Mario Gomez

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so who's better, gomez or dzenko?

i think he is very local lad.. can score a bundle in the German league.. goes missing in Europe & with his national team

21 european appearances, 13 goals.

that's pretty f'n good considering stuttgart aren't exactly european heavyweights.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Gomez is better imo. This is Dzeko`s first great season and Gomez is playing great for a while.
I think Gomez would fit perfectly in attacking system. With him, Eto and Bojan we would be covered well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

that's pretty f'n good considering stuttgart aren't exactly european heavyweights.

I think Gio was referring to his miserable Euro2008 appearance.
If you ask me, I still think Dzeko is a more complete footballer.

beef-supreme

He sucked cock when playing against us though. Probably worse than Benzema, and he stooped pretty low.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And in how many matches Eto played bad? Can you judge a player based on one performance?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He sucked cock when playing against us though. Probably worse than Benzema, and he stooped pretty low.

well yeah but he only played one game against us. benzema's faced us thrice and sucked every single time.

and again, he was playing for stuttgart.

I think Gio was referring to his miserable Euro2008 appearance.
If you ask me, I still think Dzeko is a more complete footballer.

the key issue for me is who is faster across the ground? I've not watched dzenko, but for me gomez's only weakness, like trezeguet, is lack of sheer pace.

another plus for gomez is that he's been performing for a while and, of course, he'll be able to communicate faster as he can speak spanish.

[youtube]FMmPYKTBVjQ[/youtube]
[youtube]gbR3b8tOXGw[/youtube]
[youtube]XjWgHgVcEjI[/youtube]
[youtube]_1B3uMuZczM[/youtube]

so that's two headers (one a beauty) a left-foot rocket and a right-foot placed job after a great run. paints a very good picture of super mario.

TiTi

Gomez is not Barca style guys.. we'll better go for Kanoute.... Gomez can score in Germany but what he did in Euro 2008 ?? NOTHING.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Meta: Dzeko is quite fast and can dribble well, so he is able to create a chance for himself.
Titi: Again with the Euro.... Oh well. Ribery was also shite at Euro so why are we interested?

Beast

The Observer
Dzeko and Gomez are tall CF-s and they depend on the teams performance.

which gives a wrong indication of how good they are
i haven't see lots of Dzeko so i can't judge him .. i've seen plenty of Gomez & Benzema and they deceive a lot of people.. both players can't take their performance to the next level (Europe big games or National team )

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Gomez is not Barca style guys.. we'll better go for Kanoute.... Gomez can score in Germany but what he did in Euro 2008 ?? NOTHING.

how often did his two polish strike-partners pass to him?

not very often is the answer.

he was an unwanted presence in that polish love-in up-front, that's why he got dropped.

Meta: Dzeko is quite fast and can dribble well, so he is able to create a chance for himself.

see, that gives him a big bonus IMO. gomez has skill but is much more of a target man. some of his hold-up play and link play is brilliant, though. I dunno.

I suppose the crucial issue is who is better in the air at attacking crosses. for me, gomez looks amazing in the air. but again, I haven't seen dzenko.

Beast

The Observer
Titi: Again with the Euro.... Oh well. Ribery was also shite at Euro so why are we interested?

yep only in Euro.. not the WC, not with Bayern domestically and in Europe , not against Barca .. it's one bad Tourny .. can't say the same about Gomez or Benzema in comparison

TiTi

Bojan, he can perform well on Germany but he will never play well for us... he's like Luca Toni or even worse...just my opinion.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
i haven't see lots of Dzeko so i can't judge him .. i've seen plenty of Gomez & Benzema and they deceive a lot of people.. both players can't take their performance to the next level (Europe big games or National team )

not the same tho is it, beast?

lyon are a legit QF-level team with a world-class maestro in the middle.

stuttgart are relative nobodies.

and again, in the national team, the two poles up-front like to work together and gomez doesn't seem to fit in. although it is worrying. I dunno.

Beast

The Observer
tbh Lowe did give him several chances , he fucked up everyone one of them on the big stage..and Stuttgart are not a nobody meta

Home of Barca Fans