Luis Enrique

BBZ8800

Lol no. In that case Liverpool have won the premier league.

I am not from England and I don't care too much about EPL.
I don't care too much if Liverpool won EPL.

They were the champions of England.
The same as Man. Utd. in EPL later.

If people want to think that winning EPL is a bigger success than being a champion in 70s or 80s, and the same for CL/European cup, fine.

That's just extremely silly, imo.
And extremely overrating of current times/current strength of any competition/current strength of teams.

Like as if everything is better and more important today.
By that logic, in 2020 and 2030, everyone will trash our success in 2006 or 2009, and say that it was easy back then, and teams weren't as strong as today, in "mighty" 2020 or 2030.

That is exactly how it will be in 10 years.

Kerrybai

I am not from England and I don't care too much about EPL.
I don't care too much if Liverpool won EPL.

They were the champions of England.
The same as Man. Utd. in EPL later.

If people want to think that winning EPL is a bigger success than being a champion in 70s or 80s, and the same for CL/European cup, fine.

That's just extremely silly, imo.
And extremely overrating of current times/current strength of any competition/current strength of teams.

Like as if everything is better and more important today.
By that logic, in 2020 and 2030, everyone will trash our success in 2006 or 2009, and say that it was easy back then, and teams weren't as strong as today, in "mighty" 2020 or 2030.

That is exactly how it will be in 10 years.

I never said anything about it being less of a success, but simply but Aston Villa never won the CL, just as Liverpool have ever won the premier league. It's not even a debate, its a simple fact.

DinhoR10

I never said anything about it being less of a success, but simply but Aston Villa never won the CL, just as Liverpool have ever won the premier league. It's not even a debate, its a simple fact.

+1 Not saying it is any less prestigious but simply that its a different competition.

BBZ8800

+1 Not saying it is any less prestigious but simply that its a different competition.

A different competition in wording, yes. Not a different competition, because the competition changes every few years, even today (CL).
Like Jules Rimet World cup in the past.

But ok.

Kerrybai

A different competition in wording, yes. Not a different competition, because the competition changes every few years, even today (CL).
Like Jules Rimet World cup in the past.

But ok.

I understand your point but people still call them by different names, when people talk about Celtic winning in 67 they never say Celtic won the champions league, because it's not accurate... anyways probably shouldn't have derailed the thread.

How about the Lucho guy :p

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not really, it was a different competition, the only real similarity is that it was a continental cup. So winning them are the same thing technically in that each crowned the best in europe but you can't really compare the competitions.
So...technically speaking. Madrid have not yet won La Decima. :mou:

Vahue

Did he fail to motivate players for today's match with the City game coming up on Tuesday? Such a terrible performance after many good ones.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Really bad day from the players, hard to blame Lucho. He made the right team selection (maybe Rakitic should've started though) and we started off playing pretty good football but Alves's error led to their goal and we had no response afterwards. Malaga crowded the box, left the wings opened, played for the crossing game. We should've had more counterattacking initiative but I can't see what else could've been done when this day reeked of the planets aligning for Malaga and the refs facilitating it.

I'm more concerned about City. This doesn't really change my opinion that the team are heading in the right direction but we need a huge response to maintain the momentum against them this week. The players need to turnaround to their best, Lucho needs to make sure we use the right weapons to destroy them, and we need to be very prepared. I'm fully ready to let this loss slide even though it complicates the league as long as it is a one-off and the team continue to keep building with professionalism and give a top performance in the CL.

We don't see what goes on in training, but on the pitch it was clear raki was superior to iniesta/rafinha.
Not much more to be said about Lucho for this game

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Can't really blame Lucho after today. The players were just too complacent. I disagree on his team selection for the game, that's all.

F

Flavia

LE made the mistake of pairing Iniesta and Rafinha today. We had no midfield until Rakitic got in.

Alarcón

Did he fail to motivate players for today's match with the City game coming up on Tuesday? Such a terrible performance after many good ones.

Clearly, he wanted the players to save their energy for the CL game, and it didn't work out. No need to dwell on that for too long, they have to get up and react against City, the league will be hard but still possible.

Home of Barca Fans