Lionel Messi - v7

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi doesn't need to, he compliments any team via his playmaking abilities and freekick taking. No one expects him to dribble his way through defenses anymore.

How is that working out for us even when every ball has to go through him? Good luck catching up with Mbappe or Sterling in a counter attack... And while no one expects Messi to dribble his way through defenses, he still thinks he's capable of doing it as you can see in every match he plays... So yeah, he won't magically learn how to play in a very different kind of football than what he's played the last 5+ seasons...

And don't get me started about defensive contribution...

Raketa10

IMHO City is the right choice for him. He would fit there much better than with Neymar in PSG. Pep has signed for 2 more years and Aguero is leaving at the end of season so No.10 is waiting for him. On top of that, I am sure he would regain his scoring capabilities in Manchester, and he for sure has 2 more seasons left in him.

Last edited:

eaman

There would be very little up side to joining psg. He would have maybe 3 attempts to win a champions league and we all know luck comes into that. Winning that is the only way he would enhance his legacy at that club. All he would have to do to enhance his legacy at city is score away at Burnley on a cold night

Raketa10

There would be very little up side to joining psg. He would have maybe 3 attempts to win a champions league and we all know luck comes into that. Winning that is the only way he would enhance his legacy at that club. All he would have to do to enhance his legacy at city is score away at Burnley on a cold night

Probably 2 attempts. I doubt he will sign for more than 2 years regardless of team he chooses. He will probably end his European career in 2023. After that he could play for a season or two in MLS.

Messigician

Clown club BACK AGAIN!

Jordi Farr?, has announced that he will giveaway tattoos and pizzas to all socios who vote for him in the presidential elections this January. @SiqueRodriguez #ElectionsFCB 🍕🗳

Hardy

current Messi wouldn't be the man in PSG, he would score sure less goals than Mbapp? and Neymar, he can dream to shot all freekicks there and penalty as well, winning the CL as "sidekick" wouldn't boost too much his legacy to be honest, people would say oh ok honey, you won the CL but you're not the man, you got carried. at City even a declined Messi could be the best scorer so it's different.

neo_wolf

I think City would be his best choice, Pep knows how to play someone like him and he trusts Pep, i think city would fit him best.
Fact is this barca is a mess in every area add to that Messi really does not want to be here, he knows his cycle here was done thats why he wanted to leave.

Blackened

Messi should join Dortmund. 4-2-3-1 with Haaland as a striker, Messi as 10 and Reus + Sancho in the wings. Would be the most entertaining attack in world football. 😎

serghei

Messi should join Dortmund. 4-2-3-1 with Haaland as a striker, Messi as 10 and Reus + Sancho in the wings. Would be the most entertaining attack in world football. ��

Dortmund can cover his wages for maybe 2 months out of a year. :lol:

He's too slow for 1-2s. One has to have ability to move with quickness for these plays, but Messi is slowest player at Barca. It's the same with him trying ridiculous dribbles that never work anymore. He refuses to believe he's past it.

He said he wanted to leave this summer to give space for the young ones.
He knows he's the oldest and he's trying his best. And probably, He is bore to play in this weak and inexperimented team.
With all the trashtelling outside of the pitch I know he hates football now. It was a passion, now it's not even a duty, it's a nightmare obligation. No happiness, no satisfaction (only big cash for fat nephews :blush:)

Last edited:

sikkboy

Hmmm, I wonder why? Source? Would also like to see the last five seasons too; I suspect the general trend is key passes rising, assists declining.

Home of Barca Fans