Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

Schumi

Nightmarish result but great performance. If we can average 14 shots inside the box every game, we will be one strong team. Oddly we'll probably have 4-0 results this season with worse performances than today.

Defense besides Alves seemed very solid as well. Very unlucky to not have a clan sheet. I'm looking forward to see how we do against Ajax

I tend to agree. I have seen us play far worse (and far less energetically) than this and still come out 5-0 winners in the previous years.

Absolutely nothing fell for us tonight, and everything did for Celta. Just fuck it...

barcanuck

so we blame the midfield for no creativity, praise the front three for creating so many chances, but blame Lucho for them missing it. am i the only one confused for who we are blaming here?

Good point, all our confidence and clean sheet records went out the window when Real trampled us. Everyone can be better.

Devils

Lucho's Barca summed up:

View attachment 6717

Is it worth even having a discussion about this? Literally EVERYTHING is wrong.

Defence, midfield, attack, coaching, upper management...you name it, it's all rot at the moment.

DrPepper

Since we're not winning big matches these are the games you need to win to have a realistic chance at winning the league title. Damn...

Mika94

Very unlucky today, although the team did seem out of vision sometimes. Hope they'll get back in form after two games lost in a row...

Neeraj

I knew I'd see some smug posts here about how we played alright and were just unlucky, else everything is dandy. I think comments like that are laughable and show a lack of understanding of the game. We were shambolic. I've seen us play worse games than this in the last couple of years, but i must admit, I have never seen such a pathetic midfield performance...I think...since..I'm not even sure when I can go back to.

I often asked people about how good Rafinha actually is, sans hype, and every time I see him, he doesn't show anything. He was ridiculously bad today. Rakitic continued his downward slope after his bright start to the season and the usual suspect Alves was terrible. It seems like we play with 10 men now, what with Biscuits contributing almost nothing, in attack, defense or midfield.

The most worrying part is Lucho. I have refrained from commenting on him till now because I know its early, but so far he hasn't shown anything, and has been very disappointing in all aspects - lineups, strategy, motivation, substitutions, all of it.

I was telling a friend before the game that this is one of those match weeks in the season that you will look back on and mark out for its importance in the end result. Losing the clasico, following which Madrid rip their next opponent a new one, you lose yet another game, this time at home, loseany confidence remaining, lose top spot to Madrid - all of a sudden, it's a mini crisis.

I thought the defense was alright for the most part (apart from the goal of course), and we really should be more clinical in our finishing, the keeper had an insane game, agreed, but some of those chances need to be buried more clinically. With a midfield performance like that though, you really begin to worry about our near future...With a transfer ban, crap defenders, no great depth in the front line post the big 3, and now, literally no midfielder who is world class or performing at a top level, make no mistake, this is the starting of a real tough period for us.

slvtn

what? We are utter shit

That's too hard. They hit the post three times and Messi was damn unlucky today.Let's face this: the same thing like today will happen more often this season unless we find another option for the gameplay. And I don't like to say this, but if it's going to stay like that, Barca is just in a period of mediocreness. They have so much more potential, but they need to improve.

Well i wont say that i didnt say that the Writing was on the wall and have been saying for a large amount of the season, not many want to see it though, i guess now you do.
And Busquets what is he bringing to the pitch? what does he do? arg poor,poor performance.

kilian

Our midfield was utter shit today. What the fuck was that? Lucho has some serious problems with his game plan and if he continues like that he will end up like Martino. We couldn`t control the midfield because our midfielders were too far from Mathieu, Masch or Busquets when he had the ball. It was ridiculous. Messi was very often deeper than Rafinha and Rakitic. How can you control midfield like that. It`s like they didn`t know what is their role in the system and to be honest I am not either. Definitely not playmaking.

Busquets again made some catastrophic mistakes in positioning when Celta went into counterattacks and aggression. He was one of the players at fault when Celta scored. He goes in duels too soft and lets the guy with the ball to do what he wants. I am really pissed off to see same shit over and over again. The guy was very good when the midfield trio was ruling the world and controling the games as they wanted, but today is another story and he is not in world class form. Not even near it.

All in all, same shit we are seeing for last couple of years. World class individuals, but average team with a bad and non - efficient game plan.

Last edited:

Culeinho

Another defensive mistake by Mascherano. I still dont understand why a club of our stature is playing a quality def mid as a makeshift CB??? Utterly ridiculous. That game was brutal to watch I thought. Barca hasnt got style. I normally love watching Barca but not so much lately and I didnt enjoy todays game at all. People will say we were unlucky but we were poor too. Also no urgency off the ball or with it. No pressing. No imagination. It doesnt look like the players are enjoying playing and Lucho looks way out of his depth. The image of him stood on the touchline with a lost expression on his face straight after their goal kinda sums up my feelings on him... We have arguable the best footballer the World has ever seen but we arent appointing World Class managers (since Pep). What a waste.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Don't know what to say about this one. Could have had loads of goals but then again we lost and played awful.

viper76

Previous time Barcelona lost 2 consecutive Liga games was in May 2009 #fcblive [via mrchip]

Celta have won their 1st Liga game at the Camp Nou tonight #fcblie Previous Liga away win was in 1942, at Les Corts stadium [via @latdp]

we are 3rd and if sevilla and valencia win their games tomorrow we will be 5th its just great

Home of Barca Fans