Junior Firpo

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport says we won't be going after him and will try to sign one of Philipp Max and Jerome Roussillon instead because the latter are cheaper (20m). What the fuck. These are nobodies even to a Buli fan like me.

A difference of 10m appears to be too much for us. What the hell is happening to us financially? Are you going broke? We borrowed 140m earlier this year from the US. Bartomeu confirmed that we borrowed another 30m to finance Griezmann's signing. Now we are giving up on someone really good because we can't afford 10m?

xXKonan

Well to be fair a much more reliable source in Moises Llorens says Firpo is still our number one target.

jairzinho

Hopefully we wrap this up soon. This is the kind of signings we should be looking at. Medium to long term. Once he adapts we should be set at LB for a long time.

Porque

We were linked with Rousillon earlier in the year so it could be a case of his agent throwing his name about.

jairzinho

The only other player i really liked for the LB spot was Renan Lodi from Paranaense but Athletico beat us to him. The good thing about Firpo is he doesn't occupy a non eu spot.

Donatello

Well to be fair a much more reliable source in Moises Llorens says Firpo is still our number one target.

No, Afaik he said that those 2 youngsters will be tried before Firpo.

I guess maybe because we are just looking for a backup and Firpo is too expensive, or maybe he wants to be more than a backup.

jairzinho

Firpo should be a priority. We shouldn't be looking just for a temporary backup but for someone who could eventually transition into a starter.

Devils

Still catering to that clown Alba when we should be looking for his replacement not a back up.

Leo_Messi

Don't believe the rumors linking the club with those two nobodies from the Bundesliga or a 27 year old and pretty much past it Alaba for one second. Most likely negotiation tactics to pressure Betis.

Would be shocking if we did not sign Firpo. There are not a better option out there based on level, talent, potential, strengths, age, experience in La Liga and likely transfer fee. It should be a no brainer.

serghei

Seems like an interesting player. Quite a few interesting players form Betis. Fabian Ruiz was one that got away.

xXKonan

Also ARA. Cat is a good source as well. It's not a Tabloid sports paper like SPORT and MD are and they don't always write transfer rumors, but when they do it's usually due to the fact there's likely truth to it.

I've read the article and Firpo is the one Valverde wants the most. The article also mentions the names popped up such as Alaba, Phillip Maxx, Guerreiro are likely leaked to the Catalan press in order to put pressure on the selling club.

Betis needs the money to buy Borja Iglesias.

https://www.ara.cat/esports/Junior-...um=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=ara

Home of Barca Fans