Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

raskolnikov

Its probably not quite alright to say, but I honestly think enrique should be sacked. As I explained earlier, he had done everything wrong. I expected so much more. He looks like another moyes. And credentials? A failure in rome and some ok results in la liga? We need a class coach soon. Not just a home grown kid for det sake of it.

Same could have been said about Rijkaard or Pep.

Schumi

Its probably not quite alright to say, but I honestly think enrique should be sacked. As I explained earlier, he had done everything wrong. I expected so much more. He looks like another moyes. And credentials? A failure in rome and some ok results in la liga? We need a class coach soon. Not just a home grown kid for det sake of it.

You are missing some very crucial aspects of the equation though.

1) No Suarez up to now.

2) Underperforming Iniesta.

3) Stupid Pique.

4) Atrocious Busquets.

5) Alves and Alba switching off at times costing us goals against PSG.

My point is that with the absence of Suarez, plus with so many starters underperforming, blaming Enrique is missing the target entirely.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Just give him a bit of time. Calling for him to be sacked now is just way too extreme.

frog-fcb

All use ones yapping looking enrique sacked who exactly would you want as our world class manager. At barca you cant just stroll in and change our style of play as tata found out even though when he did change things around in first half of season we won games and just got unlucky in the league with injuries etc. We need to stop comparing every manager to pep or wel never get nowere its an unneeded burden on our coaches

Lomar1o

You are missing some very crucial aspects of the equation though.

1) No Suarez up to now.

2) Underperforming Iniesta.

3) Stupid Pique.

4) Atrocious Busquets.

5) Alves and Alba switching off at times costing us goals against PSG.

My point is that with the absence of Suarez, plus with so many starters underperforming, blaming Enrique is missing the target entirely.

wasn't the situation the same and EVEN worse for tata? we crucified him, didn't we? we hated him, we couldn't forgive him that our precious possession was less against rayo. heh...

Schumi

Tata did far better than enrique so far. Sad fact.

A football team is primarily made of football players, not managers. You can bring in whatever manager you wish, if your players are not good enough, nothing will change. The role of managers is surely the most overrated factor in football.

Schumi

wasn't the situation the same and EVEN worse for tata? we crucified him, didn't we? we hated him, we couldn't forgive him that our precious possession was less against rayo. heh...

When did I say that Tata was at fault for last season? The thing that did us over were the multiple injuries, not Tata.

frog-fcb

Exactly plenty of positives for season we all needa give lucho a break an start to support our team win lose or draw

F

Flavia

A football team is primarily made of football players, not managers. You can bring in whatever manager you wish, if your players are not good enough, nothing will change. The role of managers is surely the most overrated factor in football.

This is very, very wrong. A great coach can do wonders even with a limited squad. The tactics played, motivation, fitness regime, etc, play a huge part.

Schumi

This is very, very wrong. A great coach can do wonders even with a limited squad. The tactics played, motivation, fitness regime, etc, play a huge part.

The only manager I can think of that has made a difference in recent years is Diego Simeone. Other than, clubs around Europe perform more or less in line with the money that they have.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The only manager I can think of that has made a difference in recent years is Diego Simeone. Other than, clubs around Europe perform more or less in line with the money that they have.

No.... Bielsa outperformed with Athletic's individual value in 11/12 and then greatly undermined it in 12/13. Paco Jemez is working with pretty much the bottom of the barrel at Rayo yet they've miraculously stayed up and done well every season with him in charge. An even more magnified case could be made for Eibar who broke their transfer record with Dani freaking Nieto though I don't know enough about the coaching system there to make a comment.

Coaches are absolutely crucial. It's not always dependent on the good/poor form of players because more often than not, players are dependent on the system. It's why Iniesta/Busi are struggling under Lucho and why Messi struggled under Tata. Compatibility with a system is imperative in football, otherwise it all falls apart.

Home of Barca Fans