Luis Enrique

Neymessi

Suarez is a goddamn center forward if I ever saw one. Best in the world, in the position he plays.

Agreed.Even by playing average this season he still has come out to score and assist when needed.Although I hope he will take his overall game back to his own great standards.

El Flaco

Quotes from Luis Enrique during pre-Rayo Vallecano press conference

"We just found out about the Copa draw, we'll gather information about Villanovense later. Right now we're focused on Rayo."

"Rayo will be as difficult as they always are. They press you and never let a ball go undisputed. It will be difficult."

"Against Rayo, if you're not careful in possession they will take the ball from you. We have to put pressure & provoke errors"

"Mascherano and Busquets have played most, they are both key players. Should give them rest, but don't find the right moment."

"Suárez is 100% ready for the game. He's feeling well."

"The only thing I care about is that Messi recovers well and he comes back when he's ready. I don't care when that will be."

"We train very good players.That means they're selected by their NTs. This presents unusual sessions for us, with 5-6 players"

"I'm sure that both AFA and Barça are worried about Leo recovering at 100%. That's what we all want."

"Vermaelen is ok, he hasn't received the medical clearance yet, but he trained well."

"I'd like to be ESP coach one day? Yes, I would like that - a lot even."

"My idea is the same as it was last season, to try and rotate the players.But right now I have 2 central midfielders available"

"No one from the club has told me anything about the economic situation regarding signings. Not until now at least."

"You say that some games are easy in theory. But in reality no game is easy."

"We'll recover players from injury and have a more ample squad and then in January we'll get our signings & it will be better."

"Munir and Sandro are doing very well, they haven't scored yet, but I'm not worried about that."

"We're working on new signings since January. What I'm asking - or not asking - is private."

"Raúl retiring? Time passes for all of us. He marked an era in Spanish football and I'm sure he'll stay in football."

"It's not about missing Pedro or not. This happens in football, we thank him for his years of service to the club."

"Santos asking for Neymar to be suspended for 6 months? Why don't they ask for 6 years while they're at it?"

"Benitez complaining about press? I'm extremely happy with the press here... (smiles)"

"From the 11 years of Messi playing for Barça I'm left with the satisfaction and pleasure of having experienced them."

Last edited:

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "We have to continue to improve in defense too, we're still not at our best." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "We should be more effective, but you can't train on it. If players get the same 10 chances in training, they score 9 or 10."

Luis Enrique: "Complicated game, as always against Rayo. We missed again many chances. Very good first half, bad second half." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "In one word - Neymar's game today? Impressive." #fcblive

Luis Enrique: "You know you can lose possession against Rayo, Celta or Bayern, but then you focus on the result." #fcblive

Horatio

You're welcome
What is the general consencus on Luis Enrique right now? I think he's doing pretty good. I think with a lesser coach we could be doing much worse with the form of most players. He manages to get a lot out of the situation with the handicaps. Also gives the youth a chance, dares to take risks and adapt. Good posture with media as well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't been playing good overall and I don't just mean losses to Bilbao, Celta and Sevilla.
We conceded too many goals and have a pathetic goal difference.

But then again we did have a tough schedule and face many injuries.

In the end what tips the scale to "good" for me is the fact Madrid lost points too and we are level on points. Sometimes it just comes to circumstances.

Horatio

You're welcome
Last season we lost 2 games in the first 10 games and drew once. Right now we have 2 losses in 8 games. Ironically we could actually have a better start of the season over 10 games compared to last season if we win the coming two matches.

F

Flavia

Last season we lost 2 games in the first 10 games and drew once. Right now we have 2 losses in 8 games. Ironically we could actually have a better start of the season over 10 games compared to last season if we win the coming two matches.

If you look at results only. The team is not playing well since the start of the season. With or without Messi. It was a huge dip in form, comparing to how they were playing in the 2nd half of last season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think what sets our performance so far this season from last season is that our defense has totally collapsed/lost their focus/form. In addition, our midfield is really stretched thin and its problems are being exposed even more than before.

At this point I just hope that (1) we will have no more injuries and (2) we will be able to go neck and neck with Real Madrid before January 2016 and not trail them by more than 3 points and (3) win our CL group.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
In the end what tips the scale to "good" for me is the fact Madrid lost points too and we are level on points. Sometimes it just comes to circumstances.

Completely agree, RM fans can really be pissed that they wasted a precious chance to run away with some points, can't believe we're co-leaders haha, playing Getafe & Eibar next VS Celta & Sevilla (both away) for madrid :D

Considering the circumstances i think our results are great.
Our squad is thinner and more tired than the year before, and this time around we can actually expect a rebound in January with Turan & Vidal + x

Theres an incoming rebound for the attack/midfield with a rested Messi + Turan/Vidal. Only problem is the defense needs to get back to how they were last year.

Horatio

You're welcome
Considering the circumstances i think our results are great.
Our squad is thinner and more tired than the year before, and this time around we can actually expect a rebound in January with Turan & Vidal + x

Are you a magician? Your username sounds like a magic trick.

xXKonan

Luis Enrique: "We're conceding too many goals. It's not a problem of the defense, but of the whole team. We keep on looking for solutions."

Luis Enrique: "We are playing against the team which beat Rome. Do not expect an easy match."

Luis Enrique: "the absence of Messi does not mean one player has to play the leader. We ask the whole group to work together."

Luis Enrique: "Worried that renewal process of Neymar and the legal issues could affect his performances? No."

Luis Enrique: "New Uefa fine for flags? Vice president already talked in name of the club. I hope for quick solution and focus on football

Luis Enrique: "Sergi Roberto didn't break through, maybe because hd didn't get enough chance. I know him well, he can still get better."

Home of Barca Fans