Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

Schumi

Don't know what to say about this one. Could have had loads of goals but then again we lost and played awful.

How on earth did we play awful when we created so many chances? People are losing their shit because of the scoreline. Simple truth is that scorelines tell only half the truth and if that. Tonight we got fucked over by some atrocious luck and whoever doesn't this is not thinking straight.

Even our defense was good tonight, but Celta were uber-lucky to score from their first chance of the night. This cannot happen every game.

The real problems we had tonight, was rushing the game through the midfield, which was to be expected with a trio of Biscuits (who must be dropped) Rakitic and Rafinha.

The second problem that I locate, is that our forwards are a bit too eager to pass the ball to Messi at all times. Neymar and Suarez should be instructed to take more liberties in their game.

In any case, if we play like tonight, we can expect to be winning 9 games out of 10 at the very least.

sailor

Today my patience hit its limit, so let me throw up my old hidden anger :
1-Sell that fucking Alves while it's time to do it (always late on opponent's counter-attacks and...and...):throw:
2-The "mister" should define the 11 holders for the season.It looks like if he's trying all his different ideas on each game
3-Instruct the attacking squad to shoot inside the area and forget about their excessive unselfishness
4-Train wingers to make good crosses and attackers to use their "cabessa" to send the ball where it should be sent. Opponents' keepers get popular when they face Barca.:bash:
5-Tell this board to fucking use their time to assess the team not to chase ex-members to seek revenge and to stain the club's public image.
6-This team needs a real leader in locker-room ( Puyol's attitude is still uncovered).
7-2 defeats in a row is something that could happen, but if it's in the Camp Nou against a team that received most defeats in his history against Barca, is just inacceptable.
:badday::unwell2::angry:

Darko

The worst thing is that they gave us so much space, we are supposed to struggle against parked buses but demolish teams that play like Celta played today.

Zuess99

Post match interview

Luis Enrique: "I preferred to have more control, but against this Celta you could expect a game like this."

Luis Enrique: "Many things can be better but the team kept on fighting until the end. We had enough chances, but ball didn't want to go in."

Luis Enrique: "There's an interesting week coming up. Hunting season is open..."

"Defeats always cause doubts. We have to see what we can improve. I'd sign to have that many chances each game though."

Luis Enrique: "We don't feel more comfortable without than with the ball, we train to have possession and dominate the game."

The reason enrique should get sacked isnt because of this match in particular. But the totality of his choices. There is just nothing there. Line ups, substitutions, pressure, tactics...He gets everything wrong. I my opinion its fair to generalize at this point. It will soon be december and we havent seen anything.

ebc_99

We could have scored 6 or 7 goals with better finishing, these things happen. We are not at the level we should be but I am not worried by tonight's performance. Suarez look really good and when we get him fit and integrated we will be much stronger.

rixxer

what a meltdown in here. But it was expected, two losses in a row is hard to take. Yeah, a loss against Real was deserved, but today it was not. Certainly, Barca lacked control, but again, with Rafinha-Bus-Rakitic it was a bit expected. Two of them are new to the team and have not really played as controllers before. Not gonna say that we were playing particularly good, but as the balance of power has shifted from midfield to attack,(and thus Barca is actually bit more entertaining) but relies a lot of on finishing the moves. It did not happen today, mostly because of luck, mostly because of last ditch efforts from Celta players and mostly because of overplaying in the box (especially Suarez). Celta got many times between the lines but actually threatened before their a bit lucky goal a little (one set piece comes to mind).

I think it is time to get used to that we will suffer a lack of control if xavi and iniesta are not playing. Something has to give if those great footballers are not available. Rakitic is actually counterattacking midfielder, at least more than a controller and it seems to me Enrique is realizing it as well. Against certain opponents the control will not be there and we need different game plan. But the work is still in progress and it is evident that we are looking smth, but have not yet found it.
I am personally satisfied that there is a variety how we play, and we are creating chances because our attacking weapons, but much more worrisome are those moments of hesitation, both in attack and in defence and these are costly. It really shows that players are not automatically sure how to play. Transition in progress and hiccups everywhere. Really a new picture.
Such a great start to the season confused some people, and let us forget that it is really a transformation year. Still, the core is strong and we are competitive enough.

Busi-Messi Barca

We could have scored 6 or 7 goals with better finishing, these things happen. We are not at the level we should be but I am not worried by tonight's performance. Suarez look really good and when we get him fit and integrated we will be much stronger.

Agree Luis looked sharper than he expected. The only positive note I can take from the game. Busi looked lostand Rakitic and Rafinha looked scared to make a decision of their own. pitiful performance, glad I didn't pay to watch this shite....

L

linetty

W3VlG9v.jpg

Home of Barca Fans