Leroy Sane

serghei

That is what happens when you give a great young talent lots of chances at a big club and not play guys like Vidal instead :coffee:

So true. I remember him taking some time to adjust, but he keeps getting better and better under Guardiola. I think him surpassing both Mbappe and Dembele ain't that far fetched. Guardiola is developing him more than any other manager could. And he plays in a tough league that is bound to improve him.

With all their money they could have went for an established player, but still chose to insist with this young winger. And the reward could be massive in the next 2-3 years.

Compare that with Valverde keeping Dembele on the bench and playing Vidal. It's like night and day.

Last edited:

ASordidGod

He's certainly effective, and I do like him as a player, but he's fairly limited. Pace gets him in behind, and he either crosses or shoots. Helps he has Silva behind him feeding him in all game long. Needs to improve finishing and passing for me. But yeah, a real prospect.

LeeRomeno

Ffs, comments here. Did Sane join City and then injured himself for half a season and then in his return slipped in every game and looked unimpressive in many ways?
No he was good already when he started playing in city and there was no reason to bench him.

khaled_a_d

So true. I remember him taking some time to adjust, but he keeps getting better and better under Guardiola. I think him surpassing both Mbappe and Dembele ain't that far fetched. Guardiola is developing him more than any other manager could. And he plays in a tough league that is bound to improve him.

With all their money they could have went for an established player, but still chose to insist with this young winger. And the reward could be massive in the next 2-3 years.

Compare that with Valverde keeping Dembele on the bench and playing Vidal. It's like night and day.

Dembele was starter when he came,got injured twice and we are in tough patch while he is still out of form

serghei

Dembele was starter when he came,got injured twice and we are in tough patch while he is still out of form

Yea, but even so, it is impressive how much of a progress Sane made this season. The point is that Dembele should start at least all the easier La Liga games. That's the only way he will get better.

LeeRomeno

Yea, but even so, it is impressive how much of a progress Sane made this season. The point is that Dembele should start at least all the easier La Liga games. That's the only way he will get better.

And there are plenty of those games coming up in times that are not as crucial as now. Wtf is up with the impatience.

Sterlingfan2000

He's certainly effective, and I do like him as a player, but he's fairly limited. Pace gets him in behind, and he either crosses or shoots. Helps he has Silva behind him feeding him in all game long. Needs to improve finishing and passing for me. But yeah, a real prospect.

He just defeats 3 Defenders for fun and today he defeated 5 Chelsea Defenders in one run. There's only one or two guys who can do that, it's Messi and maybe Neymar.

ASordidGod

Well I wasn't being sarcastic, I really do think he's got great potential. I just feel he's a bit predictable sometimes, and needs to improve certain aspects of his game.

Truthist

I remember they played Spurs and the commentators were saying how good Trippier has been and he will nullify Sane blah blah.

He absolutely ripped him to shreds, tore him a new one and I don't think poor Trippier has still recovered.

You can't go one on one with this guy.

Imagine Valverde at City, he would have kept playing Nolito over him.

Barca83

Banned

He's already streets ahead of Demfraud

Givenchy

This could well be true.. Dembele and especially Mbappe have been hyped to the high heavens and although there was hype around Sane i don't remember him being talked up to those levels.

Pep is the difference maker for sure, look at how Mourinho is managing Martial (equally talented imo) compared to Sane

jamrock

Sane is what happens when you have a progressive minded coach who can make Sterling look WC

Valverde is no pep, no coach in the world is pep, even coman looked like the shit when he was under pep

Dembele's Injuries held him back & valverde.

Also yes dembele is/was better than sane, look at them in Germany.

Home of Barca Fans