Marco Verratti

JamDav1982

I actually thought he looked pretty good in the first 30 minutes or so, his invention of passing lanes between our lines was mesmerizing. I don't think any player out there looks more like a Barca-like player. Brilliant player, and a brilliant turnaround tonight for our chances of actually getting him in the summer.

Thought he looked utter shit the whole game but was great in first leg.

Yannik

Thought he looked utter shit the whole game but was great in first leg.

Same here, in a game like this Verratti should be expected to be the main man to calm things down, ensure that PSG has at least a string of passes connected and get some pace out of the game to discourage Barca. But he seemed very uncomposed, fouled a lot, couldn't really stand the pressing put upon him and never even had a grasp of control over the midfield. He could've been crucial to shut down the hot air in the match by just keeping possession and bore everyone out of the game, but just didn't.

CatalinR10

as amazing as he was in first leg , as shitier he was in the 2'nd one .

Perfect barca midfielder regardless of the performance today but he probably won't/can't leave even if he wants to .

gasgas

Same here, in a game like this Verratti should be expected to be the main man to calm things down, ensure that PSG has at least a string of passes connected and get some pace out of the game to discourage Barca. But he seemed very uncomposed, fouled a lot, couldn't really stand the pressing put upon him and never even had a grasp of control over the midfield. He could've been crucial to shut down the hot air in the match by just keeping possession and bore everyone out of the game, but just didn't.
Still managed to put Cavani and Di Maria through on goal

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He still had 8 tackles today and generally put in a shift. There's no way Barca were gonna dominate this match and Verratti could do well at the same time. We outnumbered them and were able to win most contested balls in the midfield. I do wonder if he'll ever come here. How much resistance can PSG even put up if Verratti decides he wants to move on?

Yannik

He still had 8 tackles today

5 actually. He won just 36% of his tackles in total. Even lost one with Ter Stegen.
But yeah, generally he'd fit Barca. Pretty sure it won't happen however. Psg doesn't seem keen to sell, Verratti doesn't seem keen to move

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Whoscored has it at 8 tackles out of 11. I'm not entirely sure which statistics source I'd trust the most as Whoscored does have a history of inaccuracy.

Contract lasts until 2021. Not happening any time soon unless PSG's owners abandon them or something. :(

Marquinhos tried to force a move and failed, didn't he?

Last edited:

Sorin

Nice hindsight man. You sure showed us. Why didn't you post this after Cavani scored or missed those chances?

Please, we were good however PSG simply imploded. Overall do you really think we are that much better than them? At least this last year and a half? With another manager and some wc mid acquisitions anytime but not right now.

Home of Barca Fans