Marco Verratti

xavi_the_Boss

Its pretty clear isnt it? None of those are at the level of Barcelona trying to sign a starter from a filthy rich club like PSG that dont want to sell. Kroos? Tell me when Verratti has a year left on his contract and want higher wages and will leave on a free transfer in 10 months. Robben from Real and Cesc from Barca? Really?

No, lets drop this nonsense and start focusing on realistic transfers and value in the market. Not pipe dreams like Thiago Silva or Verratti thinking this is necessary.

Ronaldo pretty much is.

BarçaBarça

GL attracting big players if you're gonna keep players against their will.

But then again, players move to Tottenham. Who won't sell until they get maximum-price, which could take a year or two, where they keep their players "against their will".
Maybe PSG will end up selling (I don't believe it). But to think that it will happen the very first year that we see tiny bit of pressure from a player is too dreamy for me.

Lutece FC

Yes, Nasser will look desperate to keep a player that publicly said he wants to leave. Those Qataris have no pride at all! If tomorrow I read in the news that Neymar doesn't want to continue playing at Barcelona and wants to leave to PSG, I will be the first one to say goodbye to him.

This is the difference in mindset between Barcelona fans and mercenaries.

You know, it's not good to lie.

I smell rage here. I'm not Nasser, so rage on him not on me.

George_Costanza

Its pretty clear isnt it? None of those are at the level of Barcelona trying to sign a starter from a filthy rich club like PSG that dont want to sell. Kroos? Tell me when Verratti has a year left on his contract and want higher wages and will leave on a free transfer in 10 months. Robben from Real and Cesc from Barca? Come on. Verratti has a 25m euro release clause like Thiago? Really?

No, lets drop this nonsense and start focusing on realistic transfers and value in the market. Not pipe dreams like Thiago Silva or Verratti, thinking this is necessary. It looks desperate.

First, you said other rich clubs, all the clubs I mentioned are considered rich to filthy rich clubs, so next time be specfic and don't generlize. Second, every transfer has its own circumstances like you mentioned Kroos, then for Verratti the situation is the player himself wants to leave, dosn't matter if he has a year or 5 years contract, like you said, money is not an issue for a filthy rich club like PSG. Silva never said he wanted to leave PSG, Barca just chased a guy who is happy at PSG just like PSG is flirting and chasing Neymar who is happy at Barcelona. If Verratti isn't happy, he can leave. Slavery ended in Europe long time ago.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Already seems kinda dead to me. Think Dembele will be our big signing this summer while they half-ass it with the midfield again. They probably think Dembele alone will be enough to satisfy most fans, and sadly they are right.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Already seems kinda dead to me. Think Dembele will be our big signing this summer while they half-ass it with the midfield again. They probably think Dembele alone will be enough to satisfy most fans, and sadly they are right.

I wonder what we'll have to do to sign a good-great midfielder.

Some people are suggesting trading Neymar or offering him, but with this board and management you might instead get Thiago Motta and Di Maria for Neymar rather than Verratti and some cash. They seem to be that bad.

Jombi

If Dembele signs, Messi must play in the middle. And that means 3 people behind him. Messi wont track back. Two men in midfield isnt enough.

I have no idea how that can work unless we are moving to some sort of permanent 3-4-3. Signing Fabinho as a RCB in a 3 man defense together with Umtiti as LCB might work very well. Roberto as the workhorse joining Busi in the middle and then one spot is open, probably Raki or a new midfielder if we have that money (dont think we have).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't be confident at signing him either.

This got a lot of potential. A lot of potential to end up like a trainwreck :lol:

gasgas

If Dembele signs, Messi must play in the middle. And that means 3 people behind him. Messi wont track back. Two men in midfield isnt enough.

I have no idea how that can work unless we are moving to some sort of permanent 3-4-3. Signing Fabinho as a RCB in a 3 man defense together with Umtiti as LCB might work very well. Roberto as the workhorse joining Busi in the middle and then one spot is open, probably Raki or a new midfielder if we have that money (dont think we have).

3-4-3 without wingbacks is self-mutilation.
Opponent wingers will have a field day

Jombi

3-4-3 without wingbacks is self-mutilation.
Opponent wingers will have a field day

Its the only way I can see Messi in the middle working. We didnt play 3-4-3 with wingbacks. Messi with just two midfielders behind him is delusional IMO.

Arkk

agree with this but if we can pull off Dembele, a RB and a midfielder it would still be a great summer.

even if Verratti is hell-bent on leaving PSG, im seeing rumours we are only prepared to bid 60-70m which is not only hilarious looking at todays market, its fucking embarrassing. even if Verratti played for a feeder club they would laugh at that offer. i would like to think its just our board bluffing about our budget but with these dickheads im not surprised by anything anymore.

now watch Madrid phase Modric out and bring in Verratti next summer :lol:

GetIn

If Verratti truly is available, PSG are willing to sell and we don't get him because he's to expensive I will never forgive this board. They have no problem signing duds like Paco, Arda and Gomes for 120m combined but when it comes to buying an actual world class player they suddenly become frugal. I don't care how much he costs, dip into next year's transfer budget, even the year after that if it's necessary, but just get it done. Besides, I doubt he costs over 120m anyways.

Home of Barca Fans