Martin Odegaard

oggydude

Our record for developing talent that is bought is not to bad, actually.

You develop some great players but especially with attacking players you do tend to lose patience with them & dump them for new popular players. The system works for you as a club but as a player you cannot ever get to comfortable with the club as Perez will replace you if he wants. Imagine if Robben was still at Madrid.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Still, i said bought talent, wasnt he 19 when he came here? He should count.

LoL. At 19 you are a done product as a player. Wants to count Ramos as a Real Madrid product. Now I heard it all.

Kohe321

Watching this now, and so far this is a good documentary about Martin made by Norwegian TV. English subtitles included. :)

Part 1:

Part 2:

Kohe321

Hardly any players are finishd products at the age of 19, i guess you really didnt know that.

Have to agree with Morten on this one.

By that logic we could just sell Munir right now and forget trying to develop him further if he's a "finished product" already.

Morten

Very well, what i actually said was that our record with bought talent wasnt to bad, i did NOT say he was a real madrid youth product.

Kohe321

Yes Ramos is Sevillas youth product, but undermining the fact that he developed further in Madrid from then to now would be really silly. To say that 19 year old players are "done products" is a laughable statement.

Guys, the painful realisation for Barca fans is that Madrid at the moment is a more desirable club to join for players in Martins agebracket. Barca B is fighting relegation with Eusebio, and meanwhile the Castilla has good chances of being promoted to the segunda divison. If Zidane keep getting his coaching skills honed, there is a real posibility that we could see more and more talented teens like Ødegaard choose Madrid instead of us from a sporting point of view alone, not counting the fact that they pay more.

Eusebios Barca B is a joke, I mean what kind of football are they even playing? That clearly defined line of playing philosophy from the youth teams to the top that used to be our pride and joy has started to become blurred. There is a lack of continuity and stability from top to bottom in Barca that has gone on for years now, and the club only has itself and its messed up powersystem to blame.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Very well, what i actually said was that our record with bought talent wasnt to bad, i did NOT say he was a real madrid youth product.

I see you edit fast. Never mind.

Technichally, every promising player from the age of 19 and up fits that category. If Robben counts, then C. Ronaldo does too.

Just for the record, you are of course not a finished product at 19. Perhaps at youth level, but then you still have a long way to go.

BBZ8800

especially when clubs like Barca who developed Messi or MU who developed Ronaldo as well as Bayern/Arsenal who also have developed excellent talents are after you.

Real Madrid is crap lately in developing youths.
So, Barca's fans who are fans of Barca since Pep or Messi era, may actually "buy" that hype how everything is black and white and how La Masia is golden, and how Real's youth academy is a pure crap and how they are ruining young players.

Before 2006 or 2007, before Messi and our golden generation, I would dare to say that Real had better academy than ours.
When I started to follow Barca, around 1998 or 1999, Real had better academy than Barca.
And it all changed around 2006-2007.

In those days 1998-2006, Real had these talents from their academy:
-- Fc Raul
-- Gk Casillas
-- Mf Guti
-- Dc Pavon

But they were also good with turning young players from other teams into a world class players in those days:
-- 1. they bought 21 years old Hierro, who played 440 matches for Real after that
-- he was a part of a team that won 3 Champions league titles with them (1998-2000-2002)
-- 2. young FC Morientes was bought aged 21, and he was a key player, also won 3 CLs with them
-- 3. they bought young Clarence Seedorf in 1996, aged 20, and they turned him into a world class player. He won 1998' and 2000' titles with them
-- 4. they bought 16-years old Eto'o also...

In those years, what Barca has produced?
1. Puyol
2. Xavi
3. Motta
4. Oleguer, Gabri

Later came Valdes, Messi, Iniesta and later Busi, Pique, Fabregas, Pedro

But about young players from other teams, we were a synonym for a mistake in those years.
If you were a 18-21 year old gem, and if you came to Barca, you would usually ruin your career.

Just some of our "mistakes" in those years:
-- RB, Nigerian 19 year old Okunowo
-- "Golden boy" Ivan De La Pena
-- Rw/Lw, the new Figo, 20 years old Portuguese Simao Sabrosa (15 M Euros)
-- 22 years old winger Zenden
-- 21 years old (22 M Euros) Mf Gerard Lopez from Valencia (La Masia kid before that)
-- 20 years old (22 M Euros) Fc Saviola, the new Maradona
-- 20 years old Mf Fabio Rochemback (12 M Euros)
-- 23 years old French Cb Christanval (10 M Euros)
-- 21 years old Brasilian winger Geovanni Deiberson, 18 Millions Euros. Played only one Season
-- 20 years old Portuguese winger Quaresma, another "the next Figo". 6 M Euros+Fabio Rochemback

People should note that 18 or 22 M Euros for a 20 year old player in 2000 or 2003 was something like 30-40 Millions today.
-- Gerard Lopez, Saviola, Deiberson, Simao Sabrosa were all expensive like Reus, Gotze and similar players today.
They were "the hottest" prospects in the world back then.

Ronaldinho's transfer was around 30-32 Millions, Etoo's around 24, and Deco's around 21.
Now, imagine how expensive were those players: Gerard Lopez 22M, Saviola 22M, Deovanni Deiberson 18M, Simao 15M, Fabio Rochemback 12M etc.

So, La Masia wasn't that "golden" at all in the past.
And we were a total crap with developing young players from other teams also.

And Real's academy wasn't poor at all, in those days.
In those years they had better academy and better dealing with young players (own and bought players) than Barca.

So, if Real was an absolute crap with youngsters in the last few years, it doesn't mean that it will stay like that forever.
They can easily turn into a team who is good with youngsters and we could also enter "a new dark era" like in those years.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ramos for sure developed further. So did Varane and he still is and could go one to become the best CB in the world. But they were bought for the 1st team.

Similarly I wouldn't count Neymar as someone Barcelona have developed, because while he was only 21 when we got him, he was still bought for the 1st team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes Ramos is Sevillas youth product, but undermining the fact that he developed further in Madrid from then to now would be really silly. To say that 19 year old players are "done products" is a laughable statement.

Guys, the painful realisation for Barca fans is that Madrid at the moment is a more desirable club to join for players in Martins agebracket. Barca B is fighting relegation with Eusebio, and meanwhile the Castilla has good chances of being promoted to the segunda divison. If Zidane keep getting his coaching skills honed, there is a real posibility that we could see more and more talented teens like Ødegaard choose Madrid instead of us from a sporting point of view alone, not counting the fact that they pay more.
Eusebios Barca B is a joke, I mean what kind of football are they even playing? That clearly defined line of playing philosophy from the youth teams to the top that used to be our pride and joy has started to become blurred. There is a lack of continuity and stability from top to bottom in Barca that has gone on for years now, and the club only has itself and its messed up powersystem to blame.

Not trying to be pedantic, but Odegaard's age bracket is not really Barca B, typically right? I'd think it would be the Juvenil level.

Our B team's performance this season shouldn't be the only thing used to judge the quality of our academy and youth system.

Neymessi

Odegard can become a flop or a star.Going to real academy will not have such a big effect if you ask me.

El Gato

Villarato!
Odegard can become a flop or a star.Going to real academy will not have such a big effect if you ask me.

Why the fuck is being anything less than a star considered a flop? So sick of stupid shitty internet segregation based on hype.

Morten

This is the first time in ages we(norwegians) have a talent with real potential, so im gonna take it personally everytime someone here insults him, just to let you know :)

Home of Barca Fans