Marco Verratti

behindbrowneyes

I doubt Valverde will try to sign players of Bilbao. He won't do that out of respect and knowing that it is very difficult for a team with that transfer policy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
soccer-euro-2016-portugal_071b9950-5007-11e6-85e3-522dd231fa74.jpg

BarçaBarça

it seems cules are feeling inferior lately. we are BARCA, we have the freaking greatest of all time in Messi, why should we settle for average players? Seri, Deulofeu, Bellerin.. sign them we are moving backwards. if we want to dominate we need to spend what other clubs are spending. we need to be ruthless and get rid of trash like Gomes, D. Suarez, Mathieu etc and admit mistakes were made. everyone keeps going on about Madrid this Madrid that, i hate the cunts but they sure know how to do business.

PSG aren't some special club either. they are a Qatari oil sheikhs plaything right now, same as City; who at least have a decent league to play in.

I agree with you. But still this board of ours is the reason more and more cules are pesimistic about transfers. I mean just look at what we signed since this board took over?

Actually, there is this hilarious story of a transfersummer, where Barca were not feeling inferior but claimed their RIGHT to a certain Thiago Silva, and WOULD NOT settle for the second best. :song: says hi! We ended up with the weakest option at all in the market because of it!

Business means actually signing good young players - not spending for the sake for spending. Isco/Vallejo/Asensio is the ones to copy from RM's transferpolicy - not Vinicius Jr. for 45 M or Danilo for 35 M.

This is the most precise assessment of the situation right now:
This whole saga is just so risky I don't even know where to begin. All it takes is a 1 mood swing from Verratti and this transfer goes to ashes. PSG could very likely convince him to stay and we will look absolutely ridiculous.

George_Costanza

Yeah, its the Thiago Silva story all over again IMO. PSG is rich. They dislike Barca.

Top clubs dont simply sign starters from other rich clubs. Just look at the starting eleven of the top clubs. Where did the players in that starting eleven come from? Where did Varane come from? Marcelo? Ramos? Modric? De Bruyne? Lewandowski? Hazard?

They are not average players just because they came from smaller clubs.

Thiago Alcantra came from Barcelona, Robben from Real, Ronaldo from Manchester United, Modric and Bale from Tottenham, Kroos from Bayern, Suarez from Liverpool, Vidal from Juventus, Pogba from Juve, Cesc from Barca. I can go on and on but what's your point?

George_Costanza

Explain that to Nasser. Good luck.
Paris don't sell their best players. No one player forced Nasser. It's simple to understand.

Yes, Nasser will look desperate to keep a player that publicly said he wants to leave. Those Qataris have no pride at all! If tomorrow I read in the news that Neymar doesn't want to continue playing at Barcelona and wants to leave to PSG, I will be the first one to say goodbye to him.

This is the difference in mindset between Barcelona fans and mercenaries.

Jombi

Thiago Alcantra came from Barcelona, Robben from Real, Ronaldo from Manchester United, Modric and Bale from Tottenham, Kroos from Bayern, Suarez from Liverpool, Vidal from Juventus, Pogba from Juve, Cesc from Barca. I can go on and on but what's your point?

Its pretty clear isnt it? None of those are at the level of Barcelona trying to sign a starter from a filthy rich club like PSG that dont want to sell. Kroos? Tell me when Verratti has a year left on his contract and want higher wages and will leave on a free transfer in 10 months. Robben from Real and Cesc from Barca? Come on. Verratti has a 25m euro release clause like Thiago? Really?

No, lets drop this nonsense and start focusing on realistic transfers and value in the market. Not pipe dreams like Thiago Silva or Verratti, thinking this is necessary. It looks desperate.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans