Mario Gomez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2 very nice headers but his left footed goal (his weaker foot) after a nice dummy was the best imo.

Here they are:

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
all of them were "easy" goals.. 1 on 1 left in all3 occassions.. Well done though, no matter what, it is still a hattrick :)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He has scored 2 hat tricks this season... seems like he is finally living up to his transfer fees and couldn't have possibly struck the form at a better time for Munich

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Sorry but...I love this guy. He is one of the best strikers in the world right now. He has an awesome knack for being in the right spot. 39 goals is no joke...if it wasnt for Messi and Ronaldo we would have heard a lot more about this guy.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
People started saying he was crap cause he had a bad EURO2008. I thought he'd eventually come good, he just needed to be at a higher pressure club for a time to get used to it, now look at him. He should play in one of the top leagues after the coming season.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Sorry but...I love this guy. He is one of the best strikers in the world right now. He has an awesome knack for being in the right spot. 39 goals is no joke...if it wasnt for Messi and Ronaldo we would have heard a lot more about this guy.

Impressive, i had no idea he scored that many

mejji^

People started saying he was crap cause he had a bad EURO2008. I thought he'd eventually come good, he just needed to be at a higher pressure club for a time to get used to it, now look at him. He should play in one of the top leagues after the coming season.

you realize that the bundesliga is already one of the top leagues and getting better every year?

theres no reason why a player should leave that league if they dont have offers from barca/real/manu/chelsea

full stadiums, good fan culture, good payment(you actually get payed not like in italy)

in a few years the bundesliga will probably surpass la liga

dont get me wrong i know my heart club barcelona plays there

but compared to the bundesliga, la liga is a bunch of shit, same goes for serie a

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Gomez is good at his strength. He is a very physically powerful player still with a lot of pace. With space in front of him and running on the ball or with the ball towards one or even two defenders, he is almost impossible to stop. And when he gets past them, he has very good nerves and a strong shot to finish it too. He is also tall and while not having excellent heading skills hes still strong at scoring with his head too.

On the other side his ball control and first touch is awful. He is also hardly agile and both combined makes him an almost useless attacker in and around crowded boxes. You neither cant play the ball at him as he can hardly handle it or (if he actually does so) cant get in scoring position or play a trough pass or anything, just b/c he lacks the ability to bring himself away from defenders into a good spot fast. Nor is he really mobile enough to be good at running into a tunnel for a through pass.

So he is really dependant on the right team. That exactly was the reason van Gaal never counted on him, b/c his strength werent used in his system, where the ball was controlled deep in the opposing half with the opposition mostly defending deep. He rather needs a direct approach with the own team being deep and countering fast. This way he has the space and exposed defense against him. Thats when he shines.

Last edited:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I think Gomez is a very good player.. I wonder what he would be like in the PL...... Who was the better player in the German League... Dzeko or Gomez?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans