Luis Enrique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His strategy is to get the ball to forwards as fast as we can. Thus "avoiding" the midfield.
It worked for 2 seasons and now it's been found out.

Pep (a better motivator and with younger squad) managed to get 3 great seasons and then we needed a change too.

Things aren't looking good but plenty of season to be played with Copa and Champions League and we still hold our destiny in league too (2 Clasicos = 6 points).

Total-Football

I have a wild solution to some of our problems .. but it will take some balls to even try .. i doubt it's possible tho with all those contract clauses and what not .. My solution is to go for this ( when iniesta is avaible ) : play iniesta as a fourth midielder ( preferably on the left side ) .. and go with the usual 4-3-3 with iniesta being our fourth midfielder .. but this means only 2 of MSN can play .. this might help us retaking control of the ball and actually go back to the basics of our brand of foot-ball that we seem to hae forgotten all together

God Serena

I have a wild solution to some of our problems .. but it will take some balls to even try .. i doubt it's possible tho with all those contract clauses and what not .. My solution is to go for this ( when iniesta is avaible ) : play iniesta as a fourth midielder ( preferably on the left side ) .. and go with the usual 4-3-3 with iniesta being our fourth midfielder .. but this means only 2 of MSN can play .. this might help us retaking control of the ball and actually go back to the basics of our brand of foot-ball that we seem to hae forgotten all together

Our problem isn't not having enough midfielders, it's that our midfielders are hardly a part of the game. Playing 4 wouldn't solve anything.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have all seen this story before, btw. Barca has some problem in early part of the season, plays some boring/bad football, "Lucho is finished", "Lucho out" etc. Then suddenly they turn it all around, becomes unstoppable and wins the treble in the end.

Your schadenfreude is not even funny, Morten. Can you give us a break?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our problem isn't not having enough midfielders, it's that our midfielders are hardly a part of the game. Playing 4 wouldn't solve anything.

Exactly. I don't believe our midfielders are literally that bad ability-wise as they have appeared to be, it is Luis Enrique's tactics (if they can be called tactics at all) that made them so.

Luis Enrique really needs to go, at the end of this season regardless of the results.

jamrock

His tactic of getting the ball forward to the front 3 as fast as possible and bypassing the midfield, is getting found out more and more every season, and he doesn't seem to know how to switch it up.

xXKonan

At this point I can't really put all the blame on our Midfielders when it comes to our issues.

Lucho is instructing our Midfielders to be Glorified Defenders while the Fullbacks+MSN do all the creating and even the defending part has been sketchy as hell and hasn't worked properly at all in ages. Hell I'm convinced in this system even if we bought Verratti or even Gundogan they would've been bogged down on just how utter crap the Midfield tactics are.

The Midfield use to be one if not Barcelona's main strengths now it's just a pile of rubbish and I don't think it's completely down to the players at all. what may have worked back in 2014/15 won't work anymore since teams found out how to stop it.

It's time for Lucho to quit relying on Messi to create something out of thin air and get the Midfield more involved than just being water boys.

Jallo

At this point I can't really put all the blame on our Midfielders when it comes to our issues.

Lucho is instructing our Midfielders to be Glorified Defenders while the Fullbacks+MSN do all the creating and even the defending part has been sketchy as hell and hasn't worked properly at all in ages. Hell I'm convinced in this system even if we bought Verratti or even Gundogan they would've been bogged down on just how utter crap the Midfield tactics are.

The Midfield use to be one if not Barcelona's main strengths now it's just a pile of rubbish and I don't think it's completely down to the players at all. what may have worked back in 2014/15 won't work anymore since teams found out how to stop it.

It's time for Lucho to quit relying on Messi to create something out of thin air and get the Midfield more involved than just being water boys.

SPOT

xXKonan

The results part isn't what's bothering me.

It's how we are playing that's making me angry. you hear the words "It's all about the results" a lot when it comes to Lucho's Barca, but if we aren't playing well most of the time how the fuck should we get a good result from said games if we are getting dicked by a mid table team most of the time?

Is Lucho's answer to all this is we pray the other team ends up scuffing their chances and get tired as the game wears on and we Luck out on a brilliant moment from Messi? is Lucho and the rest of the Technical staff really okay with this?

Considering the amount of money and talent we invested into this squad theirs no excuse why we should be struggling this much. Motivation? plays a big part but the overall team setup is just dire as hell right now.

mssarm

It's obvious that Lucho will not renew regardless how we end the season. The board should start thinking about replacement right now, because it's not going to be an easy task and frankly I have no idea who might be good candidate.

gasgas

The funny thing is you guys expect non-creative midfielders to suddenly become creative.
Our only Barca-level Creative midfielder is Iniesta.
The rest are workhorses for most of the time.

We replaced Xavi and iniesta with donkeys.
Midfielders who are all physical and less cerebral.

We don't have naturally creative players.
Our most creative players are MSN.

Why give the creative tasks to players who are not creative.

We made a mistake from the start
We play like this bcs msn are the most creative ones
Had we replaced xaviesta with creative mids the burden would be less

Barcilliant

Time to drop Suarez and Busquets.

Iniesta is the missing link. Without him there is no control and the midfield look lost.

European Super cup final was a perfect example. Iniesta comes off and we lose control. Sevilla score three goals. Even when Iniesta is slightly off form the midfield goes pear shaped. Busquets and Rakitic are both one trick ponies.

As for Lucho he needs to stop fucking around and rotating so much. Settle on a first Eleven and tactics and make a few minor tweaks and rotations.

This is his last season anyway. He doesn't look happy and his cycle appears over.

Home of Barca Fans