Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

Povikas

Brandon
This is very, very wrong. A great coach can do wonders even with a limited squad. The tactics played, motivation, fitness regime, etc, play a huge part.

Last night I had a game where all my players didn't look interested, not one of them (except keepers). We got beaten by a mediocre side (a'la Barca vs Betis) No matter what we tried, it didn't work, because all of them just didn't show up. I can't say I can take the blame on myself or all of the coaching staff. We just didn't have the rhythm or presence to win a game. So in conclusios, there are those periods of time when a coach can do his all, but the players don't show up. Dip of form, lacking match fitness or whatever the reason.

My 2 cents on the offtopic, but what do I know, I'm a young coach.

F

Flavia

Last night I had a game where all my players didn't look interested, not one of them (except keepers). We got beaten by a mediocre side (a'la Barca vs Betis) No matter what we tried, it didn't work, because all of them just didn't show up. I can't say I can take the blame on myself or all of the coaching staff. We just didn't have the rhythm or presence to win a game. So in conclusios, there are those periods of time when a coach can do his all, but the players don't show up. Dip of form, lacking match fitness or whatever the reason.

My 2 cents on the offtopic, but what do I know, I'm a young coach.

Well, that's why Pep supposedly left... the players weren't buying his ideas anymore, he couldn't motivate them as he once could. Bad games happens. But I don't think another manager would had achieved the same success Pep did with that Barça squad. Also look at what ancelotti is doing with rm. A midfield trio of kroos, modric and james being solid. There are many examples.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Possible line-up (vs Celta): Bravo - Alves (Pique) Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Rafinha - Suarez Messi Neymar #fcblive [md]

F

Flavia

Possible line-up (vs Celta): Bravo - Alves (Pique) Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Rafinha - Suarez Messi Neymar #fcblive [md]

Mathieu in, and it's probably right. Bartra won't start, people will moan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looking forward to see Rafinha play although he'll most likely have to cover up for Alba and then the knives will be out after the game.

Ustari

Mou, res!
Its probably not quite alright to say, but I honestly think enrique should be sacked. As I explained earlier, he had done everything wrong. I expected so much more. He looks like another moyes. And credentials? A failure in rome and some ok results in la liga? We need a class coach soon. Not just a home grown kid for det sake of it.

Get your fact straight please, Lucho is not a home grown kid

barcanuck

Tata did far better than enrique so far. Sad fact.

Are you 12? Tata beat Ancelotti in the classico first leg last year, did we see Real fire Ancelotti? Did they care when they won la decima and copa? Trophies are in the spring not in the fall. Lucho is making mistakes but nowhere near sack material.

Are you 12? Tata beat Ancelotti in the classico first leg last year, did we see Real fire Ancelotti? Did they care when they won la decima and copa? Trophies are in the spring not in the fall. Lucho is making mistakes but nowhere near sack material.

Its fair enough to disagree, and I am not saying I am absolutely correct. But why sentences like "are you 12?". It dosent address the question at hand:)

TO THE POINT: Youre argument is not very strong as far as I can see. Why: The problem isnt ONE loss, not all all, the genuine problem is the totality of things. Frame it different: What has enrique done so far?

As I wrote:

"What I dont understand is this: We were promised something wonderful this summer, and we aint seeing anything of it.

Enrique, I considered him to be a saviour, but he looks like a school kid against ancelotti.

1. He was braggin about bringing "ball pressure" back to our game - guardiola style. We see nothing of it.

2. He was bragging about letting the best players play. Yeah, just right, Alves, pique, pedro...just horrible. And why busi over masch against real? We were ***** with xavi, busi, iniesta. Enrique dosent do what he preaches, thats hypocrit right there.

3. How is it possible to aloud Dani Alves to cross against the best ball players in the world - 15 times EVERY match. Thats the opposite of efficiency. Why cant enrique see it. I mean, under tata that was the exact point: no more crossing from Alves. He shouldnt Even be playing, montoya should have been used from day one.

4. Douglas started his first game in an away game we were supposed to win, we didnt, and douglas sucked to be honest. Point being: why didnt douglas make his debut in a game where we was already leading 5-0? Even sofa managers wouldnt do that sort of thing.

5. And there is so much more. We generally play weak football, and the material just isnt good enough. Alves? Pique? Roberto? Pedro? Xavi? Sorry, that isnt sufficient to win games at the highest level."

These are all valid points. He has done about everything wrong. He seems to be a kind of politician, says one thing, but dosent deliver.

More importantly: Apparantly certain people aint happy with the situation(as far as I understand Guillem Balague), the players lost some confidence in enrique after el classico. There was no plan, a terrible line up, and look very closely at the players that ended that match for barcelona: roberto, pedro, alves, pique, its simply way to weak.

People say mayhem is gonna come to barcelona, I agree. It probably will.

Enrique have done so many mistakes and lacks a generel plan. His line ups just dont add up. I am sorry to say it, but he should walk. If you disagree. Just fine. But no ad hominems please:)

barcanuck

Dear Walt, that's way too much reading to reply. Simple question for you : were you one of the ones screaming for Pep's head to roll when he lost to Hercules at camp nou then tied the next game?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barcelona line-up (official): Bravo - Alves Mascherano Mathieu Alba - Rakitic Busquets Rafinha - Suarez Messi Neymar #fcblive

Expected lineup.

viper76

Its fair enough to disagree, and I am not saying I am absolutely correct. But why sentences like "are you 12?". It dosent address the question at hand:)

TO THE POINT: Youre argument is not very strong as far as I can see. Why: The problem isnt ONE loss, not all all, the genuine problem is the totality of things. Frame it different: What has enrique done so far?

As I wrote:

"What I dont understand is this: We were promised something wonderful this summer, and we aint seeing anything of it.

Enrique, I considered him to be a saviour, but he looks like a school kid against ancelotti.

1. He was braggin about bringing "ball pressure" back to our game - guardiola style. We see nothing of it.

2. He was bragging about letting the best players play. Yeah, just right, Alves, pique, pedro...just horrible. And why busi over masch against real? We were ***** with xavi, busi, iniesta. Enrique dosent do what he preaches, thats hypocrit right there.

3. How is it possible to aloud Dani Alves to cross against the best ball players in the world - 15 times EVERY match. Thats the opposite of efficiency. Why cant enrique see it. I mean, under tata that was the exact point: no more crossing from Alves. He shouldnt Even be playing, montoya should have been used from day one.

4. Douglas started his first game in an away game we were supposed to win, we didnt, and douglas sucked to be honest. Point being: why didnt douglas make his debut in a game where we was already leading 5-0? Even sofa managers wouldnt do that sort of thing.

5. And there is so much more. We generally play weak football, and the material just isnt good enough. Alves? Pique? Roberto? Pedro? Xavi? Sorry, that isnt sufficient to win games at the highest level."

These are all valid points. He has done about everything wrong. He seems to be a kind of politician, says one thing, but dosent deliver.

More importantly: Apparantly certain people aint happy with the situation(as far as I understand Guillem Balague), the players lost some confidence in enrique after el classico. There was no plan, a terrible line up, and look very closely at the players that ended that match for barcelona: roberto, pedro, alves, pique, its simply way to weak.

People say mayhem is gonna come to barcelona, I agree. It probably will.

Enrique have done so many mistakes and lacks a generel plan. His line ups just dont add up. I am sorry to say it, but he should walk. If you disagree. Just fine. But no ad hominems please:)

+1

Home of Barca Fans