Martin Montoya

Kasperroed

Should go shoot himself

I think Lucho is crazy.

Montoya is 23 years old. Give the man a chance to prove himself. If he is able to establish himself on the team, he could become our first-choice on the right back for the next 7-9 years.

I just don't get it... :-(

RightGuy

No more waiting on the bench crap.Just request a transfer and go somewhere you can play regularly.Hate to see a talented lamasia product leaving,but he should go.

spark

Not good enough, which is not Lucho's fault. Good luck with his next team.

Montoya isn't the next Zanetti, but he is clearly good enough to be in the squad. He is getting the treatment that should be reserved for Sergi Roberto and Pedro.Thus far he has played 1 more game than Vermaelen, who hasn't debuted. Suarez served an extensive ban and will pass him today. FFS the only reason Douglas hasn't is his mysterious injury.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Not included in the squad
@Lucho
americanpsychochristianbale.jpg

F

Flavia

I think Lucho is crazy.

Montoya is 23 years old. Give the man a chance to prove himself. If he is able to establish himself on the team, he could become our first-choice on the right back for the next 7-9 years.

I just don't get it... :-(

He is not good enough. This is clear for a while now. People blaming Lucho are blaming the wrong person. Against espanyol he was pretty meh. Made mistakes and some stupid fouls near the box.

I don't know why Lucho apparently rates douglas higher, football wise he is not better than Montoya. But douglas was always a hard worker in sao paulo, so it could be it. For the past 3 seasons, the rumors are montoya doesn't try that hard in trainings. This is not new.

Kasperroed

He is not good enough. This is clear for a while now. People blaming Lucho are blaming the wrong person. Against espanyol he was pretty meh. Made mistakes and some stupid fouls near the box.

I don't know why Lucho apparently rates douglas higher, football wise he is not better than Montoya. But douglas was always a hard worker in sao paulo, so it could be it. For the past 3 seasons, the rumors are montoya doesn't try that hard in trainings. This is not new.

How did Adriano play on the right back in that match? Maybe he could be the solution... :)

Stric

Montoya makes mistakes and stupid fouls, that much is clear, but if we were to measure whether a player is "good enough" by the number of mistakes and stupid fouls he makes, some of our starters would be long gone. Namely the one who's playing instead of Montoya. The difference between Alves and Montoya (and Bartra vs. Pique) is nowhere near as large as people make it out to be. Lucho is an idiot, which he has proved on several occasions so far, and that's the reason why some players aren't playing. Claiming someone is not "good enough" is just an easy way to shift blame from Lucho elsewhere.

F

Flavia

Montoya makes mistakes and stupid fouls, that much is clear, but if we were to measure whether a player is "good enough" by the number of mistakes and stupid fouls he makes, some of our starters would be long gone. Namely the one who's playing instead of Montoya. The difference between Alves and Montoya (and Bartra vs. Pique) is nowhere near as large as people make it out to be. Lucho is an idiot, which he has proved on several occasions so far, and that's the reason why some players aren't playing. Claiming someone is not "good enough" is just an easy way to shift blame from Lucho elsewhere.

Lucho, Tata and Tito. Maybe all 3 of them are to blame, huh? You liking a player won't make him good enough. Montoya is a player for a midtable team, not for Barça.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho, Tata and Tito. Maybe all 3 of them are to blame, huh? You liking a player won't make him good enough. Montoya is a player for a midtable team, not for Barça.

If that's how we should judge a player then I think it's fair to say Pique is our best CB as well.

F

Flavia

If that's how we should judge a player then I think it's fair to say Pique is our best CB as well.

I don't follow your logic. Montoya's been around for 3 seasons as a 1st team player. If he was really good, he'd be a starter by now. Alves is not what he used to be, we all know it. But Montoya's not better. And Lucho rating a lesser player(douglas) over Martin is a clear indication that he doesn't try hard on trainings. It's one of the few positives douglas has, he is a really hard worker.

We all want canteranos to become wc players, but that happening is not the norm, but the exception.

Home of Barca Fans