Lliga: Eibar - Barça 0-2

Bucky

Penya Member
Mighty iron man

No trolling. Mathieu is a better option against real if masch is a no go.

He is fast, has physicality, and tackles well. Remember that he was our best defender until the real match/injury.

I like bartra, but he plays too seldom. Would be kind of a risk playing Him against top sides.

Anyways, based on enriques decisions this season bartra will at best be on the bench.

I would have agreed with you at the beginning of the season when Mathieu had something to prove but he's often been caught with his pants around his ankles. Bartra on the other hand has been hitting some strides recently and has put in solid performances. I've been watching Mathieu and I've cringed so many times the turn of this year. He's not in the best of form right now so I wouldn't risk starting him in a big game.

Indeed, with Enrique at the helm it's obvious he doesn't seem to yet trust Bartra but like so many other like minded fans, we trust in Bartra. He's a keeper, one for the future.

*As above, with the likes of Ronaldo & Bale, is Mathieu really going to stand a chance? Highly doubt it. I'll give him credit, he's tall and can put some good blocks in but he needs to be focused and on the ball. It honestly gives me chills thinking about him starting in the Clasico.

gatsu

Mathieu did best at the pre season tests as far as I know, and is known to be a fast player. Maybe I am not correct about this, but it is my impression.

Being fast was never a sufficient factor, no, against Madrid and their high pressing, you need to be good in the first pass choice, you need to read perfectly the game (anticipation, positioning and movement), Mathieu offers none of that, unfortunately he is for unknown reasons our third cb.

As for the classico, no reason to fear them we are clearly better, hell even in the away match we could have won easily if not for individual and silly mistakes.

KingLeo10

walk in and see heisenberg is at it again with galactic proportions of pessimism. i like how he completely discounts real's recent form and city's recent form while micro- and overanalyzing our recent "shortcomings".

beogatts

against eibar, mathieu should be enuf to replace masch.
one match at a time. who knows if another player gets injured in this match. :(

hardyboy

----------------------Bravo----------------------

Montoya-----Bartra----------Pique--------Adriano

Rakitic------------Mascharano---------Iniesta

Messi-------------Suarez-----------Neymar

Asylum15

I can't for the life of me figure out why you would bench Neymar who missed the Rayo game and bench Suarez who missed the first 4 months of the season.

Because we play our two most difficult games 4 days apart next week?

Suarez has played a lot lately as-well, some rest would be beneficial.

raki

Because we play our two most difficult games 4 days apart next week?

Suarez has played a lot lately as-well, some rest would be beneficial.

We cant go easy on Eibar. Th 1st place was very hard to achieve.

Full power, settle the game and then rest some key players.

khaled_a_d

----------------------Bravo----------------------

Montoya-----Bartra----------Pique--------Adriano

Rakitic------------Mascharano---------Iniesta

Messi-------------Suarez-----------Neymar

Mascherano 1 yellow away from suspension in Classico .better rest him that game tbh

Barcadub

I think Masch will definetly be rested.

Remember Lucho reminding him about the yellow card situation in the copa dey Rey semi final? And then he took him off.

I doubt he will risk it.

EdmondDantes

We really need to assess who is at risk through suspension and who is fatigued. All the while bearing in mind the game is worth 3 points like any other. There is no room for failure. After this we have a crucial week with 2 big games coming up.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Mascherano shouldn't play. We are completely screwed if he gets suspended for the Clasico so there is no point in risking it. Would mean that he gets a rest before the two big games.

Bucky

Penya Member
Exactly, hope Lucho doesn't play a team with such risks. Can only hope he doesn't gamble as we'll need them for the big game next week.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Rakitic in DM? could work

Against Eibar I think we can risk it purely because Masch cannot get suspended. They won't attack us as much so a true DM isn't so needed so much.

In the big games Rakitic needs to be in the 'Xavi role' so he can have more impact and give us more defensive coverage and workrate on that side so that it is more solid. Also against the Madrids of the world we will have to defend slightly more and Masch is one of the best, if not the best, defensive midfielder in the world.

PS. All of this is assuming Busis absence.

Home of Barca Fans