Luis Enrique

RevoTeller

Your team couldnt string 3 passes together and he still saved you.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but you are right: without Messi we would probably be mid-table placed this year, not to mention probably at least second or even out in the CL group.
The team is trash.

serghei

Lucho needs to stay the whole season. Sacking him right now is not an option. At the end of the season we draw the line and see where we are. I can see several things that are way off tactically, but it is what it is.

Teams just found out that the best solution is not to mark MSN, but to isolate them by marking our midfielders.

Last edited:

Morten

Getting a draw at Anoeta when you desperately need the three points isn't called "saving" in my book.Not Messi's fault ofc.

The difference between 6 and 7 points is huge. You win el classico and RM needs to lose one more and you are ahead because of h2h, 4 points is a different story.

Jallo

The no1 problem for Lucho is that he plays a long team. There are 60-70m. between fullbacks and MSN. The only way you can get the ball from defence to attack when the opponent man-marks your midfielders and is pressuring you like crazy, is with a long ball. It's piss easy logic. Play long ball and let MSN to win 1 vs 1 aerial duels, and attack the 2nd ball like crazy.

You either play long ball, or you instruct MSN to drop way back, and force the opponent's fullbacks to play a highline, then speculate that highline with passes that bypass the midfield, and with MSN doing runs.

I think [MENTION=15731]Sumlit[/MENTION] said it best. Lucho is tactically defficient.

Absolutely agree, I have notice the distance between each midfielder is long. When Busquets or Rakitic are underpressure they have no outlet. As a result the transition defennce is awful, our 6 second ball retention rule has gone out of the window. The connection between the midfield whether in passing or defensively is just no there. If this is our new style we need actual athletes in the midfield.

serghei

The difference between 6 and 7 points is huge. You win el classico and RM needs to lose one more and you are ahead because of h2h, 4 points is a different story.

That is true. The 6 points aren't a problem right now. Our game is though. I'd rather we lost this game by missing 15 chances, then draw with referee mistakes and by Sociedad missing chance after chance.

Ahmedd

Lucho needs to stay the whole season. Sacking him right now is not an option. At the end of the season we draw the line and see where we are. I can see several things that are way off tactically, but it is what it is.

It worked for RM last year. It's a risky move but i'd take it. Players don't seem to listen to Lucho anymore.

xXKonan

I really don't know what Lucho and Unzué are even doing in regards to tactics.

It's like they fucking refuse to acknowledge the issues we have been having. even when we went on that incredible second half of the season during the treble season we still had problems then. With so many players off form or off form due to the tactics it's clear the "System" he implemented is no longer Functional.

Stuff that we have been dealing with for awhile now should've been fixed ages ago one would think. Instead we show up playing same way we have the last match we lost/drew or got lucky enough to win.

This is how I see Lucho view things in regards to his tactics and system.

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg

Frustrating.

Richard.H

He needs to have a more consistent lineup. Our mid isn't that talented to be constantly rotated. Perhaps have Rafinha be a regular with Denis coming on for him around the 60-70 min mark every match? Leave Gomes and Arda completely out. Actually, Arda should only be an MSN sub.

serghei

He needs to have a more consistent lineup. Our mid isn't that talented to be constantly rotated. Perhaps have Rafinha be a regular with Denis coming on for him around the 60-70 min mark every match? Leave Gomes and Arda completely out. Actually, Arda should only be an MSN sub.

Arda was out. Did it make a difference? No. Rafinha played vs Celta from the start. Did it make a difference? No. Denis played vs Alaves. Did it make a difference? No. Tactics are off. The opponent has an upper hand on us tactically, and if their legs hold up they will succesfully block us no matter who we play.

We should have lost all 3 games vs Sevilla, Valencia and Sociedad. We have shit games regardless who we play because the tactics are messed up.

Home of Barca Fans