Lliga | Round 32: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

utility73

Probably our worst performance all season, still a tad unlucky to lose this one.
A 1-0 victory for Barça would have been more akin to the actually chances created but still no excuse for the horror show produced today.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I'm quite used to seeing Barca play, and there are rarely times when I ask myself why isn't that area occupied etc... for the past few games, I've been asking that question every 30 seconds. In the first half, we had already ran 2km less than La Real, that's almost 2 pitch lenghts by each player less.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lost to Eusebio who was object of jokes in here when he got Barca B relegated.

1 point in La Liga in last 3 matches and probably only won vs. Atlético as we had a man extra.

Alarming

Mitchell1978

Luis Enrique: "Second half was better, we created chances, didn't deserve to lose, their goalkeeper had again a great game."

Even starting to sound like Tata now with his BS.

He is right to some extent, Sociedad scored early, then parked a massive bus and their goalkeeper did really well. We didn't play well and created very little.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You can't really do much against this level of defense tbh. Name one team who can. Only barca can and that too when MSN in full form. Even real and Bayern at their best will struggle to break down this type of bus. What am i pissed about is why are the players not playing with extra motivation. I just don't see it. Maybe at Calderon.

hardyboy

Calm the fuck down!! Its not like everything is over. We are still on top of the table with a good enough lead. Even if we lose another game we would still be the leaders. So lets just stop the meltdown. Why cant we all accept that Sociedad at Anoeta is our kryptonite and move on. Last year we sucked at Anoeta and the next game we played was Copa Del Ray game against Atletico and fucked them. Lets hope we repeat the same this time too. I have full confidence in this team and in Lucho. We will be fine trust me..

This is why we needed to win vs Villarreal and/or Madrid.

I rest my case. Losing those leads vs Villarreal and Madrid may end up costing us big time.

Maybe we'll play better now that we're living on the edge and have to win every game. That was the case last season after all.

But make no mistake, we ARE living on the edge because we failed to finish off Villarreal and Madrid.

Last edited:

SirXavi

The Engineer
giphy.gif

Jaguar

Flair Trait
It's becoming more and more obvious that we've been relying on MSN too much, as a team we struggle to create chances or dictate the tempo with anywhere near as much potency as we used to, doubtful at this point that we'll be able to handle even Real Madrid never mind Bayern Munich if we face them, that is if we even get past Atletico, we'll have our strongest XI back but it's clear our players are out of form. Never seen Messi so uninspired, Neymar looks like it's his first season here again, Suarez is the only one who looks a genuine goal threat but his passing and teamplay has been mediocre, and like I said without MSN in form the team looks unable to penetrate and is vulnerable defensively. It's sad because for much of the season we looked almost like we could repeat last seasons success, now we're an utter mess and don't even look like a ghost of the team we were last season, not gonna say we can't repeat the treble, but it's looking unlikely, at this point we might even lose the league that I was already counting as a trophy a few weeks ago.

Hardy

so we were poor only in the clasico right? :lol: we should tank Torres otherwise was already over with Atletico. Remember, all this crap starts with shocking second half vs Villareal, no excuse with NT break.

jairzinho

Sociedad deserve credit for the early goal and the win. Always knew it was going to be a long night when they went ahead as few teams park the bus as good as they do.It seems we're just jinxed in San Sebastian.

Co0ter

Of course we rely on MSN; one of them is the best player ever and the other two cost 140mil euros...probably more.

Our midfield is doing their job, win the ball back and work their ass off to allow MSN to do whatever they want. The defense is mediocre but we already knew that going into everything.

The problem is that MSN isnt doing their part. Neymar is literally a ghost, Messi is in the worst form of his career and Suarez is still managing to score huge goals for us despite his horrid first touch and poor passing.

They need to wake up because our midfield can't work hard all game so they can walk around being lazy AND create for them too.

dakt

I wouldn't mind us loosing CL so much (you need a bit of luck there), but spilling so much points in la liga is nerve wrecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans