Lliga: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 0-1

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I have to agree with both DonAK's opinion that this will be Neymar's season, it does have feeling it will be so, and JamDav's opinions on the way the team is being structured.

It is early, but you can already see a clear structure and definite formation that is different while still being familiar. The Elche game showed what JamDav is talking about the midfield setting themselves up in positions to cover the fullbacks. They are playing the midfield deep and wide, and keeping them there with only sporadic, selective and controlled runs forward, but mostly staying deep in cover and playmaking. Forwards are tucked inside and interchanging with each other.

The formation looked a lot like this when the team was in possession.

1088811_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Adding Neymar and Suarez in lieu of Rafinha and Munir can only add more versatility and danger.

I also agree about the counters point. You saw the first goal against Leon how quickly that ball recovered by Rakitic was passed onto Messi and how quickly that ball was into the box to create danger. With the big three up front all capable of passing, dribbling as well as receiving, the counter will be a lethal tool in Barca's arsenal. Rakitic's strong leg will also do wonders for quick outlets for counters.

I

instinct

Iniesta probably out for Sunday's game (probably because of an injury)

pszczudlo

Don't be panic. We still need to wait for official news. Anyway we are clear fauvorites even without Andres. As ridiculus as it sounds but it will be a chance for Xavi to prove something to Lucho

pszczudlo

Guys I have one question regarding this game. I won't be able to watch it live but I wish to watch it direcly after the game ends. Do you know any place on the web where I would be able to download or watch the game few minutes after it finishes?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guys I have one question regarding this game. I won't be able to watch it live but I wish to watch it direcly after the game ends. Do you know any place on the web where I would be able to download or watch the game few minutes after it finishes?

I don't know about a website, but many matches tend to be uploaded on YouTube quickly these days. I am sure someone will post a download/online link on here as well.

Keep a watch on this YouTube channel. They uploaded the Elche game.

Egert

Estonian Culé
With Iniesta out, Lucho will start this lineup I think.

----------------Bravo-------------
Alves---Bartra--------Mathieu-Alba
---------------Boss--------------
------Rakitic-------------Xavi----
----Munir-----Messi---Neymar----

Frodo_FCB

Now that Iniesta won't play, id like to see Rafinha in his position..I think he will perform much better in the midfield.
Although i think that Lucho will start with Xavi, because of his experience..

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Does Lucho not like Xavi then? or is it a fitness thing as to why he didn't come on against Elche.

Home of Barca Fans