Junior Firpo

Donatello

Firpo remains the most favored option for Barça in terms of a left-back reinforcement & he would very much like the move. Betis demand €25M for a regular transfer; Barça aren't ready to pay that price. [Adria Albets-SER]

Leo_Messi

€25 million is an absolute bargain given the state of the current transfer market for a player of Firpo's level, talent and potential. I would be surprised if that valuation of his was accurate.

Donatello

€25 million is an absolute bargain given the state of the current transfer market for a player of Firpo's level, talent and potential. I would be surprised if that valuation of his was accurate.

Even his release clause is 50M and he was also heavily injured in last 2 seasons. So that figure looks genuine to me.

Leo_Messi

Even his release clause is 50M and he was also heavily injured in last 2 seasons. So that figure looks genuine to me.

https://sevilla.abc.es/deportes/alf...is/barca-apunta-junior-181210-1563134290.html

Yes, his recent muscular injuries have been a worry as I and other users wrote earlier. Been out injured for almost 200 days since August of 2017.

https://www.transfermarkt.es/junior-firpo/verletzungen/spieler/374139

I don't think it is anything chronic though. Muscular injuries are often a normal occurrence for young players with the pace and acceleration of Firpo. Dembélé comes to mind.

Nothing that a change of diet, training habits, getting more sleep and our staff could not change for the better.

In any case those extended injury periods should definitely lower the asking price.

So the board is flat-out ignoring Grimaldo huh

All due respect to Grimaldo but Firpo is the much better prospect, 1 year younger and probably Spain's best left back prospect nowadays. As for injuries, Grimaldo has been even more unlucky than Firpo and with much more serious injuries. 2 cruciate ligament injuries.

Last edited:

Devils

[tw]1151160376777515008[/tw]

NastyGreedyAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

We shuffling at the funeral of Alba's Barca career.

We move.

xXKonan

Grimaldo is a weird case.

I only hear about him from guys who extensively follow old La Masia players to check their progress and the occasional Benfica fans saying he's been pretty good and the occasional transfer rumors but when it comes to the conversation in regards to the Spanish NT, he seems to be out of the picture with others being preferred, such as Gaya and even Firpo is being touted as a likely option ahead of Grimaldo.

Guess he needs to leave Benfica in order to have a chance, but the problem is no one is willing to pay the money they would want for him.

Messi983

They were rumoured to be close to Alex Moreno as well but it's possible Rayo has demanded too much and they've moved on (they are similar players so I think that's the case).

MD confirming my speculations about A.Moreno.

Pedraza to Betis officially confirmed.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1151192672062849025[/tw]

Apparently Valverde approves of the signing of Junior Firpo as a back up for Alba. However, there are still more options other than Firpo.

Cucurella + 15-18€ million seems like a fair price for a player that Betis values at around €25-30 million.

BTW can't find a Youtube video of his playing against us early last season when we lost 3-4. He scored and was quite unstoppable on the counter and one-against one.

xXKonan

Cucu was clearly bought back to be sold for more money or be used in attain someone like Firpo.

Valverde wasn't fond of Cucu, and I'm not sure his great season at Eibar did anything to change that.

Riordon

Must admit I watched Betis less than 5 times last season so cant say much about him. But sounds really interesting what you are saying about him.

I’m getting a little tired about the fact that Alba can’t create by dribbling nor passing but just running into space. So refreshing with a back who can take a man or two ala Marcelo.

To simplify it, the Semedo case has left me with this: For is I prefer at least one of the fullback to be 10/10 offensively and 7/10 defensively instead of the other way around.

Home of Barca Fans