Martin Montoya

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't follow your logic. Montoya's been around for 3 seasons as a 1st team player. If he was really good, he'd be a starter by now. Alves is not what he used to be, we all know it. But Montoya's not better. And Lucho rating a lesser player(douglas) over Martin is a clear indication that he doesn't try hard on trainings. It's one of the few positives douglas has, he is a really hard worker.

We all want canteranos to become wc players, but that happening is not the norm, but the exception.

I would have liked to see him atleast get a few games before making a judgement though. Anyway, he is not gonna get any so it's better for him to leave(I think he will force a move out eventually) and for us to hope the transfer ban is cut short because thinking forward, if Alves don't renew either, we'll get stuck with Douglas and Adriano.

Alarcón

Montoya isn't the next Zanetti, but he is clearly good enough to be in the squad. He is getting the treatment that should be reserved for Sergi Roberto and Pedro.Thus far he has played 1 more game than Vermaelen, who hasn't debuted. Suarez served an extensive ban and will pass him today. FFS the only reason Douglas hasn't is his mysterious injury.

^this post

Stric

Lucho, Tata and Tito. Maybe all 3 of them are to blame, huh? You liking a player won't make him good enough. Montoya is a player for a midtable team, not for Barça.

Lucho, Tata and Tito have all proved to be absolutely clueless and lacking intelligence/courage in more than one aspect of coaching. Presuming that they're overlooking worthy players in favor of big names is not a long shot. How about Pique? Mascherano as CB? Thiago benched for a Xavi on painkillers? Fabregas even? You yourself have claimed so many times that he was no good. How come two coaches kept playing him over and over then?

I'm not saying Montoya is the next Zanetti, but at times he's clearly better than the absolute shit we see Alves do for a great part of his time on the pitch. And somehow Alves is "good enough" to play for Barca?

F

Flavia

Lucho, Tata and Tito have all proved to be absolutely clueless and lacking intelligence/courage in more than one aspect of coaching. Presuming that they're overlooking worthy players in favor of big names is not a long shot. How about Pique? Mascherano as CB? Thiago benched for a Xavi on painkillers? Fabregas even? You yourself have claimed so many times that he was no good. How come two coaches kept playing him over and over then?

I'm not saying Montoya is the next Zanetti, but at times he's clearly better than the absolute shit we see Alves do for a great part of his time on the pitch. And somehow Alves is "good enough" to play for Barca?

You're just overlooking the repeated statements he doesn't train hard. Like he doesn't care. Whenever he gets a chance he also don't try that hard. After so long there's no one else to blame, but the player. And Alves, as bad as he is now, is still better than Montoya.

Stric

Maybe I just missed it, in that case it's my honest mistake, but I don't remember ever seeing a blatant statement by anyone from the club that Montoya doesn't try hard enough. On the contrary, didn't Lucho recently say he was impressed by Montoya? If those are just rumors about him not trying hard enough, it seems plausible that they were initiated by someone to justify and shift blame from our coaches for playing a horrendous Alves. Because no one in their right mind can understand that.

F

Flavia

No, Lucho said he respects him. But also hinted he's not training hard. Our problems are not personnel. Putting Montoya and Bartra won't solve anything. Messi, Suárez and Neymar can't score. This is on the system.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
While I don't know if the rumors are true, every single season managers promise him game time only to completely shun him later... I wouldn't be motivated if I was him...

F

Flavia

What answers?that is very vague post by you tbh
:lol:

Lucho's answers. They're everywhere after his press conferences. You can use google, twitter, sport-english, marca-english, as-english or try to find them here in the forum, in Lucho's thread, or in the press conferences thread.

Stric

Catalan media, more often than not. Lucho also hinted at it every time he was asked about Montoya. Just read his answers.

Those are not "statements", and they're definitely not enough to suggest that three seasons in a row Montoya hasn't been trying. They're hardly worth mentioning, let alone being enough to label a player with certainty and acting like it's a fact.

F

Flavia

Those are not "statements", and they're definitely not enough to suggest that three seasons in a row Montoya hasn't been trying. They're hardly worth mentioning, let alone being enough to label a player with certainty and acting like it's a fact.

It's too much to ignore. And these are statements, from people from the club. Why would they be lying about Montoya? Nothing to profit from it. Also Lucho's recent statements, that you're ignoring.

Cule4life

The Culest
It's too much to ignore. And these are statements, from people from the club. Why would they be lying about Montoya? Nothing to profit from it. Also Lucho's recent statements, that you're ignoring.

Because Lucho doesnt have the balls to bench the Tiki Taka dream team players

Home of Barca Fans