La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

jairzinho

Imagine if a 4th place Athletico team manages to knock Liverpool out of CL on Wednesday. What would that say about the quality in Spain?

Horatio

You're welcome
I would say even the mid-high level teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, etc. aren't as good as old days. Far from their best level. Football in general are having very low period right now and it seems it won't be significantly changed for another decade due to lack of future talents in football world.

I think the question still remains: Are top flight teams regressing or are lower table teams catching up. If so, stronger competition should benefit the overall league level.
I think football could be mostly figured out for now. Like how we had such a low number of goals on last World Cup and Euro cup because teams had more balanced tactics.

tacticvarium

EPL has always been the most overrated league except perhaps the early 2000s. Only the fools would argue that EPL has the best quality and is the most competitive league. Barça, Real and Bayern will equally dominate the EPL if they compete there. The most accessible league? Yes, certainly due to the language and their relatively more direct football style.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

I think the question still remains: Are top flight teams regressing or are lower table teams catching up. If so, stronger competition should benefit the overall league level.
I think football could be mostly figured out for now. Like how we had such a low number of goals on last World Cup and Euro cup because teams had more balanced tactics.

I believe both the top class teams and mid-high~mid class teams dropped in their quality but the gap is a lot more significant from the top teams. Hence, it creates the misconception that level of competition still remains the same or mid/low teams are catching up.

Barcilliant

I would say even the mid-high level teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, etc. aren't as good as old days. Far from their best level. Football in general are having very low period right now and it seems it won't be significantly changed for another decade due to lack of future talents in football world.

Bingo! Exactly.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/mar/08/champions-league-europe-elite-grown-fat-jonathan-wilson

Check the article above.

It's clear the level of football has declined markedly. A lot of young players are more interested in money and instagram. Look at Pogba.

Richard.H

Will be interesting how this season's campaign finishes. I don't think we will get wins vs Sevilla away and Villareal away. We can barely field 11 players. Not sure how RM will do, but they are still in a much better spot than us in terms of squad/having stamina to finish the season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Will be interesting how this season's campaign finishes. I don't think we will get wins vs Sevilla away and Villareal away. We can barely field 11 players. Not sure how RM will do, but they are still in a much better spot than us in terms of squad/having stamina to finish the season.

We can comfortably choke half of our remaining games so doesn’t matter what you piss away. And you’re likely to get Suarez back sometime in April no? Even more so if we do beat City and have to play on 2 fronts.

I think we’ll beat Eibar at home, narrowly lose to City, draw or lose to Valencia and same with a Sociedad at Anoeta where both teams are fighting for top4. Then we’ll see where Barca are with their results but if you’re going to go +5 at any point then title is pretty much yours.

henias

Imagine if a 4th place Athletico team manages to knock Liverpool out of CL on Wednesday. What would that say about the quality in Spain?

Then if City manage to knock out Madrid, who already has 2 away goal advantage? What does that say? I wouldnt say Atletico has a massive advantage, considering it's 1 goal at their home ground. You do also realise Liverpool lost to Watford and Chelsea right after that, with a bigger goal margin right? Liverpool clearly dealt with some issues after their unbeaten run; fatigue comes into picture.

I don't think that one match is indicative of any superiority Spain have over other leagues. Tactically, Atletico plays with an extremely low lying block which just so happens to be Liverpool's weakness atm.

TrueCule

We are going to be the only one to advance past 1/8 finals of the CL finals this season. Valencia, Real and Atletico will probably get knocked out. In our best times we had Atletico, Barca and Real going smoothly to at least 1/4 final, we had a finalist in both CL and EL. Spanish teams dominated in European tournaments. That's not the case this season anymore.

Home of Barca Fans