Lliga: Eibar - Barça 0-2

Kohe321

This game has banana peel written all over it. Extremely important games follow it, Eibar is a relegation candidate and on a poor run of form to boot. This absolutely means that the players must NOT take this game for granted, or somehow subconciously have their focus on the game against City or Madrid that follows it.

Eibar is, after all, a La Liga team, and their potential top level at home is pretty high. They could always suddenly have a good game, and if they somehow score and then proceed to defend in an organized way, we could see another Malaga game.

I really hope Lucho repeats ad-nauseum how important this game is to the players. We absolutely can't afford to lose this one. Win this, and then shift the focus 100% over to City.

Andrew M

I think Eibar are on a losing run of 7 games.

Their pitch also makes Granada's look like a golfing green

Kohe321

I think Eibar are on a losing run of 7 games.

Their pitch also makes Granada's look like a golfing green

Yeah, that's a problem for us. We need to change our style to one we're not that comfortable with in order to cope with their pitch, a bit like the Granada game but worse. They are used to it.

Hopefully it doesn't rain...

Kohe321

They've recently had the surface changed. Don't know how it looks now.

That's very good news if it's true.

soccer_g_xavi_mb_576.jpg

L

linetty

Mighty iron man

No trolling. Mathieu is a better option against real if masch is a no go.

He is fast, has physicality, and tackles well. Remember that he was our best defender until the real match/injury.

I like bartra, but he plays too seldom. Would be kind of a risk playing Him against top sides.

Anyways, based on enriques decisions this season bartra will at best be on the bench.
Mathieu crumbles under pressure, his legs get soft when Ronaldo runs at him.... Bartra was good last time in the Clasico

Asylum15

I'm tired of this 'Bartra is a turtle' shit. Pace is not everything if you read the game well. And he's not slow at all.

Try harder, Heisenberg. It's not fucking FIFA or PES.

Worth noting that in that particular incident where Bale scored, Bartra did not try to match him for pace, but seemingly foul/block him. He made an elementary defensive error, rather than being wildly outpaced like some would claim.

L

linetty

Worth noting that in that particular incident where Bale scored, Bartra did not try to match him for pace, but seemingly foul/block him. He made an elementary defensive error, rather than being wildly outpaced like some would claim.
Agreed. Also, being outpaced by Gareth Bale is not suprising. I think Bartra got some muscle problem few minutes before the 'race' though. ;)

JamDav1982

Agreed. Also, being outpaced by Gareth Bale is not suprising. I think Bartra got some muscle problem few minutes before the 'race' though. ;)

It wasnt so much that Barta got out paced in that situation its that he defended it poorly.

He had two real options in that scenario - hold back from tackle and try to cut off the run better or just clean Bale out. He did neither he made a moved to try and win ball and Bale was gone.

It was naive defending more than a glaring weakness in pace, Barta made it a race by his defending.

He doesnt look slow to me anyway.

Home of Barca Fans