Lliga | Round 32: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm lobbying for Lukaku...

It's nice to be technical, gracious, with filigranic moves and soft touch... it is beautifull, I love it...

But, sometimes, with some clubs (and people in life) - you just got to use good old, ungracious, stupid, brute force to get what you want. Lukaku would buldoze his way through their CBs and GK to the net. Or use some of those million krossess sent from both wings (only Pique is capable of serious header in our team). Or shoot some heavy projectile-he has the necessary body mass to put into it (nobody in our team can shoot with real power).

I know it's not our style, our philosophy, our way of doing things... but to brake through the bunker - sponge isn't the tool. Bazooka on the other hand, is.

Now laugh at me and mock me - but deep inside you know I'm right.

Devils

The issue is last season we had players who could come off the bench and make an impact like Xavi and Pedro. We've significantly downgraded this season to Arda and Munir, neither of which are near the quality of the former.

It's a real shame because we should have signed Nolito and we should have signed a creative midfielder in the summer.

Our poor transfers are costing us massively.

Altomonte

Messi was really unlucky, maybe it's the '500 goals' barrier that is haunting him. The good news for him is that he has successfully tested the next Argentina national team GK: Rulli may even be able to help him win WC / Copa finals. Let's hope his streak of bad luck in front of goal will end on Wednesday.

Altomonte

One more thing: I defended Arda and blamed the YC's on the referees. Today he can only blame himself: a silly and unnecessary foul and a poor performance although he came close to scoring.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Obviously disappointing but this was probably the tough week of our season. Three high intensity games in a week, you can't expect anybody to string together three stellar games like that together, considering we have played the more games than any other team in Europe. In hindsight, we were incredibly fortunate and lucky to have the lead we did going into January. We still control our destiny in La Liga and for the rest of the schedule, we should be able to beat the competition comfortably.

Arda's form is really concerning however and this Messi playing Xavi's role bullshit needs to stop. As long as we get the result against Atleti, we will be fine and still on course for our objectives.

Again, disappointing but its really not the end of the world. Their GK made some clutch saves so I expect us to bounce back at the Calderon.

MasChe

I'd like to see us park a bus, just to see what would teams like sociedad do. Maybe you brake a bus by being a bus.
Messi's lofted passes can't reach anyone when there's 10 defenders in the box and
same goes for his and Neymars dribbling.
And we definitely should shoot more from the outside, which didn't happen until Iniesta dared to try something different. You may not succeed at once but there might be a lucky deflection and Munir or someone get a tap in. You have to at least try to change something.

gasgas

Obviously disappointing but this was probably the tough week of our season. Three high intensity games in a week, you can't expect anybody to string together three stellar games like that together, considering we have played the more games than any other team in Europe. In hindsight, we were incredibly fortunate and lucky to have the lead we did going into January. We still control our destiny in La Liga and for the rest of the schedule, we should be able to beat the competition comfortably.

Arda's form is really concerning however and this Messi playing Xavi's role bullshit needs to stop. As long as we get the result against Atleti, we will be fine and still on course for our objectives.

Again, disappointing but its really not the end of the world. Their GK made some clutch saves so I expect us to bounce back at the Calderon.

Yeah we had a series of three intense games.
But I dont think it's too much to ask them to win atleast one of them 11 vs 11.
We play horrible in all three and our players dot even get rest

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Messi was really unlucky, maybe it's the '500 goals' barrier that is haunting him. The good news for him is that he has successfully tested the next Argentina national team GK: Rulli may even be able to help him win WC / Copa finals. Let's hope his streak of bad luck in front of goal will end on Wednesday.

He's had plenty of milestone matches, and usually always performs well in them. The truth is I don't think he gives a fuck during the game, I doubt it plays on his mind at all, ever, he's just out of it at the moment, not only does his concentration seem off during the game recently, his freekicks have been lacking too. Obviously don't expect him to score em all but he's been hitting em completely off target the last few games.

LordLichtenstein

Our last 6 games:

F.C. Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

Villarreal 2-2 F.C. Barcelona (We drew the game because Lucho subbed off Piqué for Mathieu. We were leading 0-2)

F.C. Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid (Again, Lucho subbed off Rakitic for Arda, making our entire midfield unstable. We were leading 1-0)

F.C. Barcelona 2-1 Atletico Madrid

Real Sociedad 1-0 F.C. Barcelona (It is always difficult to play here and we rested players for the return leg in Champions League.)

There are no reasons to panic, we have been up against good sides, all quite capable of beating us, but hadn't it been for a few brain farts on Lucho's part, then we wouldn't have lost. There are no crisis here.

khaled_a_d

Lost to Eusebio who was object of jokes in here when he got Barca B relegated.

1 point in La Liga in last 3 matches and probably only won vs. Atlético as we had a man extra.

Alarming

That is wrong ,we were few points above relegation zone and we sacked him and appointed Vinyals and it was free fall from there and we finished last in the league.
Eusebio was good coach with Barca B specially result wise .he played ugly football but for 3 years he was efficient result wise for reserve team playing in a league that is too strong for reserve teams .
And he is proving to be gr8 signing for Sociedad .this loss isn't any worse than losing to Moyes Sociedad last year

We had tough schedule ,Villarreal who are one of the toughest teams in the world this season,RM ,Anoeta while having an actual good coach and in good form while playing AM in between and an international break for a team that have 6 starters from South America ,5 of them are aged between 28-33 .
One could hoped that we could pass such tough time .but our response was a big failure .let's hope we can overcome AM next Wednesday and then beat Valencia .as this will get us back on track .
That said ,even if we win next couple of games ,those lost 8 points will cost us as we won't be able to rest players in Liga anymore

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This loss could be the tipping point of this season.

The league is no longer a sure thing as a very unconvincing FC Barcelona team of late with several key players having some of the worst form in a long time might even have problems beating the likes of Valencia and Espanyol at home, let alone those away games that we are known for struggling at. Of the three teams dashing toward the finishing line, Atletico has the best away form and their injured players are close to all coming back. Very worrying to say the least.

I don't know how Luis Enrique will turn this team in such poor form/state of everything around in three days. I am sure if we continue to play like we did in the last several games, we have very little chance to beat Atletico come Wednesday.

It might be fatigue, it might be not. Whatever the reason is, it is so sad to see this team struggling like this. More ridicule all over the place coming from everybody. I hope we prove them all wrong.

mazp

Man, Bayern fans, Madrid fans, Atleti fans, Arsenal fans, are ripping us on twitter.. That we are a finished, fluked a treble, Lucho is garbage, etc.. It sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans