0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Fuego-0-0-0
0-Parejo-0-0-0-A.Gomez-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Feghouli-0-0-0-0-0-Rodrigo
0-0-0-P.Alcacer-0-0-0
[/formation]

Suarez's nick in the VAL forums is apparently the tooth-man . :lol:

Mustafi is suspended for the game against us :)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Dani-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

gatsu

The game was away, it was a CL QF, and there are less than 72 hours between the two games.

While we may not have gone 100% against PSG, we were at least 80% for the vast majority of the match.

You have a point, but seriously I still want us to go with full force against Valencia, we can always rotate after securing the match.

@Mehssi:

Didn't know you were from Morocco, nice.

barcanuck

I want to see Lucho pump out a similar shock formation like he did against PSG at home in the group stages:

Bravo
Bartra - Pique - Mathieu
Masche - Busi
Rakitic - Alba
M - S - N

hardyboy

I want to see Lucho pump out a similar shock formation like he did against PSG at home in the group stages:

Bravo
Bartra - Pique - Mathieu
Masche - Busi
Rakitic - Alba
M - S - N

This is one of the most important game of the season. There's no need for experiments..

klc123

The game was away, it was a CL QF, and there are less than 72 hours between the two games.

While we may not have gone 100% against PSG, we were at least 80% for the vast majority of the match.

The only player that needs resting is Iniesta, who looked tired in the PSG game.
The team sheet you suggested is far too weak to start against Valencia.
We can lose 2-0 at home against PSG and still go through, we have to beat Valencia.

Bravo
Alves Pique Mathieu Alba
Busquets
Rakitic/Rafinha Xavi
MSN

Only debate for me is who to start alongside Xavi. Xavi should definitely start for me, in the last few games he has been our best midfielder, we look like a different team with him on the pitch given how poor Iniesta has been.

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
I'm just peeved that once again Sky skip on the match because it's a 3pm KO so we only get highlights at 9pm-10pm.

If anyone knows how to get Canal+ in the UK that'd be greatly appreciated!

Mido

This can become a tough tough game.

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mascherano-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Dani-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Yup this line-up, Xavi instead of Iniesta and Alves will be enough to refresh the squad.

Mido

He was moving all over the pitch at one point he was LB as well.

The idea was basically to make him play as a pivot in the very first phases of the build up an then let either Alves or Alba go forward and Mascherano immediately provided coverage for them. Messi then went on to the midfield to build up with Xavi and Busquets and Alves or Alba provided openings on their wing.

I believe this was designed to avoid massive counter-attacks , have more control of the game and open up Valencia's defensive block.

It was very effective but also quite risky at some phases of the game.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans