Lliga: Eibar - Barça 0-2

L

linetty

It wasnt so much that Barta got out paced in that situation its that he defended it poorly.

He had two real options in that scenario - hold back from tackle and try to cut off the run better or just clean Bale out. He did neither he made a moved to try and win ball and Bale was gone.

It was naive defending more than a glaring weakness in pace, Barta made it a race by his defending.

He doesnt look slow to me anyway.
Yeah, I agree. And he learned from this, I can recall a similar situation this season and he went for a foul.

Linetty

I never play games and never will. That got nothing to do with the argument anyway.

I simply claim that mathieu is faster and a better candidate Than bartra in el classico. And thats most likely the way enrique sees it. If busquets is ready bartra will be in the stands - as usual.

I think mathieu Gets more shit here Than he deserves. He was our best defender by far until october, and hasnt exactly been the worst defender in the world since that time neither. Overall he has been better Than alves and equal to alba. Pique and maybe masch has been better.

He is no barcaplayer, he cant handle the ball, his passes suck. But he brings physicality, speed and tackles.

Sometimes I Get the feeling that its illegal to prefer poor old malboro man mathieu instead of bartra. Is it the la masia factor? Everything from la masia isnt exactly first class. Bartra is definitely not, we are not talking varane here.

Mathieu is a good player at his best, and deserves the spot if busi is out.

Bucky

Penya Member
To be fair Heisenberg I was going to say exactly the same thing as linetty because as I read your comment the words uttered that of a FIFA kid, sorry but whether or not you actually play games, the first thing that came to mind was that as the resemblance was uncanny.

Said it before, Mathieu had something to prove at the start and at times showed he was worth the transfer as he was defending very well. However he has dipped in form and I would not risk him in big games. He's become a bit of a liability. I don't think it's that we don't like him, at least I don't mind him but would choose Piqué, Bartra, Masch over him any day.

My choice is nothing to do with La Masia, you can clearly see Bartra is stepping up his game and made some great blocks & defensive brilliance.

Bartra > Varane, in my opinion. No bias, I like Varane and also watching him too.

vinni

Mathieu, Bartra.. Bartra, Mathieu... It seems a toss up too me. They seem about even. Mathieu got experience. Bartra have his youth and both can make a mess out of it. Ill just trust the coach with this choice.

Bucky

If you got the FIFA kid association, thats ok I guess. But Its totally irrelevant and a fallacy - "guilt by association" as you should know.

All I am saying is that I prefer mathieu instead of bartra. Nothing wrong with that. At least enrique does the same.

Varane vs bartra. Different class in my opinion. Talent wise. But varane has some off periods.

raskolnikov

Just play like this:

Bravo

Montoya Pique Bartra Adriano
Rakitic
Xavi Rafinha
Messi Suarez Neymar

We get the 3 points and move on to the big games.

BBZ8800

Our two fullbacks don't play and people would now want to see even Bartra, for us to have 3 players in the back line who are not in the starting 11.
Plus, a Dmc infront of them who don't usually play (either Masch or Rakitic)
Ok, we play against Eibar, but still.

Anyway, about resting both Mathieu and Masch, nothing guarantees that we will win against Real with Mathieu and Masch.
In the worst case scenario, we will lose points against Eibar because we are saving/resting too many players (plus missing Alves, Alba, Busi) for City and Real.
And after that, we can still draw/lose to Real.

I personally wouldn't gamble THAT mush against Eibar.
Either Mathieu or Masch needs to play, but with caution and trying not to get a yellow card.

Plus, of course that Ney-Suarez-Messi need to play.

Alik

Our two fullbacks don't play and people would now want to see even Bartra, for us to have 3 players in the back line who are not in the starting 11.
Plus, a Dmc infront of them who don't usually play (either Masch or Rakitic)
Ok, we play against Eibar, but still.

Anyway, about resting both Mathieu and Masch, nothing guarantees that we will win against Real with Mathieu and Masch.
In the worst case scenario, we will lose points against Eibar because we are saving/resting too many players (plus missing Alves, Alba, Busi) for City and Real.
And after that, we can still draw/lose to Real.

I personally wouldn't gamble THAT mush against Eibar.
Either Mathieu or Masch needs to play, but with caution and trying not to get a yellow card.

Plus, of course that Ney-Suarez-Messi need to play.

Mathieu isn't a starting 11 player though. He is higher in the pecking order than Bartra, but both of them aren't part of the starting 11 and there isn't much difference in quality between them.

Masch should definitely not play imo. Mathieu is fine, because even if he does get suspended there isn't much difference between him and Bartra.

L

linetty

Bravo
Montoya Pique Bartra Adriano
Rakitic
Xavi Iniesta
Messi Suarez Neymar

Home of Barca Fans