Luis Enrique

Kohe321

Really bad day from the players, hard to blame Lucho. He made the right team selection (maybe Rakitic should've started though) and we started off playing pretty good football but Alves's error led to their goal and we had no response afterwards. Malaga crowded the box, left the wings opened, played for the crossing game. We should've had more counterattacking initiative but I can't see what else could've been done when this day reeked of the planets aligning for Malaga and the refs facilitating it.

I'm more concerned about City. This doesn't really change my opinion that the team are heading in the right direction but we need a huge response to maintain the momentum against them this week. The players need to turnaround to their best, Lucho needs to make sure we use the right weapons to destroy them, and we need to be very prepared. I'm fully ready to let this loss slide even though it complicates the league as long as it is a one-off and the team continue to keep building with professionalism and give a top performance in the CL.

LE made the mistake of pairing Iniesta and Rafinha today. We had no midfield until Rakitic got in.

Agree with both of you 100%.

I really hope the team bounces back in a great way against City, that will make this defeat easier to swallow. We still have chances in the league, Real can easily drop points in the matches ahead. We can't have a repeat of this game at critical moments and still hope to win the league, though. This has to be the final terrible game of the season.

F

Flavia

Luis Enrique: "5 points lost against Malaga could be decisive? We'll see, I can't predict the future. The team with most points wins..."

Luis Enrique: "Mistake Alves? Mistakes are made by the whole team, first of all by the coach. Shouldn't point out individuals."

Luis Enrique: "I hope this game was just an accident, but we'll know that in a few weeks..."

Luis Enrique: "First half we played more or less well. In second half, we didn't have balance, no control, played too much through centre."

Leo_Messi

Really bad day from the players, hard to blame Lucho. He made the right team selection (maybe Rakitic should've started though) and we started off playing pretty good football but Alves's error led to their goal and we had no response afterwards. Malaga crowded the box, left the wings opened, played for the crossing game. We should've had more counterattacking initiative but I can't see what else could've been done when this day reeked of the planets aligning for Malaga and the refs facilitating it.

I'm more concerned about City. This doesn't really change my opinion that the team are heading in the right direction but we need a huge response to maintain the momentum against them this week. The players need to turnaround to their best, Lucho needs to make sure we use the right weapons to destroy them, and we need to be very prepared. I'm fully ready to let this loss slide even though it complicates the league as long as it is a one-off and the team continue to keep building with professionalism and give a top performance in the CL.

I seriously question whether the team is moving "in the right direction" after a match like this one.

That 11-game winning steak does not tell the full story of the real abilities of the team. I always felt that the euphoria surrounding the team had more to do with Messi's exceptional form and that of Neymar rather than the team's ability as a whole.

It's shocking that the team is not better prepared and more motivated when playing at home and for nothing less than the top standing in the league.

Why did Lucho wait this long before he made his changes? After Málaga took the lead I never had a feeling of the team being able to bounce back. I know that it sounds crazy given the recent form of the team but something was clearly wrong from the get-go.

He should have substituted Pedro on much earlier and kept Alves and thus used a 3-3-4 formation with Alba and Alves acting as permanent wingers.

Why substitute Mascherano on when you have Xavi at your disposition?

I am yet to see Lucho change the course of a game where the team is trailing tactically speaking.

Lucho has a lot to learn and I am not sure that FCB is the right club for him to learn at. We are all craving for success. Especially after the horrors of last season.

Last edited:

Alarcón

I seriously question whether the team is moving "in the right direction" after a match like this one.

That 11-game winning steak does not tell the full story of the real abilities of the team.

Ok, so 11 games didn't tell the full story, but this one game did?

15ttv8.jpg

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
If you're going to blame lucho blame him for putting Iniesta and Rafinha together, like so many have said. Also Mascherano should have played. I said it yesterday, he is indispensable to the team.

Leo_Messi

Ok, so 11 games didn't tell the full story, but this one game did?

15ttv8.jpg

Remember the game against Celta at home? The away game against Málaga? The away game against Getafe? The away game against La Real which was played right after Real Madrid's defeat against Valencia? The poor showings against Real Madrid and PSG away from home?

I already wrote that the 11-game winning streak is more down to Messi's and Neymar's phenomenal form than any genius from Lucho's hand.

Lucho is not good enough. The team won't win anything of worth with him. At most CdR but that's a minor title.

We saw his tactical genius once again today.

Alarcón

Remember the game against Celta at home? The away game against Málaga? The away game against Getafe? The poor showings against Real Madrid and PSG away from home?

I already wrote that the 11-game winning streak is more down to Messi's and Neymar's phenomenal form than any genius from Lucho's hand.

Lucho is not good enough. The team won't win anything of worth with him. At most CdR but that's a minor title.

We saw his tactical genius once again today.

ok m8, everything was just Messi and Neymar

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi's and Neymar's form didn't just come out of the blue. The team setup changed after the Real Sociedad match and we played much better as a unit, to the benefit of our attackers.

He subbed on Rakitic at the 62nd minute (the only change that would actually work in our benefit). It's not like he waited late. 3-3-4 would not have made a difference. Malaga played to keep us on the wings and crossing in. They crowded the box. Us pushing Alba/Alves up as wingers would've led to even more retarded crosses. They chose the right setup to combat our style and also had the fortune of shitty refs and really poor individual performances (not to mention a gift from Alves). The loss was NOT down to Lucho 'not playing a 3-3-4' or 'subbing Pedro on earlier', changes that I really fail to see the supposed benefit of. At most, the only tactical thing I can fault Lucho for was playing Rafinha. The individual performances aren't down to him as well considering that we did play well early on but the players started collapsing individually one by one after their goal (except for Busi and Pique).

Can you really scrutinize the guy when the game would've been extremely different if not for variables that he can't control? You blast him for not making visionary in-match changes to completely counteract the forces of refs, luck, individuals, etc. and change the momentum of the match, a bit unrealistic no? I can't think of any manager in Europe right now who isn't struggling. Ancelotti just recently suffered his worst ever loss, Pep has had a series of poor results in the Buli and CL that make it questionable whether he can lead Bayern to any real success, Mourinho as well has not been one bit convincing recently. Lucho losing one match after 11 wins, albeit at home, against a team of brutally lucky cunts who picked the tactical setup that weakens us the most is not reason to discredit him for our recent successes.

JamDav1982

His presser is available for anyone to see. LE was not angry. He has a different opinion. Or he's oblivious to the players making a pact or something.

Yeah the press are blowing that one up.

Lucho gave his opinion then they said Messi said differently. Which Lucho calm as you like said he is entitled to his opinion.

What did the press want him to say? 'Come to think of it Messi was right'.

Its a non issue.

Kohe321

Messi's and Neymar's form didn't just come out of the blue. The team setup changed after the Real Sociedad match and we played much better as a unit, to the benefit of our attackers.

He subbed on Rakitic at the 62nd minute (the only change that would actually work in our benefit). It's not like he waited late. 3-3-4 would not have made a difference. Malaga played to keep us on the wings and crossing in. They crowded the box. Us pushing Alba/Alves up as wingers would've led to even more retarded crosses. They chose the right setup to combat our style and also had the fortune of shitty refs and really poor individual performances (not to mention a gift from Alves). The loss was NOT down to Lucho 'not playing a 3-3-4' or 'subbing Pedro on earlier', changes that I really fail to see the supposed benefit of. At most, the only tactical thing I can fault Lucho for was playing Rafinha. The individual performances aren't down to him as well considering that we did play well early on but the players started collapsing individually one by one after their goal (except for Busi and Pique).

Can you really scrutinize the guy when the game would've been extremely different if not for variables that he can't control? You blast him for not making visionary in-match changes to completely counteract the forces of refs, luck, individuals, etc. and change the momentum of the match, a bit unrealistic no? I can't think of any manager in Europe right now who isn't struggling. Ancelotti just recently suffered his worst ever loss, Pep has had a series of poor results in the Buli and CL that make it questionable whether he can lead Bayern to any real success, Mourinho as well has not been one bit convincing recently. Lucho losing one match after 11 wins, albeit at home, against a team of brutally lucky cunts who picked the tactical setup that weakens us the most is not reason to discredit him for our recent successes.

Completely agree on all points. :)

This is a game to forget, I hope the players can put it behind them and put their focus on the City game. We really need to do well against them to keep this positive flow that we have been enjoying for the past weeks going, a poor game there could really kill the momentum and ruin our hopes for the two major trophies.

A perfect time to quote the poet and the lyrical legend Shakira:

Pick yourself up
And dust yourself off
Get back in the saddle

:pep:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans