Marco Verratti

Neymessi

Lets just hope PSG gets knocked out soon from CL and he realises if he wants silverware apart from that worthless ligue 1 trophy, he better move here.

FC B

Lets just hope PSG gets knocked out soon from CL and he realises if he wants silverware apart from that worthless ligue 1 trophy, he better move here.

The best way to do this is by knocking out PSG ourselves even if it seems nearly impossible..

Messi983

Why would he prefer a move to the team that was just crushed by his PSG instead of a team like RM that will most likely again win CL this season and where he'll have better chances to win it again than he'd here in next few years?

PSG won't sell him and if they will, he won't come here. From the way things looks now there are at least 4-5 teams where he'd have better chances to win CL in near future, including PSG.

MIXA

Why would he prefer a move to the team that was just crushed by his PSG instead of a team like RM that will most likely again win CL this season and where he'll have better chances to win it again than he'd here in next few years?

PSG won't sell him and if they will, he won't come here.

Why would any midfielder want to join Real Madrid? The only thing they would do is warm the bench.

Barcelona is currently a very attractive option for midfielders who want to earn playing time at a big club.

Real Madrid is an easy choice for midfielders who are only interested in sitting on the bench and discussing their holiday plans with James.

Morten

Why would any midfielder want to join Real Madrid? The only thing they would do is warm the bench.

Barcelona is currently a very attractive option for midfielders who want to earn playing time at a big club.

Real Madrid is an easy choice for midfielders who are only interested in sitting on the bench and discussing their holiday plans with James.

Uhm....Verratti will not be warming the bench if he comes to Madrid, you know that, right?

MIXA

Uhm....Verratti will not be warming the bench if he comes to Madrid, you know that, right?

Actually, he will warm the bench. Who exactly will Verratti replace in the RM midfield? Modric or Kroos? They have both been performing really well so I can't see either of them being dropped.

Why would you remove Casemiro from the DM role too. He is doing a good job there. I suppose a Modric, Kroos, Verratti midfield is a possibility but a Modric, Casemiro, Kross midfield is defensively better.

I simply can't see how Verratti can fit into Madrid's starting 11 without having to replace another player who is already performing well. Why try to fix something that is not broken in the first place.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Verratti would easily replace Kroos. He's an upgrade and younger so it doesn't matter if Kroos is doing well for them.

Messi983

Do you really think Verratti doesn't think he's good enough to play regularly at RM or any team in the world he'd choose to join? All top players believe in their abilities to get playing time even if they have other good players already at their position. Some players, especially proven or world class can also take that as a challenge and don't always want to join what most people think would be "ideal situation" for them (in Verratti's case Barça because we need a midfielder) or where they'd have a guaranteed spot in first XI, because these players themselves believe they can have that in any team no matter what public opinion about that is.

Younger and unproven players are the ones who are more looking into things like guaranteed playing time when choosing their clubs. That's the main reason why we've missed out on players like Dembele, Gabriel Jesus or Vietto last season because they knew they wouldn't get much minutes with MSN ahead of them.

That wasn't even my point though. I was just saying that if Verratti's goal is to win CL it's much more likely he'd get that chance in let's say next 3-4 years going to a club like RM, Bayern, Juve or even staying with PSG (which is what will happen) than to join us. I'm optimistic by nature but also realistic. How many Barça fans here really believe we have better chances to win CL next season (I won't even talk about this season) than clubs mentioned before? Of course a lot can change in summer if we get a good coach and new players and it's also true that CL is not always won by favourite or the best team so it could happen that we'll win our next CL before RM, Bayern, PSG or whichever team Verratti will join if he ever leaves PSG. But right now if I'd be in Verratti's position and could join any top team in the world that could afford to buy me, Barça would be only my 4th or 5th choice if my goal would be to win CL as soon as possible. I know that winning CL is not the only and most of times not even the most important reason why players choose club A over clubs B, C or D. I was just replying on "if he wants silverware apart from that worthless ligue 1 trophy, he better move here" part of [MENTION=16494]Neymessi[/MENTION]'s post. My guess is he was talking about CL and based on what happened last week in Paris I don't believe Verratti really needs to move here if he wants to win CL. Of course I'd love to see him in Barça as much as any other fan here and probably fans of other teams around the world but I just don't believe that will ever happen.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Real.......

For one, of late they have been concentrating a lot on the mid field (May be they learned a lesson or 2 by looking at Xaviesta. Our board on the other head went mental and I think they seem to take it for granted or some shit like that)

Secondly, Real have a young & world class team. However, there's just Modric who's equal to above the level of Verratti. So getting benched will be the last of his worries, if there are any at all!

And finally, the stupid board burnt all the bridges with Paris by giving to their fetish for over-priced Brazilians. I mean, despite their level, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos were both way too expensive for our needs/budget. So yeah the stupid board were just being stupid by making silly bids for them and annoying the Qatari! May be they thought they were dealing with the president of some Spanish minnows or something!

Lutece FC

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Real.......

I fear but ... yes. And if it's the case, i'm not optimistic for Barca. Verratti changes a team.

The relationship between Perez and Nasser is good. Rosell was disrespectful with Nasser. Sad because previously it was always ok, i remember Paris prefered to sell Ronaldinho to Barca even if United proposed more money.

Morten

Actually, he will warm the bench. Who exactly will Verratti replace in the RM midfield? Modric or Kroos? They have both been performing really well so I can't see either of them being dropped.

Why would you remove Casemiro from the DM role too. He is doing a good job there. I suppose a Modric, Kroos, Verratti midfield is a possibility but a Modric, Casemiro, Kross midfield is defensively better.

I simply can't see how Verratti can fit into Madrid's starting 11 without having to replace another player who is already performing well. Why try to fix something that is not broken in the first place.

Lol no, he wont warm the bench. Verratti would replace Kroos, most likely. Casemiro is the weakest link in our midfield overall, but he plays a very different role, so he would likely keep his spot.
Modric is somewhat injury prone and he isnt getting any younger either, so he could very well be his replacement in a couple of seasons too.
Other than that, take a look at the bigger picture. While a trio of Verratti, Kroos and Modric could be unbalanced against certain teams, it would probably work well in many matches, especially at home.
We also play many matches each season.

Neymessi

That wasn't even my point though. I was just saying that if Verratti's goal is to win CL it's much more likely he'd get that chance in let's say next 3-4 years going to a club like RM, Bayern, Juve or even staying with PSG (which is what will happen) than to join us. I'm optimistic by nature but also realistic. How many Barça fans here really believe we have better chances to win CL next season (I won't even talk about this season) than clubs mentioned before? Of course a lot can change in summer if we get a good coach and new players and it's also true that CL is not always won by favourite or the best team so it could happen that we'll win our next CL before RM, Bayern, PSG or whichever team Verratti will join if he ever leaves PSG. But right now if I'd be in Verratti's position and could join any top team in the world that could afford to buy me, Barça would be only my 4th or 5th choice if my goal would be to win CL as soon as possible. I know that winning CL is not the only and most of times not even the most important reason why players choose club A over clubs B, C or D. I was just replying on "if he wants silverware apart from that worthless ligue 1 trophy, he better move here" part of [MENTION=16494]Neymessi[/MENTION]'s post. My guess is he was talking about CL and based on what happened last week in Paris I don't believe Verratti really needs to move here if he wants to win CL. Of course I'd love to see him in Barça as much as any other fan here and probably fans of other teams around the world but I just don't believe that will ever happen.

Why would you think we will not be favorites for the next cl? This season has been bad but changes will be made and hopefully we will be back. Every year when the season starts we are always on the top on betting sites to win the CL. At most second if not first. Far ahead of PSG anyway in chances of winning CL.

Defeats happen. Just because we recently got thrashed doesn't mean he definitely has a better future at PSG. We have faced PSG lots of times and owned them completely most of the times.

If he ever leaves, bayern will be out of the picture considering they never sign stars for mammoth amount of money and only RM or barca will be the options I guess. After that I guess RM won't be desperate to go for him with the fine midfield they already even though they may go after him coz of their habit and to fill their ego about snatching a player from barca but really don't think this reason is good enough for them to pay 120m.

Its far fetched for him to leave PSG, but if he does I think we would be favorites on his list although RM won't be much behind.

Home of Barca Fans