Luis Enrique is the new coach of FC Barcelona

Neeraj

Just read the statements from his press conference...I really like his attitude and the words he chose. Gives me a real positive feeling, and I feel like ' aah, at least he knows whats missing!'. Goood vibe. Go lucho!

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Enrique wants the team captains to be voted on for next season. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Mascherano, Piqué, busquets are favorites.

Who is the captain next season then? Hope Masche won't be it.

Alik

Luis Enrique wants the team captains to be voted on for next season. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Mascherano, Piqué, busquets are favorites.

Who is the captain next season then? Hope Masche won't be it.

Ugh, got a bad feeling about this. Tricky. Egos might get inflated or feelings might get hurt.

It should be Xavi in the pecking order and if it isn't, I don't know how he'd react.

Messi should definitely not be captain but he is a high possibility.

Iniesta and Busquets have no business being captains I think.

It's not even certain if Mache will be here next season.

I say it should be Xavi or Pique.

spark

Ugh, got a bad feeling about this. Tricky. Egos might get inflated or feelings might get hurt.

It should be Xavi in the pecking order and if it isn't, I don't know how he'd react.

Messi should definitely not be captain but he is a high possibility.

Iniesta and Busquets have no business being captains I think.

It's not even certain if Mache will be here next season.

I say it should be Xavi or Pique.

If their peers vote for them, whoever get the three of four positions deserve it. Really odd to see people saying who definitely shouldnt be captains as if they were in the dressing room and know better than the players themselves :rolleyes: .Newsflash, its how Puyol became the club's captain despite being in the first team less years than Xavi after Cocu and Lucho left.

ebc_99

Lucho knows what it is like in the dressing room, maybe voting on it will work. It should go to the best leader not just the most experienced player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Alik

If their peers vote for them, whoever get the three of four positions deserve it. Really odd to see people saying who definitely shouldnt be captains as if they know better than the players themselves :rolleyes: Newsflash, its how Puyol became the club's captain despite being in the first team less years than Xavi after Cocu and Lucho left.
I agree, if people actually vote for who they believe in.

But what if they vote simply because they don't want to upset the current lineup? i.e. For example, Mache is a better leader but vote for Iniesta because he is a nice guy and above him in the pecking order?

Egert

Estonian Culé
I have a feeling it will be Messi. Don't know why.
I hope Xavi will be captain next season too although he won't play all games next season.

spark

I agree, if people actually vote for who they believe in.

But what if they vote simply because they don't want to upset the current lineup? i.e. For example, Mache is a better leader but vote for Iniesta because he is a nice guy and above him in the pecking order?

Well remember Mascherano didnt even want to be Argentina captain before Maradona convinced him, and that was his country. I dont know if Masch would be comfortable being named a captain over heavy weights in the club. But if hes voted its a different story. Anyway I believe our players have proven their humility over the years and its a group that has been together for some time so if it comes down to voting we have trust and respect them.

Home of Barca Fans