Marco Verratti

F

FlaFCB

They are loan, gaining more playing time than they would have at this club. That is a development in their careers. Signing Verratti is a knee-jerk reaction to our awful form. The players we have are very good players, they just arent showing it right now. That is the problem.

A player like Verratti should had been signed long ago. Or Thiago shouldn't had been sold. Samper is not getting minutes or being developed properly either. he could be being groomed if he stayed, and if we had a proper coach.
Instead, there's 2 players of Samper level here, Denis and Gomes, who costed a lot and are 2 mismatches.

Sorin

He's better off staying at PSG at this rate. They are better than us atm and if we don't get our shit together it we'll stay like that for the foreseeable future.

We have become a downgrade ffs. :(

opjeoff

A player like Verratti should had been signed long ago. Or Thiago shouldn't had been sold. Samper is not getting minutes or being developed properly either. he could be being groomed if he stayed, and if we had a proper coach.
Instead, there's 2 players of Samper level here, Denis and Gomes, who costed a lot and are 2 mismatches.

I agree, Thiago shouldnt have been sold. And its your own opinion if you think Samper is as good as Gomes and Denis. But my point is that you cant complain that Samper doesnt get any minutes or being developed properly when you want us to sign a player who is directly going to affect those two things.

F

FlaFCB

I agree, Thiago shouldnt have been sold. And its your own opinion if you think Samper is as good as Gomes and Denis. But my point is that you cant complain that Samper doesnt get any minutes or being developed properly when you want us to sign a player who is directly going to affect those two things.

Guess you didn't understand it yet. A player like Verratti should had been signed, not a mismatch like Gomes, if someone was being signed anyway. And Samper played for the 1st team in the UCL before, and did a much better job than anything Gomes has showed so far.

opjeoff

Guess you didn't understand it yet. A player like Verratti should had been signed, not a mismatch like Gomes, if someone was being signed anyway. And Samper played for the 1st team in the UCL before, and did a much better job than anything Gomes has showed so far.

Gomes cost far less than Verratti would have cost. And you're assuming that there wasnt other variables which played a factor. PSG probably would have not wanted to sell, Verratti could have not wanted to come, despite what he keeps saying in the media. Also its easy to say things about Gomes and Samper now, there is always a risk that a player will fail. Even Verratti could fail if he comes here, nothing is certain.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Gomes cost far less than Verratti would have cost. And you're assuming that there wasnt other variables which played a factor. PSG probably would have not wanted to sell, Verratti could have not wanted to come, despite what he keeps saying in the media.

How obvious is that..... lol

We had over 100m to play with. Now we're out of the CL and La Liga.

Verratti, Umtiti and a RB would have been great. And Denis for 3.5m.

F

FlaFCB

Gomes cost far less than Verratti would have cost. And you're assuming that there wasnt other variables which played a factor. PSG probably would have not wanted to sell, Verratti could have not wanted to come, despite what he keeps saying in the media. Also its easy to say things about Gomes and Samper now, there is always a risk that a player will fail. Even Verratti could fail if he comes here, nothing is certain.

So freaking what? Verratti would be a better fit. Or someone with that profile. Gomes is just a waste of money and space. As is Arda, Denis and Paco.

opjeoff

How obvious is that..... lol

We had over 100m to play with. Now we're out of the CL and La Liga.

Verratti, Umtiti and a RB would have been great. And Denis for 3.5m.

You would rather we spend all our money on trying to get Verratti? and leave our other positions which were clearly in need at that time. Again, its easy to see where we went wrong now, but in the summer we did a pretty good job at filling in at the positions we needed most. The players we've brought have let us down is all.

Yannik

Verratti:

«Le coach connaît bien l’équipe catalane et il mérite les éloges pour cette performance. Il a travaillé à la perfection. Tout est allé exactement dans le sens que nous avons prévu. […] Je suis content d’attirer l’intérêt d’autres grands clubs, mais je ne veux pas changer. Je fais partie d’un projet génial et nous voulons devenir une des trois meilleures équipes en Europe »

. [...] I'm happy to attract the interest of other big clubs, but I do not want to change. I'm part of a great project and we want to become one of the top three teams in Europe "

full quote

«Le coach connaît bien l’équipe catalane et il mérite les éloges pour cette performance. Il a travaillé à la perfection. Tout est allé exactement dans le sens que nous avons prévu. […] Je suis content d’attirer l’intérêt d’autres grands clubs, mais je ne veux pas changer. Je fais partie d’un projet génial et nous voulons devenir une des trois meilleures équipes en Europe »

"The coach knows the catalan team well and deserves praise for the performance. He worked on it perfectly. Everything went the way we prepared for. I am happy to raise the interest of major clubs, but i do not want to change. I am part of an awesome project and we want to become one of the three best teams in Europe"

Vilarrubi

You would rather we spend all our money on trying to get Verratti? and leave our other positions which were clearly in need at that time. Again, its easy to see where we went wrong now, but in the summer we did a pretty good job at filling in at the positions we needed most. The players we've brought have let us down is all.

That post didn't make sense..

I said Umtiti, Denis were good signings. Even Jasper and Digne were okay, we could have probably spent less on a CDR keeper and a backup LB though.

We spent €91m.. (€123m with the variables.) Veratti wouldn't have cost that... we spent €65 on Paco and Gomes, who are nowhere near good enough. We could have spent that on a great midfielder like Verratti who actually fits our style.

SocalBarcaFan

If anything yesterdays display should send a message to the front office that the plan this year didnt work and changes will have to be made. Gomes got more than his fair share of chances and it didn't work. I'd be shocked if he was still on the team next year. Now it's very unlikely we get Verratti because A) PSG prob don't want to sell him and B) he might not want to come to Barca after how bad they looked. But at least the Barca Board now realize, if they didn't already, that if there is one player they should break the bank for it is this guy.

El Flaco

[tw]831821461346189313[/tw]

"I never said I wanted to join Barca, article lied. I want to win with this club, we're in a project and even if we loose I will want to continue this project."

Lutece FC

[tw]831821461346189313[/tw]

"I never said I wanted to join Barca, article lied. I want to win with this club, we're in a project and even if we loose I will want to continue this project."

Clear statement and not bullshit from Marca, Sport, Sun or another tabloid...

Sepuldinho

sad, the best midfield so far and he didnt want to leave PSG and Nasser probably doesnt want to sell. i cant think of anyone as good as him.

Home of Barca Fans