarez did, who then went on to win the treble. Who knows what happens in footballers heads? Anything is possible.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

Couple Inter fans I talked to at the time were glad that Coutinho was leaving, but I don't know if that was a popular opinion.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Coutinho was nowhere as talented as Kovacic. Coutinho barely even played while Kovacic has arrived to be a starter right away. Feelings about Coutinho leaving was mixed among the fans. Personally I didn't rate him that highly but I was not happy with the the way Inter treated him nor was satisfied with the amount Inter was selling him for. I hate it when the club keeps the deadwoods and oldies around while offloading the young players for peasants. This seems like a tradition at Inter (from Pirlo, Bonucci and Destro to Coutinho). The club excuse at the time was that they needed the money to make other moves. Although I understand that but 12m for Coutinho was really low IMO.

I don't think these two cases are comparable though. Kovacic is a much more interesting talent than Coutinho. Kovacic caught eyes right away with his technique and similarities to Iniesta while Coutinho was playing like a dumbass many times. That's why many didn't care when he left, even for that price.

Co0ter

All we need to do now is sign Kovacic as our CM signing so we have him as LM with Iniesta and make Samper and Rafinha the RM backups. Roberto as DM backup.

If any of them are really struggling by january, consider a second CM signing then.

Antimadridista1

Never understood the hype for this guy.
During World Cup he was shit and every game I watched this season of Inter Milano (at least 8/9 and even one in live in Marrakech against PSG) he was nothing special.
I don't think that he's good enough to claim a starter position in our team.
Verrati, Pogba, Thiago, anyday of the week.

Jombi

Never understood the hype for this guy.
During World Cup he was shit and every game I watched this season of Inter Milano (at least 8/9 and even one in live in Marrakech against PSG) he was nothing special.
I don't think that he's good enough to claim a starter position in our team.
Verrati, Pogba, Thiago, anyday of the week.

He started 1 game in the WC. Against Brazil having just turned 20 years old, and did good enough, but Croatia was unlucky. Hardly justified to say he was "shit in the WC".

Verratti, Pogba and Thiago are all unavailable. OK, Pogba might be available for 125m euros...

Its either Kovacic or Lucas Lima. Do you know of any other midfielders that are available and not CL tied who are better than those two?

Antimadridista1

He started 1 game in the WC. Against Brazil having just turned 20 years old, and did good enough, but Croatia was unlucky. Hardly justified to say he was "shit in the WC".

Verratti, Pogba and Thiago are all unavailable. OK, Pogba might be available for 125m euros...

Its either Kovacic or Lucas Lima. Do you know of any other midfielders that are available and not CL tied who are better than those two?

He didn't play only against Brazil. He also played against Cameroon (20min) and Mexico (30minutes). I don't care if he's only 20 years old. You give 10min to Verrati and he can outplay a midfield.
Pogba for 125m ? Where did you hear that ? I don't think that you know what you're talking about here. No one rated Paul at 125m euro.

Concerning Thiago, I don't think that he's unavailable. His contract ends in two years and I'm pretty sure that if we guarantee him a starter position in our team then he'll be glad to come back. His family (mother, sister, grand-mother and brother) live in Barcelona.

And to answer to your last question, Yes. If the club want Koke, they can pay his buy-out clause (58m euro). He's MUCH more better than Kovacic or this Lucas Lima lad.

Jombi

He didn't play only against Brazil. He also played against Cameroon (20min) and Mexico (30minutes). I don't care if he's only 20 years old. You give 10min to Verrati and he can outplay a midfield.
Pogba for 125m ? Where did you hear that ? I don't think that you know what you're talking about here. No one rated Paul at 125m euro.

Concerning Thiago, I don't think that he's unavailable. His contract ends in two years and I'm pretty sure that if we guarantee him a starter position in our team then he'll be glad to come back. His family (mother, sister, grand-mother and brother) live in Barcelona.

And to answer to your last question, Yes. If the club want Koke, they can pay his buy-out clause (58m euro). He's MUCH more better than Kovacic or this Lucas Lima lad.

Koke is CL tied so not really an option, and he has rejected us in the past as he want to stay at Atletico and has a buy-out clause of 60m+tax (so like 75m euros).

For next season, it has to be either Kovacic or Lucas Lima IMO.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Koke is CL tied so not really an option, and he has rejected us in the past as he want to stay at Atletico and has a buy-out clause of 60m+tax (so like 75m euros).

For next season, it has to be either Kovacic or Lucas Lima IMO.

Who's Lucas Lima? You're the only one who has mentioned him.

Home of Barca Fans