Mateo Kovačić

Antimadridista1

Koke is CL tied so not really an option, and he has rejected us in the past as he want to stay at Atletico and has a buy-out clause of 60m+tax (so like 75m euros).

For next season, it has to be either Kovacic or Lucas Lima IMO.

The hell are you saying again ? :lol:
He didn't reject anything, we just wanted to negotiate for a price lower than his buy-out clause, Cerezo refused and we had the opportunity to take Rakitic for 18m.
What is the problem if Atleti play CL ? :neutral:
He's a player for the future, not only for 4/5months. Xavi even said that his successor for la Roja is Koke. Strong statement.

Thank God you're not our sports director. Even Zubi is better than you, and it says a lot :p

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He didn't reject anything, we just wanted to negotiate for a price lower than his buy-out clause, Cerezo refused and we had the opportunity to take Rakitic for 18m.
He's a player for the future, not only for 4/5months. Xavi even said that his successor for la Roja is Koke. Strong statement.

Thank God you're not our sports director. Even Zubi is better than you, and it says a lot :p

No. He rejected our offer. He confirmed it himself to an interview with AS and Onda Cero. Said it was a very difficult decision for him, but that staying at Atletico was his goal.

Last edited:

Jombi

Koke is a Xavi successor? He is nothing like Xavi, besides, he plays on the left, not the right. And why do you think he is available anyway? We wont buy someone in January that cant play CL, and Atletico will reject any offers in the middle of the season anyway. Besides, his Diego Simeone style is not ideal for a team like Barca, unlike Kovacic and Lucas Lima IMO. They would fit us better and be cheaper and can play in all competitions.

Your cheap shot is uncalled for. Why are you so upset at other posters disagreeing with you? Just calm down.

Rakitic cost more like 25m btw. We paid 3m in incentives plus the wage of Denis Suarez while he is on loan.

Stric

We don't need a starter. At least not in the next few years. In fact, if we bought a starter-caliber MF, we'd have problems.

Antimadridista1

Koke is a Xavi successor? He is nothing like Xavi, besides, he plays on the left, not the right. And why do you think he is available anyway? We wont buy someone in January that cant play CL, and Atletico will reject any offers in the middle of the season anyway. Besides, his Diego Simeone style is not ideal for a team like Barca, unlike Kovacic and Lucas Lima IMO. They would fit us better and be cheaper and can play in all competitions.

Your cheap shot is uncalled for. Why are you so upset at other posters disagreeing with you? Just calm down.

Rakitic cost more like 25m btw. We paid 3m in incentives plus the wage of Denis Suarez while he is on loan.

Nothing like Xavi ? :neutral:
Alright, look at this (5:40) :

As I said before, if Koke comes, we'll have a player that won't need any adaptation to the league (in opposition to the one's you're talking about). He already has a lot of experience and he'll be our midfielder for the next 10 years, not only for the first months of 2016. I don't know how you can conclude that "they would fit us better"... You're wrong about that.

The official price of Rakitic is 18m + 3m incentives, so there's once again no 25m. I don't know where you get your numbers from ( I learnt from you that Pogba is worth 125m euro tonight).

Last edited:

Jombi

Koke isnt coming. He wont join us in the middle of the season. Besides, Iniesta doesnt deserve to be benched by a mega expensive signing that will be required to play all the time.

Hypothetically, I suspect Koke would have great difficulties adapting to our style. Diego Simeone's team is very different from our own style.

F

Flavia

Who's Lucas Lima? You're the only one who has mentioned him.

He's a pretty good player. But he plays for Santos, and I'm not sure they'd want to make business with Barça again.

Porto is rumored to be interested in Lucas. Another player they'll sell for big money.

DonAK

He's a pretty good player. But he plays for Santos, and I'm not sure they'd want to make business with Barça again.

Porto is rumored to be interested in Lucas. Another player they'll sell for big money.

Is he good enough for Barca though?

Considering Santos has reported us to FIFA then yeah... I don't think they're very keen in talking with us.

F

Flavia

Is he good enough for Barca though?

Considering Santos has reported us to FIFA then yeah... I don't think they're very keen in talking with us.

He's better than the rumored Gerson, but he's 24. I'd rather get Kovacic.

DonAK

He's better than the rumored Gerson, but he's 24. I'd rather get Kovacic.

What's with us always getting the wrong Brazilians after Neymar...

What about that Rodrigo Caio guy Atletico are linked too?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Koke is a wet dream, he even doesn't want to leave Atleti.... Kovacic is our best option right now after Pogba/Gündo.

Home of Barca Fans