Lionel Messi - v7

Mitchell1978

Hmmm, I wonder why? Source? Would also like to see the last five seasons too; I suspect the general trend is key passes rising, assists declining.

according to Whoscored: 22 KP in 855 minutes in LL, and in the CL 16 in 360 minutes, total is 2,81 KP/P90

is lower then in 2018-19 i think

sikkboy

according to Whoscored: 22 KP in 855 minutes in LL, and in the CL 16 in 360 minutes, total is 2,81 KP/P90

is lower then in 2018-19 i think

Thanks. I did look at that site and wondered but mental arithmetic not good at this time of night. :lol: Yes, 2018-19 would be the 'blip' in the trends I guess.

Givenchy

I think City would be his best choice, Pep knows how to play someone like him and he trusts Pep, i think city would fit him best.
Fact is this barca is a mess in every area add to that Messi really does not want to be here, he knows his cycle here was done thats why he wanted to leave.

City look the best in terms of Messi slotting in but he'll get exposed big time in the PL.. pundits will be on his back the moment he starts walking around. at Barca hes been afforded all kinds of luxuries on and off the pitch, playing with his buddies, weak managers, walking and sulking - despite any negatives hes still Mr Barcelona for most of our fans

FinBarcelonafan

City look the best in terms of Messi slotting in but he'll get exposed big time in the PL.. pundits will be on his back the moment he starts walking around. at Barca hes been afforded all kinds of luxuries on and off the pitch, playing with his buddies, weak managers, walking and sulking - despite any negatives hes still Mr Barcelona for most of our fans

True. He should go to PSG..

Katarina1

Banned
City would be more exciting and potentially more rewarding if he actually does well there, but Paris is probably the smarter choice.

Valuable game for the likes of Mingueza too. To deal with a top 3 forward. Zero chances we get dunked imo. Only teams being able to stuff us on Camp Nou are Bayern and possibly Liverpool.

:facepalm:

Jadentheman

True. He should go to PSG..

He would be God in France. Nobody cares about City other than City fans.

Yes but you do know what happened to Neymar when he went to PSG. There will be a very notable performance decline for Messi if he takes a lateral move in terms of how people will enable his behavior along with the competition.

City will be tough, but it would allow Messi to apply some work rate again and silence the haters that he can't perform on any other team except Barcelona. If he goes to PSG the haters on social media will just say he's getting it way too easy. The world stage is the Premiership. There are more eyes on that league than all the other leagues combined.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yes but you do know what happened to Neymar when he went to PSG. There will be a very notable performance decline for Messi if he takes a lateral move in terms of how people will enable his behavior along with the competition.

City will be tough, but it would allow Messi to apply some work rate again and silence the haters that he can't perform on any other team except Barcelona. If he goes to PSG the haters on social media will just say he's getting it way too easy. The world stage is the Premiership. There are more eyes on that league than all the other leagues combined.

Neymar was in his prime years when he has gone to ligue 1 while Messi is nearly at the end of this career. If Messi joins PSG and wins the CL in next 2-3 years and scoring 20+ goals in ligue 1 he would already achieved everything there and his GOAT legacy will rise a lot. In city the PL could discover his weaknesses in terms of running and off ball movement. Imagine Messi goes there and fails to win PL/CL, his GOAT legacy will decrease.

JohnN

Neymar was in his prime years when he has gone to ligue 1 while Messi is nearly at the end of this career. If Messi joins PSG and wins the CL in next 2-3 years and scoring 20+ goals in ligue 1 he would already achieved everything there and his GOAT legacy will rise a lot. In city the PL could discover his weaknesses in terms of running and off ball movement. Imagine Messi goes there and fails to win PL/CL, his GOAT legacy will decrease.

His legacy is set in stone. He is 34. No one is gonna decide if he is the best ever at this age. If he adds something more at this stage that is another issue.

BBZ8800

Messi will be 34 next summer.
Even 34 years old Cr7 would struggle in EPL.
And Messi is miles behind him in terms of a physical shape.

I don't understand how you guys still believe that Messi can regain his form.

He is done, that's nature.

In 12 Months, he will probably be a sub in any European team who gets 10-20 minutes at the end of a match and he will be a turnover machine.

By the summer of 2022, any European team will break the contract and release him to Usa/Japan/Quatar.

If you think that he is bad this year, wait for the next season.
90% of football fans will beg him to quit football and not ruin his legacy with his finished physique and horrible performances.

Whatever you see today, it will be several times worse in the next season.

He will have a role of a 39 years old Totti.

FinBarcelonafan

His legacy is set in stone. He is 34. No one is gonna decide if he is the best ever at this age. If he adds something more at this stage that is another issue.

His legacy is set in stone with Barcelona, in Spain. If he goes to England, everybody will talk about Messi Vs Ronaldo. Yada yada. This could blow up on his face. PSG he has only something to win. He can win few French titles and IF he wins the CL he will be the biggest hero ever. To me the upside playing for PSG is much higher and downside smaller. PSG is known as the Europe choker. City is choker too but with much higher expectations to provide CL, yet nobody would give a shit If city wins it.

I think he is too old for PL at this point. Couple years ago? Sure. Not now.

I assume Messi would prefer to live in France over England too.

Home of Barca Fans