La Liga Round 2: Barca - Cadiz 2-0

ajnotkeith

Not that many clear chances for Liverpool. And even then, it's a CL final. Poor defenses don't get to CL finals so your argument is a losing one already.
They just objectively did. They had some of the worst defensive stats in the tournament and conceded an incredible number of chances, getting through ties because of their insane offense.
Did you just say that out of your ass or do you have any evidence to actually back it?

I saw you mention xG on another post... pretty sure they lost on xG in almost all of their games.

ajnotkeith

Serghei thinks it's the system that made Gundogan look good.

Ajno said the same about Rodri.

Seems they both believe pep adds a premium to his players, what we all know is true.

But I disagree with both re those players.

Who
1. were very good at previous clubs
2. are very good for the national teams.
3. just class players.

Outside fans said the same thing about Xavi and iniesta.

Truly World class players shine in any system, a perfected one is simply icing on top.

Lesser players require certain formations and setup to get the best out of them, which is why Xavi is better than pirlo for example.

As of now taking age out of it because I still think he has 1.5 season left in the tank, gundogan is easily the best midfielder at the club.
Rodri is top quality, but I think Pep is adding a lot of value to him in the system.

Only natural though because he is the GOAT manager.

Home of Barca Fans