Lionel Messi - v7

blaugrana1987

Koeman will be useful to clean house and instill discipline as a coach not terrified of the amigos.

If he can do that it will be a success for Barca moving forward.
hehe amigos, discipline, clean the house...it should be started from the board level. The guys that with 1B revenue have managed to ruin the club financially and are buying 30+ year olds in Pjanic and Wijnaldum to help us "compete".

JamDav1982

hehe amigos, discipline, clean the house...it should be started from the board level. The guys that with 1B revenue have managed to ruin the club financially and are buying 30+ year olds in Pjanic and Wijnaldum to help us "compete".

I agree board gave amigos too much power. Have said it all along.

Started this all too late.

xxxxxx

How much is Rakitic worth and how much Messi? And even Rakitic didn't go for free. In the end club will earn 10,5 mil. It's not even comparable! If Messi leaves for free club will be in a horrible financial position. Stop being FC Messi fan or change the forum. Club is above any player even if he is the GOAT.

We're in a shit financial situation even if Messi stays. We're in a mountain of debt and have no money to rebuild our squad. At least if we sold Messi, we could get around 120m euros, get his 1m a week off the books.... and we won't have to pay his massive bonuses for another year. It makes no sense at all.

How the hell am I being FC Messi if I'm saying Messi should leave? I'm thinking about the future of the club. Us haggling over a 9 month contract, especially when we could get good money for him.... is pretty stupid.

blaugrana1987

Barca will not be competing for CL next season but squad will not be as bad as 'Europa without Messi' which is often claimed.

Need to realise next season is about building for future as much as possible.... squad under a coach with authority, younger players getting minutes and older legs/wages reduced.

I would find that more enjoyable to watch than this season.
Or you know, squad that replaced young Arthur for 30 year old Pjanic and has 30 year old Wijnaldum on its sights. With coach that fell off with record number of players and almost got Everton relegated.

Depends on POV I guess...

Porque

:worthy:
Audicity of some of you. Seriously? CL winners? With fucking Wainaldum and Pjanic as additions to absolute shambless of a team? Koeman? The guy that almost got Everton relegated?

Barca fans are truly stupidest of the bunch. Just crazy amount of irrationality.

Replace Vidal and Rakitic with Wijnaldum and Pjanic and expect different results. Holy shit this board is bad for my health...

No I don't think we will win the CL, but I am just stating the amicable way to approach the current club crisis amid the current global crisis.

9 months on the contract, missed the release clause deadline and want to use the release clause to move to a team that the intention of that specific clause is not for. In that case, just leave after this season and give it one more go at Barcelona, prepare the fans for your exit and leave respectfully. Let's be honest, one more season at Barcelona is not a prison. Half way through this season Bartomeu will be gone.

About the sporting project. Koeman almost relegated Everton, well Rijkaard did relegate Rotterdam and his time here didn't end too bad. I am more interested in Koeman's status in Barcelona and his character rather than his personal coaching ability. He has selected good managerial team behind him to be the tactical brains like Ten Cate was.

We might and possibly will be terrible next season. But it is the first time we will have a coaching team outside the clutches of influence of our senior players who resist to get out of their comfort zone. And that for me is interesting.

A comfort zone infact that has been part of the cause of Messi acting how he is.

xxxxxx

Absolutely nothing solid about Messi leaving.
Feels more and more like a contract extention with a wage increase is coming.

We can't afford to give him a salary increase. Besides, an extra 200,000 a week isn't going to do anything for Messi, especially when he's already on 1m a week. He's got far too money.

JamDav1982

Or you know, squad that replaced young Arthur for 30 year old Pjanic and has 30 year old Wijnaldum on its sights. With coach that fell off with record number of players and almost got Everton relegated.

Depends on POV I guess...

Pjanic is better player than Arthur and midfield is younger when likes of Rakitic and Vidal go.

Replacing Arthur, Rakitic and Vidal with Puig, Pjanic and Wijnaldum is a much better place to be assuming likes of Busi also does not have same minutes.

Not ideal and need FDJ to step up as well and midfield to be built for him.

Raketa10

Yes, because on average we are just dumb. Seriously, replacing "old", "washed up" players people shat on for years here (Vidal and Rakitic) with 30+ year olds like Wajnaldum and Pjanic. And we have people expecting CLs...

Why don't you comment fucking terrible job board is doing with transfers? Is this seriously who we are bringing to help us win? FFS this club...

And who is claiming that Pjanic and Wajnaldum are good transfers? Basically no one. The club has no money, just deal with it. Pjanic was bought for 0 in order to balance books and Wajnaldum is probably one of the few affordable players on the market. Are they good enough? For sure not, but this board has brought us here. If Messi goes for free we wont have any money for transfers. So either we get some decent amount for Messi or we won't sign anyone this summer.

blaugrana1987

Pjanic is better player than Arthur and midfield is younger when likes of Rakitic and Vidal go.

Replacing Arthur, Rakitic and Vidal with Puig, Pjanic and Wijnaldum is a much better place to be assuming likes of Busi also does not have same minutes.

Not ideal and need FDJ to step up as well and midfield to be built for him.
Puig was here this season, so you could have replaced them with Puig anythime, but somehow he wasn't exactly 1st choice I wonder anyway.

Pjanic is not better then Arthur, he was used to balance books which entire world knows.

Devils

Arthur was less useful than a totally finished Rakitic lollll.

Pjanic and Gini will improve Barca's midfield significantly. Their ages are not the most ideal but Barca also doesn't have the funds to spend on top 25 year old midfielders.

MagIX

Ronaldo was more of a clown in his early days and more efficient and clutch later.
Depends on what do you rate: a pure effectiveness or "fun to watch".

In the video you posted, there isn't a single CL KO match goal for Messi, right?

No offense, but can you name 1-2 goals in Messi's whole career where:
1. He scored for a win in the last 10 minutes of a KO match in a CL/World cup/Copa America
2. He scored for 1:1 or 2:2 in CL/World cup in the last 5-10 minutes in KO matches

You can't.

His matches are either 4:0 wins or 0:3 defeats.

Points 1 and 2 wthat does it mean ? players who did not score in the last 10 min in ko match are not good or what ?
Messi is simply fun to watch ? For you Messi is a joke, a media hype, funny to see like a circus monkey, his statistics (goals, assists, key passes, chances creates, dribblings, play making,...) are not correct (because the team played only for him). It's only a minimize his qualities and downgrading Messi.
It is a unique praise, an unconditional love for CR, the only fault of cr (not even to do with soccer): he was a clown. At soccer level he doesn't have fault, he is the perfect player.

JamDav1982

Puig was here this season, so you could have replaced them with Puig anythime, but somehow he wasn't exactly 1st choice I wonder anyway.

Pjanic is not better then Arthur, he was used to balance books which entire world knows.

Puig got more minutes when Arthur 'left' so can effectively say he takes his spot.

Pjanic is without a doubt better than Arthur and is a professional which Arthur is not.

Balanced books for both clubs and Barca got better end of deal.

Barca midfield will have far more legs and be much better next season. Wait and see.

Home of Barca Fans