Lliga: FC Barcelona - Celta de Vigo 0-1

footyfan

Calma, calma
I really enjoyed that game despite the loss. When the 4 forwards were on it was so much fun to watch.

On another day, Barca would've won 5-1.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I really enjoyed that game despite the loss. When the 4 forwards were on it was so much fun to watch.

On another day, Barca would've won 5-1.

Yep. Even i did too. Our basic idea is a flaw though. We should switch to 3 at back so that full backs can cover the wings. Midfielders baby sitting alves and alba is not at all working.

----------Bravo---------
Bartra Masch Mathieu
-----Rakitic Busi------
Alves-----------Alba---
---------Messi----------
-----Suarez Neymar---

Problem is there is no place for Iniesta in this formation. But in order to play all 3 forwards centrally we have to sacrifice some players. I am not sure this formation will work with our "style" too. But if we play 4 at back line then midfielders have to cover wide players so that full backs can occupy wings while forwards can operate centrally. But the problem is we are not creating enough chances for our front line like this. I honestly don't know what is the best formation for our current set of players. It feels too imbalanced.

With the current board i am not confident that they will make good signings even if the transfer ban was lifted. These are dark times for barca. Until 2016 there are very little chances of winning anything.

Last edited:

Kasperroed

I think we saw yesterday, how much Pedro really can offer for MSN. He is so much more dangerous than Alves (he is a striker/winger, i know).

Xavi did quite well on the offensive midfield.

Rackitic worked his ass off, but he was really not creative enough in that match. Lacked confidence?

Alves did close-to-nothing right.

Suarez is NO winger, and he HAS to play in the centre.

Now guys, take a look at Bayern Münich. 3-4-3 formation. 3 solid defenders, 2 wingers, 2 central midfielders (one more offensive minded and one more defensive minded) and 3 up top. The 3-4-3 formation can easyli be tweaked into a 3-4-1-2 formation. I think we should try it out.

------------ Bravo
- Bartra | Mascherano | Mathieu
Pedro | Rackitic | Busquets | Alba
------------ Messi
------ Suarez | Neymar

Pedro and Alba going wide and creating space. Rackitic going up next to Messi when attacking creating more danger in that area (two players who can really shoot and pass a ball). Busquets right behind them.

Also in counter-attacks this team would work really well due to the speed of Alba, Pedro, and MSN.

Last edited:
L

linetty

B1ZAczOCQAAQhp1.png

"We will be free"

L

linetty

I thought we played well our finishing just let us down.
I feel sorry for you if you think we played well because I wanted to cry during the game, we were so bad, woeful, Celta mesmerized us with 1 touch football

We could've won the game 4, 5-1 but generally the team was a complete mess. No control at all in midfield

L

linetty

Why don't we try Masch-Samper-Iniesta?
Because things going on at Barca aren't right and Busquets will play even if he has to run around with a tissue in his hand :)facepalm:)

Samper>Busquets clearly now.

Anyway, 2 years is not that much after all... ;)

Kasperroed

Why don't we try Masch-Samper-Iniesta?

Because it really does'nt matter. When the midfielders have to cover up for the backs all the time, they will look bad. No matter who it is in our team.

We have to make a big change in the tactics - not just put other players on the field.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Because it really does'nt matter. When the midfielders have to cover up for the backs all the time, they will look bad. No matter who it is in our team.

We have to make a big change in the tactics - not just put other players on the field.

Yeah, those FB covering wide midfielders are pure mess.

BarçAjax8

I think we saw yesterday, how much Pedro really can offer for MSN. He is so much more dangerous than Alves (he is a striker/winger, i know).

Xavi did quite well on the offensive midfield.

Rackitic worked his ass off, but he was really not creative enough in that match. Lacked confidence?

Alves did close-to-nothing right.

Suarez is NO winger, and he HAS to play in the centre.

Now guys, take a look at Bayern Münich. 3-4-3 formation. 3 solid defenders, 2 wingers, 2 central midfielders (one more offensive minded and one more defensive minded) and 3 up top. The 3-4-3 formation can easyli be tweaked into a 3-4-1-2 formation. I think we should try it out.

------------ Bravo
- Bartra | Mascherano | Mathieu
Pedro | Rackitic | Busquets | Alba
------------ Messi
------ Suarez | Neymar

Pedro and Alba going wide and creating space. Rackitic going up next to Messi when attacking creating more danger in that area (two players who can really shoot and pass a ball). Busquets right behind them.

Also in counter-attacks this team would work really well due to the speed of Alba, Pedro, and MSN.
I like everyone's style. If we can't have Pep we can at least have his ideas :pep:

I love the ideas. They're all well and good but the problem will still be the training and moves we'll need the players to execute won't come across. The problem is the core of our squad (Dani, Pique, Mascherano, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pedro) are the remnants of Pep's team. Players chosen and molded to play a style we don't play anymore. The best players are ones who can adapt and improve themselves to be useful for each new manager as Puyol/Xavi had but the ones who can't need to be moved on. With the transfer ban this is going to be impossible to do so we're in a really tough spot.

Lucho needs to have the balls to make the right decisions now... he threw away eeeeeeverything he had built thus far in his Clasico lineup. His constant rotation also isn't helping us form a core XI to work around. Midfield creativity is being sacrificed for fullbacks pace which actually exposes more of our weakness rather than pressure our opposition. Lucho has to sort all of this out otherwise we could get beat worse than 7-0.

I feel sorry for you if you think we played well because I wanted to cry during the game, we were so bad, woeful, Celta mesmerized us with 1 touch football

We could've won the game 4, 5-1 but generally the team was a complete mess. No control at all in midfield

I feel the same way. Even if those crossbar shots went in, we played like complete crap. Looked like a Fifa 15 online match.

The 300 passes around the box and trying to walk the ball into the net is the problem. Everybody now knows how to play against it .
Neymar plays a completely different and more direct game for Brazil as does Suarez for Uruguay.
Messi is the problem at Barca .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Because Iniesta is scared to play inside opponents half and he's finished, sell now while we can get good money for him.
Midfield should be Masch / Messi and Rakatic , its going to happen eventually so give it a try now.

Messi will never play in midfield for Barca unless we play with 3 DMs. His off the ball movement and marking are non-existent already, there is no way he could be a CM. Xavi at 34 runs twice as much as him.

Messi will never play in midfield for Barca unless we play with 3 DMs. His off the ball movement and marking are non-existent already, there is no way he could be a CM. Xavi at 34 runs twice as much as him.

Play him behind both strikers then, because they are being ruined playing to his style.

Home of Barca Fans