La Liga Round 2: Barca - Cadiz 2-0

serghei

Nah you nugget... read the bottom part.

But yes we know.. Xavi is never to blame.

Xavi has built a system for players to do well in. That's how we beat Madrid repeatedly last season and won the league. Of course it's not as great as teams operating with hundreds of millions in players invested each summer :lol:.

serghei

That's true. And the players also have to prove they are good enough for CL level. Goes both ways. I can admit that both are true, and that Xavi needs to improve AND the players need to improve.

The team's perfomances in CL are a clear collective issue. Players not good enough and manager still learning.

jamrock

Then in this case, there's nothing stopping Gundogan from showing his quality here in CL. It is gonna be much harder than at City for obvious reasons, but if he has so much quality as believed, he'll rise up to the challenge this season.

If he does, chapeau bas, he's better than I believe him to be.

My reservation with him is that at Barcelona there's no player like Haaland up front, and no midfielder like De Bruyne next to him, no Grealish on the left, no Pep on the bench... and so on.

I think you're getting him showing his quality too interlaced with the overall team performance.

Like you said we don't have a de bruyne or rodri, so he could very well out in 8-9/10 performances in each game and we still lose, because our striker don't take their chances are any other reason.

JamDav1982

That's true. And the players also have to prove they are good enough for CL level. Goes both ways. I can admit that both are true, and that Xavi needs to improve AND the players need to improve.

The CL level is lower than beating Real... Xavi made too many errors in team line ups in Europe that he didnt in league and v Real particularly in second half of season.

Cant have it that Xavi gets credit when win league and players when fail in Europe particularly when have players should be doing better with.

serghei

I think you're getting him showing his quality too interlaced with the overall team performance.

Like you said we don't have a de bruyne or rodri, so he could very well out in 8-9/10 performances in each game and we still lose, because our striker don't take their chances are any other reason.

Yea, but if he does well he is still gonna be recognized as a top player for us much like De Jong is.

serghei

The CL level is lower than beating Real... Xavi made too many errors in team line ups in Europe that he didnt in league and v Real particularly in second half of season.

Cant have it that Xavi gets credit when win league and players when fail in Europe particularly when have players should be doing better with.

No it's not. Pressure is higher in CL vs big teams.

JamDav1982

Yea, but if he does well he is still gonna be recognized as a top player for us much like De Jong is.

Likewise if you claim Xavi can produce systems to get best from his players then you have to say he needs to do that for Gundogan.

Cant have constant rules where Xavi only gets credit until lose then its the players.

jamrock

If their is one thing I truly like about Jamdav it's us ability to ignore nuance in his stead fast attempt to give is life meaning through arguments on the internet 😂.

JamDav1982

No it's not. Pressure is higher in CL vs big teams.

No it isnt.

Pressure v Frankfurt, Inter, Utd etc not higher than v Real.

Pressure maybe does get to Xavi and over thinks it.

Barca have more CL winners last season than almost all teams bar Real.. these players are not new to pressure. It was the older ones and Xavi that let team down the most there.

serghei

Likewise if you claim Xavi can produce systems to get best from his players then you have to say he needs to do that for Gundogan.

Cant have constant rules where Xavi only gets credit until lose then its the players.

No, if the team fails to qualify in CL knockouts vs inferior teams it's his fault too, not just on the players.

JamDav1982

If their is one thing I truly like about Jamdav it's us ability to ignore nuance in his stead fast attempt to give is life meaning through arguments on the internet 😂.

Aye ok and you just lie about saying Lamal was shite etc.

Usual.

Fair vanished from that convo eh!

Too easy.

JamDav1982

No, if the team fails to qualify in CL knockouts vs inferior teams it's his fault too, not just on the players.

Yes it is ultimately his fault more than anyone else as always is with coaches. They live and die by how players perform and the systems they put them within to get best chance to perform.

To make out there was too much pressure is a nonsense.

Home of Barca Fans