Martin Odegaard

slicknick

This link seems to suggest that the first choice for him, as well as his dad was Barca initially...

Few things that seemed to have deterred him were;
- Though Barca did invite him over, they were quite uninterested in hosting him properly
- He couldn't even get to train with Barca's senior squad
- Barcelona B is undergoing a pretty tumultuous period under Eusebio,which might even see them get relegated to Segunda B (kind of understand that,especially after today's home defeat vs Osasuna)
- Money...As much as reports from the English press seem to suggest (without any proof or basis) that he'll make 80k GBP(yeah, right) per week, it is certain that Real did make a more lucrative offer
- Moreover, simultaneous with the misfortunes of Barca B,Real Madrid Castilla seem to be heading their group in the Segunda B,with one eye on pomotion to Liga Adelante

With all these things considered, not hard to understand how his opinion got swayed towards Madrid really
(as for the Messi-related tweets, pretty sure he was forced to do so by his new employers)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I've seen that Barca refused to give him special treatment. They treated him like he was another academy talent, whereas RM gave him the star treatment.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I've seen that Barca refused to give him special treatment. They treated him like he was another academy talent, whereas RM gave him the star treatment.

Wrong move if we wanted to sign him.

Right move if we didn't want to be stupid about it. Done nothing to warent being treated like a star as of yet.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Wrong move if we wanted to sign him.

Right move if we didn't want to be stupid about it. Done nothing to warent being treated like a star as of yet.
This is what I saw:

Barcelona flew Odegaard out on a normal flight while Madrid flew him on a private jet where he was greeted by the coach and star players. Barca told Odegaard that he, like any other player, would have to prove his spot and earn his wages. That he is a talented 16 year old, but that's it. Odegaard didn't like that. So he took Madrid's offer, despite his father's preference for La Masia and Barca.

I've also seen that we intended for him to join the Juvenil A whereas Real Madrid put him in Castilla.

So I can see why Odegaard might have felt offended and opted to play for Real Madrid, who, in his mind, offered better terms.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Yeah. Don't blame the guy for choosing Madrid but at the end of the day we treated him for what he is. A talented 16 year old.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

This is the first time in ages we(norwegians) have a talent with real potential, so im gonna take it personally everytime someone here insults him, just to let you know :)

Really.

What about Daehli?

skn02

This kid is surely talented but he will no way in hell be anywhere near Messi Level in his career, I repeat, NO WAY IN HELL...I can assure you that....it's just absurd to even compare the two, not even Messi at 15 years old worth the comparison. That's like utter insult to Messi greatness, the GOAT. From what I saw from this kid, he's surely talented, but I think the highest level he'll ever reach is maybe another Reus/Hazard...but seriously another Messi??? Give me an effing break, this is like utter insult to our GOAT.

He's already off to a bad start by signing with Real Madrid who's notoriously known for ruining great talents, not to mention he's probably been spoiled by being paid more than well established world class players without having to play a single minute in the major league. And to all the norway fans, sure I understand you are excited to finally have a great talent out of country, but please stop over-hyping the kid and let him develop and we shall see if he'll even reach Reus/Hazard level one day.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good, but not in the same league as Ødegaard, that much should be clear to everyone.

Right now. You don't know how Ødegaard will do and how Dæhli will develop over the years either. He was always a big talent, seen that myself when I played against Lyn with VIF.

Dæhli is at a decent team now after getting out of the hole Cardiff was. He'll hopefully get regular playing time.

Would be great if both can develop to be top players. Omar Elabdellaoui is also doing very well for Olympiacos apparently so we're getting a small group of players who are doing well overseas.

Henriksen was also doing decently before his injury from what I heard.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans