Mario Gomez

beef-supreme

And in how many matches Eto played bad? Can you judge a player based on one performance?

No of course not, but then he's pretty much flopped in every big game - Euro 2008 and Barcelona inclusive. Although fair play to him that he scored 3 Champions League goals, I don't think that he's that great. People often write Ribery off and say that he's only played well in the Bundesliga because, well, he plays for Bayern and it's the Bundesliga. So he's playing in a league which is at a much lower level than those that the top clubs play in (funny I should say that knowing that there was an all-German UEFA Cup semi-final, but I think that's a one-off). However, Ribery has shown playing in the CL that he is capable of that much more - whereas Gomez hasn't done that. He's been wholly unconvincing when he's been faced with real pressure, real pre-match hype. When the media were focusing in him to be a key in his side's performances, he disappeared.

But he's still young, and he has plenty of room for maturity and improvement. In my opinion though he has not carried his team on the big scene, he has not shown any outstanding class - he's simply been a consistent performer in the German league, that's all.

beef-supreme

Gomez is not Barca style guys.. we'll better go for Kanoute.... Gomez can score in Germany but what he did in Euro 2008 ?? NOTHING.

I agree about the style, but I'm 100% sure we couldn't get Kanoute because he just extended his contract with Sevilla last month or so.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
tbh Lowe did give him several chances , he fucked up everyone one of them on the big stage..and Stuttgart are not a nobody meta

in terms of the CL they are.

before 07/08 their last appearance was 03/04 which was gomez's debut season where he played all of 1 game in europe.

TiTi

I agree about the style, but I'm 100% sure we couldn't get Kanoute because he just extended his contract with Sevilla last month or so.

No I just said that because I wanted to compare Kanoute with Gomez and I think Kanoute is much much better.

Teifn

Gomez scored 4 goals against Wolfsburg yesterday and showed his skills with three wonderful goals.

alexjanosik

The Game
We need a player like Gomez.
Against Chelsea we desperately needed a targetman upfront.I am pretty sure that had we had a player like Gomez against Chelsea we would have won the tie convincingly.

X.A.U

The Special One
Not a fan, I don't care how many goals he is scoring in Budesliga, am I the only one who watched Euro 08 in this forum? I witnessed the worse miss of Euro 08 and possibly 2008! Euro's biggest flop has no place in Barca!

[youtube]y-J1FevNbL8[/youtube]

[youtube]LsqZAsLxwVQ[/youtube]

nebeer

Love is All
I think we may buy either Gomez or Dzenko or someone like them. A tall target man would be a very good back up to have.

X.A.U

The Special One
And you rate him upon that? Ha ha. Nice.

I rate him on big games and big tourny, not when he score against teams like Arminia Bielefeld or Cottbus!! Yes if he flopped in Euro 08, it's an indication he may as well flop in CL.

Zqa-

Maybe you should try and watch him, and then rate him, not only upon 3 matches and the Euros. Benzema are pretty crap as well, if you do that.

Home of Barca Fans